[Closed / Waitlist Only] Logos, GUI + Graphics Artist!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ypressgames
Regular
Completed: To Trust an Incubus, My Magical Demon Lover, Gods of Love, Mister Versatile
Projects: Alpha Hole Prison, Maelstrom
Organization: Y Press Games
Tumblr: ypressgames
Soundcloud: ypressgames
itch: ypressgames
Discord: Y Press Games#4885

Re: [Open] Logos, GUI + Graphics Artist!

#61 Post by ypressgames »

I emailed 3 days ago and never heard back. I asked for you to please give me the courtesy of a reply if you didn't want the project so I wouldn't waste my time waiting on you.

Anyway, I've hired someone else. Close this thread maybe?
~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'
Y Press Games, Making Yaoi, Bara, and Gay Romance Visual Novels - Are You Y-Curious?
https://discord.gg/Vd23qJ4
https://www.facebook.com/ypressgames/
https://twitter.com/ypressgames

ShadyLadyGames

#62 Post by ShadyLadyGames »

Sent a message to you via your twitter. Hope to hear from you!

ds-sans
Regular
Completed: Lost Impressions, Sounds of Her Love

#63 Post by ds-sans »

ypressgames wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:03 am I emailed 3 days ago and never heard back. I asked for you to please give me the courtesy of a reply if you didn't want the project so I wouldn't waste my time waiting on you.

Anyway, I've hired someone else. Close this thread maybe?
Three days is a little quick to give up on someone and accuse them of the lack of courtesy, particularly when I have been extremely busy, apologetic and accommodating to those waiting a slot/response. To suggest I close my thread and that working with me would be a 'waste of your time' is a lack of courtesy and professionalism on your part. Good luck with your project.

ypressgames
Regular
Completed: To Trust an Incubus, My Magical Demon Lover, Gods of Love, Mister Versatile
Projects: Alpha Hole Prison, Maelstrom
Organization: Y Press Games
Tumblr: ypressgames
Soundcloud: ypressgames
itch: ypressgames
Discord: Y Press Games#4885

#64 Post by ypressgames »

Your defensiveness implies a level of insecurity that a person with your amount of talent should not have.

You also misquoted me. I never said working with you would be a waste of time. I said I asked for you to tell me if you didn't want the project so I wouldn't waste my time waiting for a reply from you.

I wasn't attacking you. For all I knew at the time of my post you had abandoned this thread. Other posters should know if you aren't responsive, and three days is too long reply to an email in the Game Industry, where everyone is on a tight deadline. I think you know this.

You are welcome to delete these comments. You made a mistake with your angry reply that doesn't reflect well on someone soliciting their services.
~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'
Y Press Games, Making Yaoi, Bara, and Gay Romance Visual Novels - Are You Y-Curious?
https://discord.gg/Vd23qJ4
https://www.facebook.com/ypressgames/
https://twitter.com/ypressgames

ds-sans
Regular
Completed: Lost Impressions, Sounds of Her Love

#65 Post by ds-sans »

ypressgames wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:26 am Your defensiveness implies a level of insecurity that a person with your amount of talent should not have.

You also misquoted me. I never said working with you would be a waste of time. I said I asked for you to tell me if you didn't want the project so I wouldn't waste my time waiting for a reply from you.

I wasn't attacking you. For all I knew at the time of my post you had abandoned this thread. Other posters should know if you aren't responsive, and three days is too long reply to an email in the Game Industry, where everyone is on a tight deadline. I think you know this.

You are welcome to delete these comments. You made a mistake with your angry reply that doesn't reflect well on someone soliciting their services.
I don't think it's insecure to defend myself and explain my reasons for a delayed response (especially in my own thread). I'm entirely in my right to do that. Considering this is an industry/community comprised of indies, hobbyists, students, freelancers etc, not just commercial developers, three days would've been an apt amount of time to respond regardless.

I appreciate your input, but this conversation doesn't need to be continued any further and I hope things go well with the artist you ultimately hired instead.

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

#66 Post by Red-Baby »

Hired ds-sans to make a logo for one of my projects. Was timely, good communication and happy to make edits to the logo when I requested.
Really happy with the final design. =)

quillyquillquill
Regular
Projects: A Summer with the Shiba Inu
Organization: Quill Studios
itch: quill-studios

#67 Post by quillyquillquill »

Heya ds-sans, I am looking to commission a logo - feel free to DM me on Twitter if you have open slots and are interested!

Just wanted to echo those on the thread that ds-sans has been really reliable and has done quality work for a previous GUI I commissioned. :)

kittylove94
Regular

#68 Post by kittylove94 »

DS sans is working on my project, They are a lovely person to work with and so understanding!

izanami
Regular
Completed: un/FRAGMENT.
Projects: Minami,
Organization: Izakiko Paradox
itch: izakikoparadox
Discord: ragyuo

#69 Post by izanami »

I'll be coming back!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#70 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

I will shoot you an email right now!
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#71 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Boom. Email sent.
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.