Artist for hire [Affordable and quick sprites]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Re: Artist for hire [Affordable and quick sprites]

#31 Post by infel »

Byron wrote:Okay, can someone please lock this? I have numerous screenshots regarding proof of payment on my part, and lack of any art on hers. I don't believe in posting peoples private details publicly, but if anyone cares to pm me I would send them the screenshots. She has ignored any and all subsequent messages on facebook, even though she has since posted updates on her life, and since PayPal won't refund me I am effectively out over £100.

That is a fair amount of money for me, and I am really, really hurt -emotionally as well as financially. So please, even if not locked, at the very least post a warning on the original post and/or front page that this is most likely a scam. Don't let others make the same mistake, please.

@byron

Email Taleweaver or pytom and ask them. They might be able to lock this. Tell them to hide her email too so that this doesn't happen to someone else. I'm really sorry this happened to you =(.
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

YourGeekGoddess
Regular
Projects: Bog
Deviantart: YourGeekGoddess
Soundcloud: YourGeekGoddess

#32 Post by YourGeekGoddess »

Hello there! Your work is so shiny! o.o I've sent you a pm. c:

Facelord
Regular
Projects: Codebreaker, Tiresias, XoX
Organization: GoCoPro

#33 Post by Facelord »

"I have proof she's a scammer and she isn't responding to my requests for a refund!"
"Hello there! Your work is so shiny! o.o I've sent you a pm. c:"

Dear god. xD

Reading this thread really hammered home the idea that you can't trust people to do a job for you over the internet. I was planning on paying hundreds of dollars at a time to whatever sprite artist I end up finding, but now I'm a little hesitant... definitely gonna have them sign an ironclad contract and only pay half up-front, then the other half when I get the final sprites. Getting scammed like this would delay my VN's release, and I've already let go a couple artists with awful, awful communication issues. :/