Freelance Artist: Sprites, Icons, items, CGs and BGs! [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

Freelance Artist: Sprites, Icons, items, CGs and BGs! [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Elmvine »

Accepting payments in USD or GBP Only at their current exchange rate.

I'm looking for someone to team up with me to create a commercial visual novel 'studio'. :) Creating high quality non-generic games.

Hello,
I'm a freelance artist looking to work on some Visual Novels! I'm not particularly an anime-esque artist, but I hope my style can give some the Visual Novel market a fresh look! I'm also open for NSFW art.

My Process
If you have commissioned me before, some things may have changed. Currently, when accepting a quote, I will draft up a contract using the current exchange rate on that day. Whether or not the rates fluctuate, will not matter as this quote will be frozen until completion.

1. Planning: I like to collect as much information and references as I can before beginning. We will discuss the finer details of what is needed, as well as tailoring elements to your specific project.

2. Sketches & Confirmation: Unless told otherwise, I will update you with several sketches/stages or mockups for your approval before continuing onto the final work. After the confirmation of the final sketch, I expect half of the payment to be paid.

3. Creation & Revisions: You will typically hear from me again once the work is completed, however feel free to request updates. I am online most times and will reply as soon as I can. At this point I will send you a low res screenshot of what I consider to be the final image, where you can ask for any revisions if necessary. Once happy with the final product, the rest of the payment is due.

4. Files - After receiving the final payment. I will send you the full high res images and/or any PSDs if necessary.

* I'm willing to polish any fine details I or you notice before and after submission as a courtesy, but will not do major changes that greatly alter the image, or require paintovers free of charge

Price Quotes and Examples
The following examples have been used in commercial projects, and are here for portfolio purposes only. Do not use under any circumstance as they are copyrighted to their respective owners.

Estimates based on a £8/hr rate. I take pride in the things produce, and only want to produce the best of my abilities! However, prices are negotiable and do very from project to project.
Items
Style 1: £4 ($5) each

Examples:
Closed

Larger items: £6 each
Closed
Sprites
Style 1: Semi-real, my default style
All sprites come with 1 pose, 3 expressions and 1 outfit
Headshots and busts - £30
Halfbody - £65 (waist - knees)
Fullbody - £85
Closed
Headshots (Lineart applicable to any style)
Closed

Style 2 :* Any cell-shaded style, that is cartoonish in nature
All sprites come with 1 pose, 3 expressions and 1 outfit.
Headshots and busts - £25
Halfbody - £50 (waist - knees)
Fullbody - £75

Extras
Additional Expression - £5
Additional Arm Variation - £8
Additional Outfit - Price discussed based on complexity
Additional Pose - +75% of base sprite cost

Style 2 set choice:* Any cell-shaded style, that is cartoonish in nature
Due to the simplicity of this style. This set choice starts at a low base price as the PSD will be split into changeable groups.
Allowing you to mix and match outfits, eyebrows, eyes, mouths to create the expression you want. You will receive the PSD, or seperate png files. To be arranged like a dress up Avatar.
All sprites come with 1 pose, 1 expression set and 1 outfit.

An expression set is 1 eyebrow type, 1 eye type, 1 mouth type, 1 hairstyle and 1 other **
Headshots and busts - £20
Halfbody - £40 (waist - knees)
Fullbody - £60

Closed

Style set 2 extras:

*Style 2's set prices are subject to change, depending on the complexity of the client's wishes. It is an umbrella for any style that does not require extensive shading.
** Other refers to facial extras, such as sweat emojis

+1 Facial type - £1
+1 Outfit -£15
+1 Arm Pose - £6
+1 Hairstyle - £3-6 depending on complexity

An example of the customisable nature of a Style 2 set sprite. The anatomy does not have to be stylised.
Closed
Events and CGs
Closed
Backgrounds
Prices negotiable. Please expect anything from £60+ depending on complexity.
No current examples.
Miscellaneous
Closed
Previously heart health icons.
Last edited by Elmvine on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Facelord
Regular
Projects: Codebreaker, Tiresias, XoX
Organization: GoCoPro

Re: Freelance Artist: Sprites, Misc

#2 Post by Facelord »

Nice art style, very stylish. Not quite what I'm looking for, but I hope you get clients soon.

TheAlanaleilani
Tumblr: Rabidauthor.tumblr.com

#3 Post by TheAlanaleilani »

I adore your style! Are you interested in a Rev-Share project? I have details on it, and we have a programmer, Composer and Writer all lined up, but are lacking an artist/artists.

Elmvine
Regular

#4 Post by Elmvine »

@TheAlanaleilani Thankyou! Sorry, right now I'm not available for Rev-Share as I'm really quite full with commissions. But I shall be back in a few months with lovely new art examples!

Elmvine
Regular

#5 Post by Elmvine »

Updated with more examples! Currently available for one more project! Please paid-only!

Pando
Regular
Projects: Crossfire
Organization: Agape Studios
IRC Nick: Pando
Github: Scylardor

#6 Post by Pando »

Wow, your art is really nice looking :shock:
I like the fact that it actually isn't "anime-esque", since in my opinion it really doesn't fit some kinds of stories !

I may contact you in the next few weeks (we should be finishing the prep work phase of our next game at the end of August), hoping the commission slots won't get full 'til then ! :wink:

(Ps: do you accept Paypal ? :oops: )

Elmvine
Regular

#7 Post by Elmvine »

Hi Pando!
Thankyou for the kind words. I do accept paypal, and yes I'll still be available for work in September. However, I'll have much more limited space than this month!

Elmvine
Regular

Re: Professional Freelance Artist: Sprites, CGs and BGs!

#8 Post by Elmvine »

Hello everyone!
I just updated this thread with all new art and new prices.! As a way to sort of keep my 'portfolio' up to date. Although I'm in the process of making a portfolio site. http://elmvine.portfoliobox.net/ We'll see how it goes.
I have also removed most of the old art, but you can PM me for examples of other things if need be.

I feel like I've improved as an artist, but also have become interested in Visual novels once again! I'm not looking to join any projects as I am incredibly busy with my education right now and simply cannot guarantee the commitment I'd love to offer. However, I am wondering if anyone would be interested in teaming up, (preferably a two person team) to create quality visual novels with me. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so there's that to consider. I really want to see Visual novels try new things, but I feel weaker in the writing department, but love to brainstorm and pull from a range of inspiration.

Additional changes: I will now only price things in GBP. Currency exchange rates just have not been consistent, and with conversion rates through paypal and other services being all over the place, it's simply a bother to consistently adjust prices. Thus, for peace of mind my prices will be in the good ol' British pound. Though, for any future clients ease of mind, I'm happy to formally write the USD equivalent at the time of being commissioned, so you don't have to worry about me suddenly asking for a slightly different price.

Lastly,
How can I make my post look better? Is it too cluttered?

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: Freelance Artist: Sprites, CGs and BGs! Looking for part

#9 Post by Scribbles »

Very nice artwork, its has a unique style about it! ^^

I'm a writer who sucks at art, we could work together some time if you like. I've been trying to decide what to work on after Pinewood Island is complete (I have ideas but I gotta pick just one, you know? lol) anyway, PM me sometime if you like
Image - Image -Image

Elmvine
Regular

Re: Freelance Artist: Sprites, CGs and BGs!

#10 Post by Elmvine »

Hi Guys!
Just a quick update. Been away from the forums for a little bit and wow everything looks different! Going to have to format my thread, but in the mean time I'm open again for commissions!

I've added some personal sketches, and have recently completed some client work:
Image Image

Elmvine
Regular

#11 Post by Elmvine »

Would like to post an update as I'm also open for NSFW commissions.

Elmvine
Regular

#12 Post by Elmvine »

My Latest update:

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#13 Post by Bryy »

I really like the snowman art.

Elmvine
Regular

#14 Post by Elmvine »

Bryy wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 am I really like the snowman art.
Thank you! I don't get asked for it much, but it's an example of some cell shading work. Hopefully, I'll have some more cell shaded work to show by the end of the month.

Elmvine
Regular

#15 Post by Elmvine »

New Work,
Reopening commissions from now until April 15th. Also taking slots from May onwards.

New Icons:
ImageImageImage