(CLOSED) TextBox Commisions (Free)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

(CLOSED) TextBox Commisions (Free)

#1 Post by Sayumi101 »

Free TextBox Creation Services
Will Reopen once I get the W.I.Ps done with ^^
Hello there everyone. Lately I've been making random textboxes as a way for myself to gain more experience in the matter. For now I'm offering free textbox creation services (buttons included). I am by no means experienced so the type of my work will hold limitations.
What I need from you.
1. Credits.
2. The screen resolution you're using and approximately how big you'd like the box to be.
3. Would you require buttons? (If yes, then which eg: save, load, skip, auto, prefs)
4. Any additional info regarding the theme and overall feel of your game. And clear any other doubts that surface along the way.
If the final product is not to your liking, you can always ask them to be redone as and how required.
Estimated time of delivery (5 days within my accepting the order. Please be willing to be a little patient.)
It would be desirable if your game is in the production works, but I'm willing to help even if it's still in it's most earliest stages of development. (Note- If your game is not released within 1.5 years of my having supplied you with the box, I will make it available as a free resource.)
Examples
Ones with buttons included
Ones with buttons included
More examples : ---> http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52#p347852
Phase 1
1. Godline (DONE)
2. Aviala (DONE)
3. firecat (DONE)
4. Sakura Hughes (Just Textbox DONE)

Phase 2
1. Erisyuuki (DONE)
2. Mickychi (DONE)

~!Commission Examples!~

And that's about it ^.^)/
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:44 am, edited 15 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: TextBox Commisions (Open)(Free)

#2 Post by Aviala »

Hey there! Would it be okay to ask for a textbox that may or may not be used in the final product? I currently making a demo of my game and I need it to be ready before mid-February, and I'm still missing a lot of stuff. So the textbox you made would be used in the demo, and maybe the final product too if I like it enough. I still have a lot to do since I'm still missing all the backgrounds and most of the character art so I don't think I have the time to do the GUI myself.

Here's a link to my topic: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=28683

My screen resolution is 1920x1080 (Full HD) and I'm looking for something that fits a kind of fantasy/arabic theme. I don't need anything too fancy, just something that's not too modern-looking or bright, since the my colour palette mostly consists of browns, blues and beiges. I liked the patterns on the pink textbox you made, and also the orange border one.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#3 Post by firecat »

hi there can you help make a text box that looks like the future, something close to this

the screen is 805x605, text box is maybe 780x130, i need buttons for start game, load game, preference, help and quit (the starting buttons)

my game will launch at february but i will soon release a beta test for it somewhere in january. my game information is here if you interested in it http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=29436

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Sayumi101
Veteran

#4 Post by Sayumi101 »

Aviala wrote:My screen resolution is 1920x1080 (Full HD) and I'm looking for something that fits a kind of fantasy/arabic theme. I don't need anything too fancy, just something that's not too modern-looking or bright, since the my colour palette mostly consists of browns, blues and beiges. I liked the patterns on the pink textbox you made, and also the orange border one.
Of course ^^ I'm not really particular on the usage since this is mostly a way to gain experience on different types of themes and (hopefully) help people out in the process.
Anyways, I've taken a look at your project and I'll try to get something simple whipped up ^^ And really, I'm not really majorly experienced in the textbox creation arena, so whether you to use it or not is upto you, though if you don't use it at all (in the demo either) it goes out as a free resource.
I'll PM you with a sample (not necessarily the final product) in about two days.
Last edited by Sayumi101 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Sayumi101
Veteran

#5 Post by Sayumi101 »

firecat wrote:hi there can you help make a text box that looks like the future, something close to this
So something a little futuristic with a blue-ish black-ish colour tone. The sample you hit me with is nice and I'll try to adhere to that style (as much as possible)
And as for the starting menu buttons, it'll take a wee bit more time since I'm still more or less experimenting with them. I'll have a sample of the textbox (not necessarily the final product) PM-ed to you in about two days.

Thanks for taking an interest.
ImageImageImage

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#6 Post by Kato »

I would like to enlist your services if I may?
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Sayumi101
Veteran

#7 Post by Sayumi101 »

Kato wrote:I would like to enlist your services if I may?
Well I'm relatively free now with nothing particularly to do, so sure ^^
Could you maybe send a PM regarding the specifics you're looking for?
ImageImageImage

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#8 Post by Kato »

Great, I'll package up everything relevant and send you a message :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Sayumi101
Veteran

Re: TextBox Commisions Two slots (OPEN) (Free)

#9 Post by Sayumi101 »

Reopened
2/3 slots, just in time for NanoReno ^^
I'll add more samples later.
ImageImageImage

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#10 Post by Mickychi »

If it's possible to request a textbox with two versions I'd like to request it please. I want to display the main character to the side of the text box in a bubble/box separate but connected to the text box when she speaks, but I'd also like to have her and her box not appear when other characters speak.

I'd also like a name box - which can be included in both text box images, and buttons for save, load, skip, etc... But would I have to edit the code/script for this or would you supply it?

It's for my NaNoRenO game, Underwater garden - as the name implies the game is set underwater with mermaids as the characters, so I'd like a text box that suits the theme, a light blue colour that's elegant, and air bubbles as a decoration somewhere. Maybe to the side/s of the textbox (inside the box).

The screen size I'm using is 1024 x 768

Is this possible?
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Sayumi101
Veteran

#11 Post by Sayumi101 »

Mickychi wrote:If it's possible to request a textbox with two versions I'd like to request it please. I want to display the main character to the side of the text box in a bubble/box separate but connected to the text box when she speaks, but I'd also like to have her and her box not appear when other characters speak.

I'd also like a name box - which can be included in both text box images, and buttons for save, load, skip, etc... But would I have to edit the code/script for this or would you supply it?

It's for my NaNoRenO game, Underwater garden - as the name implies the game is set underwater with mermaids as the characters, so I'd like a text box that suits the theme, a light blue colour that's elegant, and air bubbles as a decoration somewhere. Maybe to the side/s of the textbox (inside the box).

The screen size I'm using is 1024 x 768

Is this possible?
Well, for the bubble in which the main character appeares, I'd suggest to add it onto the main character sprite, then include it in the character declaration with an ----> show_side_image=Image("Image name.png",xalign=0.0,yalign=1.0) rather than creating two different textbox versions and fiddling over which goes where.
As for the rest of the things, it sounds perfectly reasonable and doable. And since you particularly asked, I could do the coding if required (in case you're shorthanded and stuff)
So. What I'll do is one text box, one name box + respective buttons. I probably could make you the box thingy as well, but merging it with the sprite and it's different expressions would be entirely upto you. So if these conditions are acceptable, shoot me a sign of acceptance and I'll get you a first draft in three days or so.
ImageImageImage

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#12 Post by Mickychi »

Cool~ Please do make the box thingy too, I can decide later whether to merge it or not. Thanks~
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

Sayumi101
Veteran

Re: TextBox Commisions (REOPEN, two slots)(Free)

#13 Post by Sayumi101 »

Reopened for a limitted time. Two more slots.
Friendly reminder that these are textboxes only, no GUI and that I'm still in the learning stages. That be all.

Updated with more examples! ^.^)/
ImageImageImage

sunTARIA
Regular

Re: TextBox Commisions (REOPEN, two slots)(Free)

#14 Post by sunTARIA »

Sayumi101 wrote:Reopened for a limitted time. Two more slots.
Friendly reminder that these are textboxes only, no GUI and that I'm still in the learning stages. That be all.

Updated with more examples! ^.^)/
ooh these look nice ;_;
can u do a tutorial on how to make a textbox?
whenever i try to make one, but they turn out as pieces of shit :/
Nostalgic Memories are always used as a way to poison and torture others.
--------------
When in doubt if you use these codes to hide your work, people!
build.classify('game/**.png', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.jpg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpyc', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.mp3', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ttf', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogg', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.ogv', 'archive')
build.classify('game/**.rpy', None)

-----
it'll help you when you need to hide files! :D

Sayumi101
Veteran

Re: (CLOSED) TextBox Commisions (Free)

#15 Post by Sayumi101 »

sunTARIA wrote: ooh these look nice ;_;
can u do a tutorial on how to make a textbox?
whenever i try to make one, but they turn out as pieces of shit :/
Thank you for your kind words.
I'm still a newbie myself so I'm not sure I can make an accurate enough tutorial >.<)~
But I could PM you roughly the stuff I tend to do to make them look at least mildly presentable.
ImageImageImage