■ Artist: Sprites, CGs, BGs, GUI, Misc. [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
konett
Regular
Projects: White Lie, Witching Tower, Tropichu!
Tumblr: cosmickonett
Deviantart: konett
itch: konett

Re: ■ Artist: Sprites, CGs, BGs, GUI, Misc.

#31 Post by konett »

Facelord wrote:That seems reasonable enough. Not really sure why artists charge more for commercial products, though; some legal reason I'm not aware of? Legitimately curious here.

And is 20% your increased price for commercial products, or was that just an example number? Sorry if I'm asking too much - I'm funding my projects off a full-time $10/hour job while paying bills and doing most of the development myself, so I'm a little price-conscious. I'm heavily considering putting you at the top of my shortlist based on what I see here, I just wanna have all the numbers before I make any decisions.
I don't speak for everyone but for me, the listed prices are based on my skill and time I have to put in to complete an asset. That is the same for people who commission me for personal illustrations and such. When a commissioner wants to use my art for something commercial, I add a fee because they will profit from the work I deliver. A lot of artists have a similar mindset.

The 20% is the fee for most projects, but that's the highest it goes. The range is 15 to 20 depending on the project and or asset.

konett
Regular

#32 Post by konett »

More recent sprite examples:

I will try to update the first post in the near future with more recent examples and updated info.

konett
Regular

#33 Post by konett »

I have updated the first post with new examples and a few edits.
For people who are looking for a less expensive alternative, I've uploaded my Patreon assets on itch.io
I am open for commissions, with currently the rest of July and August open! (excluding the few days in Augst where I'll be moving)
Contact me here or via email (konett92[at]gmail.com or cosmickonett[at]gmail.com)

konett
Regular

Re: ■ Artist: Sprites, CGs, BGs, GUI, Misc. [OPEN]

#34 Post by konett »

I have more time coming up, so I'll be actively taking commission's again until mid-january! If you are interested in working with me, please shoot me an email.