Unique Anime Styled Sprites / Hand-drawn VN Backgrounds [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

Unique Anime Styled Sprites / Hand-drawn VN Backgrounds [OPEN]

#1 Post by Boniae »

Hey there! I'm a visual novel artists with quite a bit of experience under my belt, though primarily just from my own solo dev work. Although I have sprite examples (and other art) here from my own projects, I highly recommend taking a look at my Instagram or portfolio to be sure you like my style. My rate is $20/hr, so the prices below will reflect that rate.

For other kinds of commissioned art that's not VN related, you can find my commission info here.

With that being said, if you're interested, I'd love to hear about your project! The best way to get in touch with me is via a email, or an lemmasoft PM. My contact/paypal email is: sevitachan@gmail.com.

General information
* I'm not picky with the genres or settings! I'm comfortable with any gender and any age group. Anything goes!
* Reference pictures and character descriptions (such as personality and background) are pretty important to my process, so be sure to send them my way!
* My sprites are either headshots, waist up, or thigh up, or fullbody, so just be sure to specify.
* I can only allow 2 minor changes to my work when I present the finished sprites before I'll have to charge for making changes. (such as the line color, color changes, simple drawing changes, etc) Please make your change decisions in the sketch stage, where changes will be free of charge.
* If you have a commercial project there will be a fee added on to the total price of the commissions.
* If you have a project deadline, please let me know and I'll be happy to meet it. (For example, one month for five sprites.) The quickest I may be able to finish a batch of five or more would be two to three weeks, but this is also depending on my existing workload.
* From the time I'm paid and begin working on your art, I do not accept refunds since I update my clients with WIPs as I progress. During the sketch/WIP phase, feel free to ask me to change what you see fit.
* Please be sure you're comfortable and satisfied with my art style before commissioning me.

Payment
* I only accept payment through Paypal.
* Though I would prefer full payment before beginning, I can accept half payment before starting the initial designs. The second half of payment comes after I've finished the sprites and they are approved. (All images being sent for approval will be watermarked until I receive full payment.)
* I don't do rev share.

1 character headshot + 5 expressions (of your choice) + 1 outfit = $25 USD
+ Additional outfit $15 USD
+ Additional pose $20 USD
+ Additional expression $2 USD

1 character + 5 expressions (of your choice) + 1 outfit = $50 USD (70 for fullbody)
+ Additional outfit $25 USD depending on complexity
+ Additional pose $30 USD
+ Additional expression $2 USD

CG / Illustrations / BG Art
Range of $75-180 depending on the complexity, backgrounds, etc.

Background Art
Range of $90-180 depending on the complexity, backgrounds, etc.
If you like the look and appeal of handdrawn backgrounds, I got you covered! All these background examples are from my own VN, in which the style of the simplistic sprites for the game matched nicely against the drawn backgrounds. It will probably look different against other kinds of sprites, but for anime/stylized styles, I personally think they look the best.

Price varies on the types of background (for example, fantasy or Persian architecture would require a lot more research and time than a modern bedroom) how many color versions (day/night/etc) and how intricate it may be. Also, if you know how many backgrounds you need and are going to order in bulk, I can give you some kind of discount.

Thank you for reading! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Boniae on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Boniae
Regular

Re: Artist for hire! Sprites, concepts, and illustrations [O

#2 Post by Boniae »

I'm reopening these commissions for 2017!!! :mrgreen:
Since my art has improved since 2015, I've added new examples.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#3 Post by potouto »

Hnng I still love your artstyle so much I wish I have a project to hire you :0 It's so nice <3 Hope you will get a lot of projects!

yeah well | commission | website

Boniae
Regular

#4 Post by Boniae »

potouto wrote:Hnng I still love your artstyle so much I wish I have a project to hire you :0 It's so nice <3 Hope you will get a lot of projects!
Aww thank you so much!! That's really sweet of you to say!!! ^//O//^ Haha, since NaNoRenO is almost around the corner, hopefully I will! :mrgreen:

Boniae
Regular

#5 Post by Boniae »

Re-bumping since I'm still open for commissions and no longer working on my own project sprites. :D

Boniae
Regular

Re: Unique Anime Styled Sprites / Hand-drawn VN Backgrounds

#6 Post by Boniae »

Returning to commission work again since my current project's workload is freeing up. I've also finally opened background commissions!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#7 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Yes! YES! I've been looking for backgrounds like these! Let me get some stuff together and I will absolutely get in touch with you!
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Boniae
Regular

#8 Post by Boniae »

PassiveChicken wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 pm Yes! YES! I've been looking for backgrounds like these! Let me get some stuff together and I will absolutely get in touch with you!
Oh awesome! Apologies for such a delayed reply, I'm surprised I didn't get an email notification for this post--but let me know once you're ready, you can PM me or shoot me an email. :mrgreen:

Boniae
Regular

Re: Unique Anime Styled Sprites / Hand-drawn VN Backgrounds [OPEN]

#9 Post by Boniae »

Hi everyone! I'm bumping this thread since I'm currently looking to take on some work this spring-summer. Get in touch if you're interested or have any questions!