[FREE] Anime CG Artist!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Hayel

[FREE] Anime CG Artist!

#1 Post by Hayel »

Hello Everyone! I am Hayel and I am an anime CG artist. I havn't worked with any VNs but would love to work for one. My art is usually anime style and I use very basic cell shading. There are two types of shades I can do. One is light shade with a little blending and second is sharp shades with no blending.(You can see in the examples given at the end) There are some restrictions to what I can draw:

I DON'T do:
1) Yori or Yaoi
2) Adult content
3) Gore

Rest is fine with me.
WARNING: I am NOT good with drawing backgrounds if that is okay.

What's the catch?
Well ofcourse there is.

What I want from you is:
1) Patience! I do need time to draw.
2) Cooperation!
3) Details of the game before I agree to work with you.
4) Credits

That's all and oh yeah I only have 1 SLOT so first come first serve :wink:
SLOTS
1)TAKEN

Here are some examples:

PM me if you are interested! :)
Attachments
sample_girl_by_hayel.png
sample_girl_by_hayel.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
Last edited by Hayel on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

aE2S
Regular
Projects: Passing Times, Yuri Game Jam 2
Organization: Team aE2S

Re: [FREE] Anime CG Artist!

#2 Post by aE2S »

Pardon me , but the characters in your samples that you've included seems like it is copied and pasted and only the background is being done on.

Do you not draw the characters from scratch? I just thought you should include that in your thread too if you don't to prevent misunderstanding :P If you did , then please forgive and ignore my sorrowful post n-n
Please support my Twitter & Patreon page!

Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/officialae2s

Twitter : https://twitter.com/official_ae2s

Currently working on ; [ Passing Times ]
Participating in ; Yuri Game Jam 2 , 2016 ! Demo to be released before 31st of October !

Hayel

#3 Post by Hayel »

aE2S wrote:Pardon me , but the characters in your samples that you've included seems like it is copied and pasted and only the background is being done on.

Do you not draw the characters from scratch? I just thought you should include that in your thread too if you don't to prevent misunderstanding :P If you did , then please forgive and ignore my sorrowful post n-n
I thought someone would point this out. No I draw them from scratch. I just take a screenshot from the anime and then try to redraw it.
There would be a difference I guess. This was something I did in my free time :p(The second one is the original)
Attachments
Chitoge-nisekoi1.png
Chitoge-nisekoi1.png (82.01 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
images (3).jpg

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by indoneko »

Your redrawing skill is quite good - to the point that it almost like a tracing of the original piece (or is it?). How did you do it?

Btw, do you have any sample drawing of your original characters?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

#5 Post by Taosym »

Tracing isn't okay. I get it, every artist has traced at some point in their lives. But drawing from scratch is entirely different from tracing screenshots exactly and saying you drew them.

If someone hires you for their project and asks you to design a character, what are you going to do? This only shoots yourself in the foot. Tracing could only ever be considered a learning tool, if you do it, it's as a step in learning proper construction techniques and anatomy to make your own work. There is no shortcut, believe me you might not like how you really draw, you think that this process makes you pretty artwork, but it is not you making this work! It was the original artist that had created it. Eventually the resentment will be more painful in the long run then spending the years learning how to do it right.

Save yourself time, stop tracing and put in the hard work to get better in your own right. That's the best advice you will ever get.

Hayel

#6 Post by Hayel »

indoneko wrote:Your redrawing skill is quite good - to the point that it almost like a tracing of the original piece (or is it?). How did you do it?

Btw, do you have any sample drawing of your original characters?
Thank you for appreciating my work and again I say IT IS NOT TRACING. It is just like how I do tarditional art. I keep a reference besides me but I DON'T TRACE. I can see what makes you say that it really looks more like the original one and could seem traced to anyone. I have a few peices which aren't from a screenshot or anything:
Attachments
sample_girl_by_hayel.png

Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

#7 Post by Taosym »

An image replicated by sight is not going to fit pixel perfect over the original. There are only two ways to do that, line tracing or using a grid. Both are very amateur techniques to xerox an image. It is also besides the point, the point is that you are copying an image another artist created exactly, down to the exact colors, style, clothing and saying it's 'yours'. Not only is that very beginner, it's also very illegal. If someone paid you to draw a character for their game and you tracedcopied it, they could then be DMCA'd sued what have you.

I'm not going to waste my time beyond this, you could either learn this lesson the easy way, or the hard way. Either way you are at some point in your life going to have to unlearn all of your mistakes and relearn things properly. The later you do that the more difficult it is going to be on you.

akumu.chan

#8 Post by akumu.chan »

I don't see where she says it's hers. The first post also states that it's fanart.

dfbreezy
Regular
Completed: Episicava, Analistica Academy.
Projects: Rainbow dreams, ADV Tale, A Noble Conquest.
Organization: Epicworks
Deviantart: Epic-works
Soundcloud: Epic_Works
itch: epic-works

#9 Post by dfbreezy »

Taosym wrote:An image replicated by sight is not going to fit pixel perfect over the original. There are only two ways to do that, line tracing or using a grid. Both are very amateur techniques to xerox an image. It is also besides the point, the point is that you are copying an image another artist created exactly, down to the exact colors, style, clothing and saying it's 'yours'. Not only is that very beginner, it's also very illegal. If someone paid you to draw a character for their game and you tracedcopied it, they could then be DMCA'd sued what have you.

I'm not going to waste my time beyond this, you could either learn this lesson the easy way, or the hard way. Either way you are at some point in your life going to have to unlearn all of your mistakes and relearn things properly. The later you do that the more difficult it is going to be on you.
I think you need to relax and re-read what the original post said friend. She said it's "Fanart". I've never heard of someone getting sued over fan art the way you describe mate.

Take a deep breath, then re-read it again. You'd see that she said she put the image beside her, and on a different sheet, tried to draw what was there using her eyes, not tracing. the result is what we saw.

And i believe what you mean by 'copying' is 'stealing'. No she didn't take credit for another's hard work, that's exactly why she put the original there for us to compare to her attempt to replicate it.

So please take that into consideration before you reply as rudely as you did. If you have a problem with the method, you could have constructed it in a better way. as it stands it seems to me like you're either hating on/ trying to troll her which is very uncool mate.

if you could it would be better if you structured your claims more maturely and With the notion of "innocent until proven guilty", instead of "This person is guilty no matter what they say".

If maybe in your past you did what you were talking about and got 'Dmca'd' that's your own fault mate but no one wants to hear you try to put down another based on your so called 'advice'.

I hope you become more enlightened to your mistakes after reading this. Thanks!

P.s I called Hayel 'she' because that the impression i got. i don't know their gender so read it with whichever pronoun you want.
ImageImage ImageImage

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by indoneko »

Hayel wrote:Thank you for appreciating my work and again I say IT IS NOT TRACING. It is just like how I do tarditional art. I keep a reference besides me but I DON'T TRACE.
Pardon my curiousness, but since you said that it wasn't a tracing, can you elaborate the step by step you used in your redrawing process? I'm an artist myself, so your tips might be useful for me.
I have a few peices which aren't from a screenshot or anything:
The black haired girl looks lovely. Is it your original character design for a game project?

Do you have DeviantArt/Pixiv account? I'd like to see more of your drawings.

andrewngn13
Regular
Projects: Recast

#11 Post by andrewngn13 »

The red is a lineart trace of the op's "fanart" resized and overlayed on the original art piece that was "redrawn".

Or if it needs to be more clearly shown, a side by side comparison. Left is original, right is fanart.
Last edited by andrewngn13 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feel feel to idea-bounce off me."
No, like seriously, just send a pm and I'll respond what I think. I'm open to reading anything.

EkanubaTheKittyCat
Projects: Live Over, The Witchcraft

#12 Post by EkanubaTheKittyCat »

I don't want to be rude, but if you want people to hire you, then show artwork of original characters, not taken from anime so people will see if your art style is what they are looking for. Anyways, good luck with your service.

Hayel

#13 Post by Hayel »

akumu.chan wrote:I don't see where she says it's hers. The first post also states that it's fanart.
dfbreezy wrote:
Taosym wrote:An image replicated by sight is not going to fit pixel perfect over the original. There are only two ways to do that, line tracing or using a grid. Both are very amateur techniques to xerox an image. It is also besides the point, the point is that you are copying an image another artist created exactly, down to the exact colors, style, clothing and saying it's 'yours'. Not only is that very beginner, it's also very illegal. If someone paid you to draw a character for their game and you tracedcopied it, they could then be DMCA'd sued what have you.

I think you need to relax and re-read what the original post said friend. She said it's "Fanart". I've never heard of someone getting sued over fan art the way you describe mate.

Take a deep breath, then re-read it again. You'd see that she said she put the image beside her, and on a different sheet, tried to draw what was there using her eyes, not tracing. the result is what we saw.

And i believe what you mean by 'copying' is 'stealing'. No she didn't take credit for another's hard work, that's exactly why she put the original there for us to compare to her attempt to replicate it.

So please take that into consideration before you reply as rudely as you did. If you have a problem with the method, you could have constructed it in a better way. as it stands it seems to me like you're either hating on/ trying to troll her which is very uncool mate.

if you could it would be better if you structured your claims more maturely and With the notion of "innocent until proven guilty", instead of "This person is guilty no matter what they say".

If maybe in your past you did what you were talking about and got 'Dmca'd' that's your own fault mate but no one wants to hear you try to put down another based on your so called 'advice'.

I hope you become more enlightened to your mistakes after reading this. Thanks!

P.s I called Hayel 'she' because that the impression i got. i don't know their gender so read it with whichever pronoun you want.
Thank you both for supporting me. And yeah I am a girl.
indoneko wrote:
Hayel wrote:Thank you for appreciating my work and again I say IT IS NOT TRACING. It is just like how I do tarditional art. I keep a reference besides me but I DON'T TRACE.
Pardon my curiousness, but since you said that it wasn't a tracing, can you elaborate the step by step you used in your redrawing process? I'm an artist myself, so your tips might be useful for me.
The black haired girl looks lovely. Is it your original character design for a game project?

I would like to answer that through a pm if you don't mind. :wink:

As for the others who think the examples are invalid since they are from the anime and stuff I would change the examples and add new ones so that it doesn't raise a ruckus again.

andrewngn13
Regular
Projects: Recast

#14 Post by andrewngn13 »

What concerns me is that you yourself state that there should be differences between the original and yours due to a side by side comparison drawing technique for the Nisekoi picture.

This begs the question, why aren't there any? Sure there is admittedly a bit of hair that is colored in. But when you make the fanart the same size as the original, there is almost no difference. This fact is exacerberated by the way that they are different sizes, yet the lineart is perfectly proportional.

You claim you didn't trace, but it should simply be impossible to precisely transcribe line for line an artpiece without aforementioned tracing or grids. Are you saying that you're skilled enough to replicate art by just looking at it?
"Feel feel to idea-bounce off me."
No, like seriously, just send a pm and I'll respond what I think. I'm open to reading anything.

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by indoneko »

Hayel wrote:
indoneko wrote:

I would like to answer that through a pm if you don't mind. :wink:
Eh? why? :lol:
I don't mind communicating via PM, especially for private matters. Send it whenever you're ready. 8)

But are you sure with this? Other forum members might deemed it suspicious if you're only sharing your stuff with me. Perhaps at least you could share your DA/pixiv with them? (this is just a suggestion though... the choice is yours...)
As for the others who think the examples are invalid since they are from the anime and stuff I would change the examples and add new ones so that it doesn't raise a ruckus again.
It's good to share more recent art samples to show your skill... but if I may offer an alternative, how about taking a special "art request"? (or doing an art duel, if there's any artist here who's up to the challenge). If you could deliver a satisfying result, everyone will eventually stop complaining about your artworks...