Character Artist For Hire

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Otakatt
Tumblr: Otakatt
Deviantart: Otakatt

Character Artist For Hire

#1 Post by Otakatt »

Hi! I've been interested in visual novels for quite some time and have always wanted to be involved in the creation of one. Unfortunately I do not have the coding skills to make one on my own but I do have artistic skills that might allow me to assist others in creating them. My art can be found here: http://otakatt.deviantart.com/ And general commission prices can be found here: http://otakatt.deviantart.com/journal/C ... -452737364

Commissions are a bit different than doing character art/sprites for a visual novel so I've only included that to give a very rough idea of how I do my prices. What I would charge for doing art on a visual novel could be wildly different depending on what was required of me, so that's more of a "to be negotiated" thing rather than me able to give a definitive number.

As for what I will and won't work on; I'm okay with tasteful nudity. Beyond that it might be better to find a different artist. ^^ If you're interested in possibly hiring me for a job, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can take it from there!

Image Image

ImageImage

Image Image ImageImage

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Character Artist For Hire

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

Oh your art is really amazing =). I'd love to see it in a vn. I actually do have a question though. Do you do backgrounds at all? I saw from some of your pictures that you have nice bg art.

Otakatt
Tumblr: Otakatt
Deviantart: Otakatt

#3 Post by Otakatt »

Fenrir34 wrote:Oh your art is really amazing =). I'd love to see it in a vn. I actually do have a question though. Do you do backgrounds at all? I saw from some of your pictures that you have nice bg art.
Thank you!

For the purposes of a visual novel? Probably not. I think backgrounds are a big weakness of mine and that I don't do them very well. I have a couple images where I think things came together, but for the most part when I attempt a background it doesn't turn out that great.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#4 Post by Fenrir34 »

Otakatt wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:Oh your art is really amazing =). I'd love to see it in a vn. I actually do have a question though. Do you do backgrounds at all? I saw from some of your pictures that you have nice bg art.
Thank you!

For the purposes of a visual novel? Probably not. I think backgrounds are a big weakness of mine and that I don't do them very well. I have a couple images where I think things came together, but for the most part when I attempt a background it doesn't turn out that great.

No problem =), and I understand. Backgrounds aren't easy at all in truth =(. But thank you for telling me =). I wish you the best of luck in finding a project. I'm sure you'll get work in no time :mrgreen: .