Rosebullet's Garage. [Logos, GUIs] [$5 wildcard logos]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Rosebullet

Rosebullet's Garage. [Logos, GUIs] [$5 wildcard logos]

#1 Post by Rosebullet »

Will be doing something special this weekend~~~ Wildcard logos are going out for as low as $5~~~
So what's the catch?
These logos are not alterable in any way, no revisions or drafts, what you get is what you get~
Thus, the name wildcard.

But even so, with $5 you will get the same files as a usual logo commission. Just tell me about your game, or give me a theme c:
and you will also get to pick at least 2 colours to incorporate into the logo.
but designs and everything else is up to me~~~

Wildcard events are for me to get out of my artist block and get inspired~

These will mostly just be standard logos, but it really depends on my inspiration and mood. >www<
So, for just $5, you'll get a logo for your game~ isn't that exciting?

Current slots -
1. Email order - Day of the dead
2.Email order - Butterfly Effect
3.Email order - 8bit Lover

To place an order, PM me here or email me at rosebull3t@gmail.com
[Please state whether your project is commercial; commercial games will have an extra fee of 15% of the total.]

A little bit about me, I have been doing graphic design as a professional for 6 years now C:
As an amateur, I've spent 10 years of practicing and polishing my skills. So I have a total of 16years experience in designing.

I've designed various game Logos/UIs/GUIs/HUDs for mobile games, Nintendo DS games, PS games and such.

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Last edited by Rosebullet on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Rosebullet

Re: Rosebullet's Garage. [Logos, GUIs, etc] [Fast working ti

#2 Post by Rosebullet »

Two studio logos and two game logos of the day >wwwww<

Rosebullet

Re: Rosebullet's Garage. [Logos, GUIs] [$5 wildcard logos]

#3 Post by Rosebullet »

Updated with more GUI samples, logo samples and come get your wildcard logos~~ only 7 spot left~!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#4 Post by potouto »

Excuse me, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe it to be justified in this case. While looking through your body of work, I've noticed some undeniable similarities between by my own works and other people's design - works which were completed at earlier dates than yours - and am not alone in seeing this connections. You claim to have sixteen years of experience but I must ask, how much of that is actually original work?

For example, your Pastel Dream GUI is incredibly similar to my Sleepier & Sleepier GUI which was posted four months ago. While your Haze Gaze GUI draws heavily from Persona 4 GUI. Your Target 00 is quite similar to Queen's Crown old GUI in certain screens. Feline logo is similar to this Witcher logo here. And your Alchemist Mayonnaise takes quite of a similar approach compare to Ascendant Hearts logo.

I should be flattered at how my work inspires others with only three years of hobbyist experience but it's a fine line between inspiration and knock-off - especially when my creativity is sapped to put out original, quality content and then somebody abuses that by reiterating it with minor changes. In a creative community such as this, shouldn't the focus be on "creativity" and not "remixing the work of others"? Especially given you have the gall to charge for "ideas" that can be almost inseparable from the original designs that inspired you.

I do hope you're willing to explain yourself and perhaps even put some of that creativity you're bound to have learnt about in all those years of graphic design to use for once.

yeah well | commission | website

Rosebullet

#5 Post by Rosebullet »

potouto wrote:Excuse me, I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I believe it to be justified in this case. While looking through your body of work, I've noticed some undeniable similarities between by my own works and other people's design - works which were completed at earlier dates than yours - and am not alone in seeing this connections. You claim to have sixteen years of experience but I must ask, how much of that is actually original work?

For example, your Pastel Dream GUI is incredibly similar to my Sleepier & Sleepier GUI which was posted four months ago. While your Haze Gaze GUI draws heavily from Persona 4 GUI. Your Target 00 is quite similar to Queen's Crown old GUI in certain screens. Feline logo is similar to this Witcher logo here. And your Alchemist Mayonnaise takes quite of a similar approach compare to Ascendant Hearts logo.

I should be flattered at how my work inspires others with only three years of hobbyist experience but it's a fine line between inspiration and knock-off - especially when my creativity is sapped to put out original, quality content and then somebody abuses that by reiterating it with minor changes. In a creative community such as this, shouldn't the focus be on "creativity" and not "remixing the work of others"? Especially given you have the gall to charge for "ideas" that can be almost inseparable from the original designs that inspired you. Even End of Time could propably look like any other scifi GUI but that doesn't mean I looked and got inspired by other works. These are my own ideas.

I do hope you're willing to explain yourself and perhaps even put some of that creativity you're bound to have learnt about in all those years of graphic design to use for once.
Hello, the logos were created without even having any prior knowledge to any of yours and I am sorry if you felt offended or in anyway violated. But our creative directions seemed to have similarity, [like the uses of strokes and layering.] but there weren't inspired or were they in anyway a knockoff from yours. for Pastel Dream GUI, I wanted a pastel and cute theme and that came for the product, I created that without looking at "Sleepier Sleepier" and I can honestly say that. There are just similar cause of the pastel theme, not design wise.

I have seen your thread and my favourite was the Wilder GUI, it's beautiful! And very nicely done! But other than the original post, I'm afraid I did not manage to browse the comment section, and it's the first I have seen Ascendent Hearts. If I really wanted to copy your work, couldn't it make sense to choose one that I found most appealing and interesting?

:) If you see them clearly could definitely tell they were more inspired by the sprites and theme itself than anything, the colour schemes and such. The black cell-shaded sprites of Gaze-Haze for example, were heavily inspired by the popping of blocks and striking contrast of colours. Alas, I have played Persona 4 before, but other than the base colour being similar, there is nothing else that is.
http://i.imgur.com/vHKsPpp.jpg < Example of Persona 4's GUI.

Again, I am sorry if you felt my designs are a knockoff to yours. I have nothing more but my words, and you have already pointed a finger at me, there is nothing I can say.
But please, review my designs carefully before calling them knockoffs or copies. I've spent time drafting, sketching each of them myself before creating them. 6 years and this is the first time being accused of plagiarisms in this degree, I am very shocked. I am sorry to all those that felt that way and apologized for not making myself clear.

I have feelings just like you :)

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#6 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

She did use her own designs, yet probably inspiration from your works and others. Even if it's similar, she is not using the same exact logo or GUI. Is that still considered ripping off of others people's work, that I'm not too sure since when you start somewhere you always learn from others/emulate similar style. Perhaps if she got the permission of artists then it would be alright...

For pastel dream, it makes sense she would have the same concept since the title does involve pastel colors. The person commissioning you both must have had similar concept?

Logos look completely different lol, different colors and all...
ImageImage

Atomic-Invasion
Regular
Projects: Short Story, Project BEAT
Tumblr: atomicinvasion
Deviantart: atomic-invasion

#7 Post by Atomic-Invasion »

I was going to do a comparison on all the materials in question but I accidentally closed that browser

So!

I think this is most likely a case of accidentally similar work, especially on Sleeper vs Pastel Dream, a quick to point color palette used is similar but element placement, texture and overall design is different. As for Persona, similar I guess is textbox header name colors.

If in some way a design takes a similar approach to another, experience and respect to other work is what will shine here. Usually clients will request a look and brought a reference that is closest to what he/she can imagine on what his project looks like. A designer will have to deliver the theme it shows that will not at all chase the design from the original but rather create a new one from the inspiration given to him. Because really, most of us were inspired of something to create something original, be it an element, a color, or a feeling.

And if people doesn't believe, we designers always have a source file to show :D

Rosebullet

#8 Post by Rosebullet »

@LadyofGatsby Thank you :)

@Atomic-Invasion Thank you for voicing out. It means a lot to me :D

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#9 Post by potouto »

@LadyofGatsby, @Atomic-Invasion: Thank for your insights on the matter! I'm trying to see if they are actually inspired by my works, which they already denied in their own answer.

Even if I disregard several similarities, they all match up too similarly for me to feel comfortable with their designs. If you can please take a look at sleepier & sleepier vs. Pastel Dream again if you can, both share similarities in colourisation, strokes, texture, elements and concept. And if they were indeed inspired then at least credit is needed so occasions like this won't arise.

And as to your individual points :0 Pastel Dream is clearly not commissioned work so there's definitely no proof that there is a client to take reference, OP themselves claimed they have never taken a proper look at my design before this. Also that they have done Pastel Dream without looking at Sleepier then proceeded to say they have never looked at my thread pass the first post, which coincidentally have Sleepier GUI design in the samples.

@Rosebullet: Let's just say I do believe that you indeed, not copied or 'took inspiration' from my work, I'll ignore the fact that you said you have seen Ascendant Hearts logo in the comment when I hotlinked the image to you. Can you please do me a favour and let me see your older works from around three years back with proper time and date? And if possible, links to the games you have designed for at least around that time to a year ago. I believe with your 16 years of experience you should have some released works for us to see? And in my opinion, they would work out better as examples if you wish to brush up your portfolios by using actual games.

yeah well | commission | website

Rosebullet

#10 Post by Rosebullet »

Hey there everyone,

I haven't managed to come back on the forum or work or anything for almost a year due to my accident. I had to be admitted in the hospital for some time and I just felt into a depression hole and couldn't get up.

Now I feel much better, much lighter and would love to help out with some work.
I am currently bedridden, so there isn't much I can do; which means there's alot of free time.

----------------

To answer potouto's question as well; I can't credit myself on some of the game designs due to contract issues and not retaining any IP rights anymore. I started to do freelancing cause I wanted to do projects in my own terms C: Pastel Dream was made with the idea and theme of sweet and dreamy and as a genre I could offer. I have visited your page, and find your designs amazing. When I saw how much varieties there were I wanted to do show some different genres that I could do as well.