[FREE] Anime CG Artist!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
tamacitas
Regular

Re: [FREE] Anime CG Artist!

#16 Post by tamacitas »

now here, girl. rather than letting these people complain your "traced" fanart (and YES. I believe it's traced since it's digital art), how about if you edit this thread and post samples of your drawings which are NOT fanarts like the one you post in the comments? o3o

there. I give you a solution. but it seems that I don't read this:
[quote=Hazel] I would change the examples and add new ones so that it doesn't raise a ruckus again.[/quote]
what a better idea.

and, regarding this:
[quote=Hazel][quote=indoneko]Do you have DeviantArt/Pixiv account? I'd like to see more of your drawings.[/quote]
I would like to answer that through a pm if you don't mind. :wink:[/quote]

it sure IS suspicious since you reply it PRIVATELY. why won't you share it to us? o3o I mean it also counts as a portfolio~

Ringei
Regular
Projects: Wish Upon A Star- A Visual Novel
Organization: Kamisama Visuals

#17 Post by Ringei »

Hey hey now everyone stop being so rude to her! I know her personally and I know that she never traces out anything. I know how capable she is. Just pushing her to a corner won't do. Things could be explained by being nice to her to rather than being harsh on her and proving that SHE IS WRONG AND NOTHING IN THE SEVEN PITS OF HELL COULD CHANGE THAT! I am not against anyone's criticism. It's just that being this rude to her is driving me mad.
As far as her drawing is concerned I am sure her updated art would be even nicer!

Remember that pytom says be nice to Everyone!

RotGtIE
Veteran

#18 Post by RotGtIE »

There is nothing rude or presumptuous about the concerns being brought up in this thread. The illustration in question bears the hallmarks of being traced beyond the point of reasonable doubt and andrewngn13 has presented sufficient evidence to prove it.

You should take Taosym's advice. Stop doing this while you are still obscure and unknown enough to put it behind you. As it stands, I would never make any offers to someone whose first demonstration turned out to be such a carbon copy of a screenshot from a commercial work. From that point forward, you don't have the credibility to put up another example of "your" work - I never watched Nisekoi and didn't know there was a screenshot out there which you replicated. I have no reason to expect that I will know whether the next illustration you present will be any different. What I do know, as a commissioner, is that it is my money and/or my time which is on the line, and rather than bother with the trouble of vetting your work after one screw-up like this, I could just go back to the main board and skip your listing to look into the next.

Frankly, most people won't even bother stopping to tell you before they do just that.

Ryuno
Regular
Completed: tuesday
Soundcloud: ryunocore

#19 Post by Ryuno »

Not taking credit for this, someone in another community discussing did it, but yeah.

Trolling or ill-intent, I hope mods lock this soon.
Attachments
1473634983279.gif
1473634983279.gif (298.18 KiB) Viewed 2260 times

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by indoneko »

@Ryuno : Eh? is that taken from a manga? What's the title?
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Ryuno
Regular
Completed: tuesday
Soundcloud: ryunocore

#21 Post by Ryuno »

indoneko wrote:@Ryuno : Eh? is that taken from a manga? What's the title?
The source is NouCome (Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Rabu Kome o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru)

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by indoneko »

@Ryuno : Thanks for the info :3

@Hayel : So, miss Hayel... any explanation about this? :cry:
That black haired girl character was your reply to my inquiry about your original character, and you even claimed that it was not taken from anime.

@Ringei : You said that you know Hayel personally. So, what's your comment about this "discovery" ?

-----

Curious about that pic, I also tried some googling... and found many similar pics on DA (all of them were coloring practices). They were made by using a lineart provided by someone named Mystical dust.
Attachments
a lineart of Seira Kokubyakuin that I found somewhere in DeviantArt
a lineart of Seira Kokubyakuin that I found somewhere in DeviantArt
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

RotGtIE
Veteran

#23 Post by RotGtIE »

I would like to echo indoneko's sentiments to other users in this thread who have leveled accusations of rudeness against Hayel's critics. Taosym in particular is owed at least a couple of apologies.

Disgraceful.

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#24 Post by BáiYù »

I didn't plan to comment on this thread, but now that it's undoubtedly proven that OP is using extremely unkosher methods to produce art, I'd like to second RotGtIE's words. Taosym provided very helpful advice but other forum members interpreted his posts as an attack, and to add insult to injury, OP provided a "sample" of her "original work" (which was another copied work). If that doesn't reek of BS then I don't know what does.

The only thing OP can do now to save face is to change her services to advertise herself as a free colorist, though I'd like to remind all that the majority of those "free lineart" dA groups are probably also traces from other sources and thus still very illegal to use. If OP still wants to try and draw CGs, there are plenty of resources at this thread to learn proper drawing techniques.

P.S. I'm surprised no one has asked what "yori" is. It's yuri lol
Games and supplementary Ren'Py codes

dfbreezy
Regular
Completed: Episicava, Analistica Academy.
Projects: Rainbow dreams, ADV Tale, A Noble Conquest.
Organization: Epicworks
Deviantart: Epic-works
Soundcloud: Epic_Works
itch: epic-works

#25 Post by dfbreezy »

With the light of this new revelation, i do agree that i need to apologize to Taosym for reprimanding his/her claim. For that i sincerely apologize. But if you noticed i was complaining about his/her method rather than the claim itself. But that's irrelevant now.

So Taosym, i do apologize for using some unsavory words to counter your claims but please structure them properly next time.

Thanks!
ImageImage ImageImage

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#26 Post by Taleweaver »

While a thread in our "I am an artist" forum is certainly the right place to discuss the respective artist's work, it is not a place for a discussion about whether tracing is acceptable or not.

OP says she doesn't trace, others say she does. None of this matters. We have no forum rules against tracing, so even if the art advertised here was the result of tracing, that wouldn't be a breach of rules.

We also have a rule saying that we encourage public discussion. Most of what is happening in this thread is public discussion, though some of it probably not in the right place. "These pics look traced" is perfectly fine for a thread on the artist's works. "Tracing is morally wrong" is off-topic and belongs in the "Asset Creation: Art" forum. "Tracing is wrong and you are a liar" is just not acceptable.

That much said, please keep this thread civil.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

RotGtIE
Veteran

#27 Post by RotGtIE »

Taleweaver wrote:None of this matters. We have no forum rules against tracing, so even if the art advertised here was the result of tracing, that wouldn't be a breach of rules.
That is insane.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#28 Post by Taleweaver »

RotGtIE wrote:That is insane.
And that is not what I call civil.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

dfbreezy
Regular
Completed: Episicava, Analistica Academy.
Projects: Rainbow dreams, ADV Tale, A Noble Conquest.
Organization: Epicworks
Deviantart: Epic-works
Soundcloud: Epic_Works
itch: epic-works

#29 Post by dfbreezy »

RotGtIE wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:None of this matters. We have no forum rules against tracing, so even if the art advertised here was the result of tracing, that wouldn't be a breach of rules.
That is insane.
That was quite uncalled for RotGIE. From the way I've come to see you, your more collected and level-headed than that. Please relax with your sharp words since you could've structured that much better.
ImageImage ImageImage

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#30 Post by NialGrenville »

I would have to agree with RotGtIE. This is a quite dangerous subject.
The laws on intellectual property are as followed:
Infringement of any copyrighted material is punishable by law. Works such as paintings, writing, architecture, movies, software, photos, dance, and music are protected by federal copyright law.
The only way that these would be legal is as practice. If a unfortunate soul that can't tell the difference decides to use these. They can, as stated by Taosym, be sued to the next planet. We aren't necessarily being uncivil (Not including a few rude remarks, you could've been a lot more tame in your wording RoTGtIE). We're trying to save face of some projects/people in the community. There is not ill intent. If she did discuss this as a "Practice" or "Trace" rather than posing it as a real factual production. It would be much safer for every party involved.

But this doesn't even meet the fair use criteria:
Has the material you have taken from the original work been transformed by adding new expression or meaning? Was value added to the original by creating new information, new aesthetics, new insights, and understandings?
I do agree some of the posts are aggressive, but the "morally wrong" isn't being discussed. It's legally wrong to pose it as it is posed here.
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique