Passionate? Got good ideas? I want to help! FREE/PAID Artist

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Iceramyst

Passionate? Got good ideas? I want to help! FREE/PAID Artist

#1 Post by Iceramyst »

Me: Artist with a little free time and a hankering to help someone achieve their dream.
You: Someone with a dream who wants a little help.
Sound good?

Basically, I want to help give back to the community I've been lurking in for so long, keep up my own skills and do the thing I do to help you get that thing you need. I'd love to do some small, quick projects for those who would like them--free! (Or at least until I run out of that time again.)

Small and quick looks like:
- 3 characters, 1-2 expressions (maybe more with the same pose)
OR
- 2 simple color backgrounds
OR
- 1 complicated color background/title page
OR
- 1 character, 3-5 expressions
OR, you know, anything else that seems reasonable.* Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do any sort of long-term collaboration. But if you want one or two things done that you've been struggling with, or want an extra-fancy title page that doesn't have to match the art style of the rest, let me know!

My stipulation is that I have to find your projects or characters interesting, and I have to have some skill in drawing that thing you want--I'll let you know if I don't :) If your game isn't my cup of tea, I'll have to give it a pass on free work, though we might be able to talk paid depending on why.

Things I'm interested in include: fantasy, diverse casts, BL games, women-audience games, originality, cool clothes, most animals, historical clothes/settings, traditional culture, mythology. I'm iffy on slice-of-life, but if you've got a cool concept I may be persuaded. I'd love to take on work with a unique medium or coloring style, like charcoal or an oil painting look. (Do your characters look at a painting on a date, or pass by a family portrait in a castle?) I'm better at Japanese-style art, see sample below, but if you can provide an example of a different style you want, I can give it a shot.

Things you don't want me drawing: cars, steampunk backgrounds (characters are ok), really just machines at all, guys with short hair, backgrounds with a million small objects ie. libraries and messy bedrooms and restaurants, horror, gore. Despite what the sample of my game's characters would suggest, no furries (total catboy exception, though.) PG-13/R romance is okay, but no PG-12/R violence.

Here's a sample of some different styles, characters and backgrounds:
icera_promo.png
Still want me to do some art for you? Post a gripping summary of your game or character, let me know what you'd like done, and give me some way to give it to you. Level of art direction is completely up to you--if you know exactly what you want a scene to look like, have reference photos, models and a color palette, great; if you just know you want a scene with a girl who looks however wearing whatever standing somewhere rural-ish, that's cool too. For background art, be sure to let me know what pixel dimensions your game is. If you don't want to post spoilers, feel free to PM. Not sure if your game fits what I can do? Just ask!

If you want to give me credit in your game for work I do for you, awesome, and if you're inspired to pay for a cup of coffee, cool, but my goal is to help out and have fun! As an added bonus, if you have Manga Studio, Photoshop, or Painter, let me know upfront, and I'll give you the layered files so you can do your own editing.

Thank you for considering me!
--IM

(*If you've got a seriously interesting project, I might be able to take on something medium-sized if money is involved. Let me know if you want to talk about this and we can discuss scope.)

lilyrose
Regular

Re: Passionate? Got good ideas? I want to help! FREE/PAID Ar

#2 Post by lilyrose »

Hey! Well I love your watercolor style but I was wondering how you felt about cgs?
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

CottonCandyCyanide

Re: Passionate? Got good ideas? I want to help! FREE/PAID Ar

#3 Post by CottonCandyCyanide »

Salutations! We're Cotton Candy Cyanide, a small development studio currently in the process of making our first Visual Novel. You said to get you interested, so we thought we'd give it a go. :3

Quick Synopsis: The Visual Novel takes place on a military spaceship called the Everett. After Earth has been rendered uninhabitable, the human race is seeking sanctuary on another planet and the Everett has been tasked with the mission of locating and terraforming a new planet. As humanity has not yet invented Faster Than Light travel, it takes multiple generations to reach their destination, as such the current crew is second-generation ship-born personnel.

The ship was designed to carry a crew of roughly 40 however, due to a resource scare and a Captain willing to kill her crew members to ensure the success of the mission, the ship currently is running on a skeleton crew of less than 15 people. You play a researcher who is rescued by the crew in deep space, which triggers the Artificial Intelligence program (hastily reprogrammed by the Captain before her death to prevent waste of resources) to begin killing off crew members. You must complete your research into inter-dimensional travel in order to steal resources from alternate versions of yourself and stop the killing spree.

While that all sounds rather dark, the game is a combination of romance, thriller and comedy.

We're currently struggling to get all of the necessary money together for our artists, so if you are interested and wanted to help us out, you could do one of the following:

1 complicated color background done in the traditional style of deep space. Stars, comets, pretty colours, the whole shebang.

OR

1 old-school oil portrait style picture of Hugh Everett. He's the namesake of our ship so we thought it'd be cute to have a portrait of him onboard, or as a Kickstarter reward. :3

Anyways, if you are interested in either of these, that'd be super! We have Photoshop, if you wanted to swing us the PSD file.

We're contactable at cottoncandycyanide@gmail.com

Thanks very much for your time. :3