I'm Starting New

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Message
Author
NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

I'm Starting New

#1 Post by NaSetsu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:44 pm

This is now an irrelevant post, you may read down below for your own entertainment but I'm starting anew. I made big mistakes as a commissioner which you will see and I'm now officially closing this. I'll come back soon though it may be awhile from now have a great day!
Last edited by NaSetsu on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheap Sprite Artist (For Hire!)

#2 Post by NaSetsu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:54 am

Updated with a show your work so that people know it's my work!

User avatar
mitoky
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie
Contact:

Re: Cheap Sprite Artist (For Hire!)

#3 Post by mitoky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:25 pm

First of all, I do not wish to start any kind of hating, so everyone who decided to write here: please stay civil! We can solve this friendly

I would like you to close your commission thread and take down the artwork because your artwork is traced. You shouldn't trace others artwork and claim is as your own or even worse, try to sell traced artwork.

As for prove, I couldnt find all the original images for all, but i found the original artwork from 2 out of the 3 pictures you showed on lemmasoft.
One of the original images are apparently from a phone game called "JEWEL SAVIOR GIRLS FOR CUT-IN!" amd the other is a card illustration for a social card game (since i speak no japanese, i dont know the name.)
Attachments
jsf_char_f119fff.png
015ffff.jpg

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheap Sprite Artist (For Hire!)

#4 Post by NaSetsu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:08 pm

mitoky wrote:First of all, I do not wish to start any kind of hating, so everyone who decided to write here: please stay civil! We can solve this friendly

I would like you to close your commission thread and take down the artwork because your artwork is traced. You shouldn't trace others artwork and claim is as your own or even worse, try to sell traced artwork.

As for prove, I couldnt find all the original images for all, but i found the original artwork from 2 out of the 3 pictures you showed on lemmasoft.
One of the original images are apparently from a phone game called "JEWEL SAVIOR GIRLS FOR CUT-IN!" amd the other is a card illustration for a social card game (since i speak no japanese, i dont know the name.)
I didn't even know those existed.. I'll take them down.. and remake them. Now I look like a bad person now how am I going to make money.. T_T

User avatar
MaiMai
Yandere
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble
Location: USA, Southern California
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#5 Post by MaiMai » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:51 pm

There's technically a lot of ways to make money, it doesn't have to be art believe it or not.

I gotta say that I'm disappointed. A lot of people, including myself gave you and your art the benefit of the doubt because you were very willing to to listen to advice and improve. That was a good step! People spent time and thought helping you out and gave encouragement. Now it just feels like we helped you make your tracing look better with nicer coloring and that time feels wasted.

If you really want to draw and love doing it, I wish you the best and hope you do everything you can to improve yourself and your art, I really do. If you're just trying to make quick money by selling cheap assets, please rethink your stance.

I hope you do like art and do what's best for yourself in the end.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

User avatar
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Posts: 15497
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom
Location: Kings Park, NY
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#6 Post by PyTom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm going to lock this thread, since the OP has told me they're leaving the forum, and I think the points have been made without this turning into a pileon.

EDIT: Unlocked per user request.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Cheap Sprite Artist (For Hire!)

#7 Post by NaSetsu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:20 pm

This whole post is now irrelevant, I proved my point and the people here have proved their points. There is nothing more to say on this situation, thank you for those who helped and caught me. And thank you for those who believe in me and for those who don't likewise. I will keep with my art style and my drawing that is all.
Last edited by NaSetsu on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MaiMai
Yandere
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble
Location: USA, Southern California
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#8 Post by MaiMai » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:00 pm

I did read your whole post, but I'm not gonna bother sifting through and addressing things point by point. I'm gonna be blunt, but civil.

If you want to have good enough artwork that people commission you, you need to put in hard work.

I don't care about you trying to prove your innocence, the best way to go about that instead of trying to write blocks of script like text to make a muddled point, is to actually apply yourself and practice drawing so you can improve. This takes time. It does not happen overnight as stated multiple times before. You cannot expect people to pay for the minimal amount of effort you've put into your work. That's not to say you haven't put in effort. That's a lot pencil sketches and you took the steps to try to improve your lines and coloring; it probably feels like you've worked really hard! But if you compare your work to the other sprite artists' offerings on this forum, can you truly say that you put in as much work as they have?

I started drawing seriously around 2007 with pencils, markers, and printer paper. Late 2009, I got a tablet and started doing more digital work. 2012-2013 was when people seriously asked me if I would take commissions because they wanted my art. And so, I've been doing a steady stream of commissions up until this day. It took 5-6 YEARS for me to get commissions and it was a long journey of having to improve myself, personal research, and learning from other artists and taking their advice. It might take other people less time than me to get work, but that doesn't mean they worked any less. It means they probably worked HARDER in a shorter amount of time!

My point? Stop making excuses. If you want to draw, do it. Please, DO make art if that's what you like to do! See what other people are buying here and think about how you can get your art up to that level where people will want to purchase from you and then practice! We have three stickied topics in the Art forum, for this very purpose, even information about commissions!

Art Learning Resources
Digital Art Tutorials
Greeny's Guide to Art Commissions
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#9 Post by NaSetsu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 pm

MaiMai wrote:I did read your whole post, but I'm not gonna bother sifting through and addressing things point by point. I'm gonna be blunt, but civil.

If you want to have good enough artwork that people commission you, you need to put in hard work.

I don't care about you trying to prove your innocence, the best way to go about that instead of trying to write blocks of script like text to make a muddled point, is to actually apply yourself and practice drawing so you can improve. This takes time. It does not happen overnight as stated multiple times before. You cannot expect people to pay for the minimal amount of effort you've put into your work. That's not to say you haven't put in effort. That's a lot pencil sketches and you took the steps to try to improve your lines and coloring; it probably feels like you've worked really hard! But if you compare your work to the other sprite artists' offerings on this forum, can you truly say that you put in as much work as they have?

I started drawing seriously around 2007 with pencils, markers, and printer paper. Late 2009, I got a tablet and started doing more digital work. 2012-2013 was when people seriously asked me if I would take commissions because they wanted my art. And so, I've been doing a steady stream of commissions up until this day. It took 5-6 YEARS for me to get commissions and it was a long journey of having to improve myself, personal research, and learning from other artists and taking their advice. It might take other people less time than me to get work, but that doesn't mean they worked any less. It means they probably worked HARDER in a shorter amount of time!

My point? Stop making excuses. If you want to draw, do it. Please, DO make art if that's what you like to do! See what other people are buying here and think about how you can get your art up to that level where people will want to purchase from you and then practice! We have three stickied topics in the Art forum, for this very purpose, even information about commissions!

Art Learning Resources
Digital Art Tutorials
Greeny's Guide to Art Commissions
I wasn't exactly trying to make excuses, sorry if it seemed that way and sorry if it seems I'm making an excuse right now. I just wanted to prove my innocence for my own cause, I think my art is good I guess you don't I can't say nothing about your opinion. Everyone has there opinion, I'll continue my art in my own forum thread and see what people think from there. Mitoky can help me and tell me if it looks good or similiar to other peoples art, as well as anyone willing to contribute. Once again sorry for sounding like and excuse maker, sorry for taking that art and I hope to be a better person for the future and that you will still help me to improve my art. As well as I apologize to the original makers of the art, and LWR because LWR was one that stuck with me even when everyone stopped giving me they're two cents. I will still draw and I will do as I please thank you MaiMai! :wink:

User avatar
mitoky
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#10 Post by mitoky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:33 pm

I have read through everything and i hope i got everything right (its a bit much to read and if i made a mistake, feel free to correct me! Also, everything said was not meant in any rude or offending way. )

So, first of all i would like to thank you for replying. I think there is a slight misunderstanding though. I never wanted you to completly go away or close everyhting down. As you stated, i wnat this to be solved civil and friendly, no hating.
In my opion the images where traced and the fact that the lines match up wont be changed. According to your defense, you say a friend did that and if its true or not the fact the images were traced is true.

Lets simply leave the fact thats its traced out, there is still a problem. The question stays: why did you then say that you made it? You tried to sell 'your' work when, in fact, it wanst wholely made by you. Dont get me wrong, if you have persimission from the friend thats ok. However, you are selling the work, a work not 100% by you and yet noweher did you state that. If i was a buyer, i would like to know this. Since i seek to commission the level in the artworks, what if your friend doenst provides artwork everytime and your art level differs?

You are very free to open commissions, however, the examples should be 100% made by you. If you use others parts you already fail as a potentional commissioner. When commissioned, you need to deliver a product based on the customers liking. Sometimes that pose change or small things so you need to be able to draw to do that. And for that the commissioner needs to see if you are able to do that and what your level is.

I dont know if you know this but (as far as my experience goes) a lot of artist, when young or when they maybe started out, traced at a point or another, be if for practice or whatever. So you don't have to feel bad that it happen but you need to simply know that it's wrong because traced artwork isn't your artwork and that you shouldnt do that.

I won't go looking around for other artwork to be traced because my point stays: you tried to sell traced artwork. The artwork you showed isnt to be sold so i wont look it up.

And you said yourself, "who is going to believe you now?" Thats what happens when you do soemthing wrong but that doenst means that you cant change.

Please do art. I wish to see you do art but in a honest way. Show that you can draw and that you mean what you say. Simply start anew and promise to not trace. Thats all!
People will look, especially when you sell things, if its traced. That will stay so for a while.
However, as you too said, if its honestly not traced you have nothing to fear. No one will blame you for no reason nor should they.

All in all, do not go. I do not wish to see you simply dissapear or give up, but start a new. You showed in the thread, you can ask for help. So why dont you start over completly?
Leave the commissioning out for now and focus on your art first.
You have no tablet and can only sketch traditionally for now, right? You said that your photos are 'bad' i quality and i know that things like these can make it hard to line/color it. However, there are ways to fix scans or photos to make them line-able etc. You said you use SAI, so ask for help with people who use it too and know maybe how to. I have seen tutorials before how to do that and personally know it a bit too, i dont mind showing you a tutorial or teaching you that.

Just, as MaiMai said, dont dissapoint the trust given in you. People are willing to spend their time to help you and expect nothing in return, so do it the right way and everything is fine. Prove them of what you can do, ok? And patience. Lots of patience. (:

That's all!
I wish you good luck and a nice day!
Last edited by mitoky on Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mitoky
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#11 Post by mitoky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:38 pm

NaSetsu wrote:I wasn't exactly trying to make excuses, sorry if it seemed that way and sorry if it seems I'm making an excuse right now. I just wanted to prove my innocence for my own cause, I think my art is good I guess you don't I can't say nothing about your opinion. Everyone has there opinion, I'll continue my art in my own forum thread and see what people think from there. Mitoky can help me and tell me if it looks good or similiar to other peoples art, as well as anyone willing to contribute. Once again sorry for sounding like and excuse maker, sorry for taking that art and I hope to be a better person for the future and that you will still help me to improve my art. As well as I apologize to the original makers of the art, and LWR because LWR was one that stuck with me even when everyone stopped giving me they're two cents. I will still draw and I will do as I please thank you MaiMai! :wink:
I just wanted to say that i wont go around and compare if something is similar/traced. I just wanted to say that artist can tell from first glace at times if something is traced without checking. And you can test it too (by giving you a specific task to draw etc)

The point is not if a character is similar nor should you make yourself "crazy" over that fact, fearing that is some character looks similar you instantly get blamed. The point is if the artwork is traced/copied and thats something completly diffrent. That's all.

User avatar
MaiMai
Yandere
Posts: 1757
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble
Location: USA, Southern California
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#12 Post by MaiMai » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Also don't write out whole roleplay like scripts, please. That's just awkward, especially when you were namedropping other users including myself.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#13 Post by NaSetsu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:50 pm

MaiMai wrote:Also don't write out whole roleplay like scripts, please. That's just awkward, especially when you were namedropping other users including myself.
Oh I apologize, I kinda found it as somewhat funny but I guess I can see how rude it is since I don't know the simplest thing about any of you. I will edit and get rid of the roleplay. And I guess I will link this thread to my new art thread when I get back to my computer.

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#14 Post by NaSetsu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:56 pm

mitoky wrote:
NaSetsu wrote:I wasn't exactly trying to make excuses, sorry if it seemed that way and sorry if it seems I'm making an excuse right now. I just wanted to prove my innocence for my own cause, I think my art is good I guess you don't I can't say nothing about your opinion. Everyone has there opinion, I'll continue my art in my own forum thread and see what people think from there. Mitoky can help me and tell me if it looks good or similiar to other peoples art, as well as anyone willing to contribute. Once again sorry for sounding like and excuse maker, sorry for taking that art and I hope to be a better person for the future and that you will still help me to improve my art. As well as I apologize to the original makers of the art, and LWR because LWR was one that stuck with me even when everyone stopped giving me they're two cents. I will still draw and I will do as I please thank you MaiMai! :wink:
I just wanted to say that i wont go around and compare if something is similar/traced. I just wanted to say that artist can tell from first glace at times if something is traced without checking. And you can test it too (by giving you a specific task to draw etc)

The point is not if a character is similar nor should you make yourself "crazy" over that fact, fearing that is some character looks similar you instantly get blamed. The point is if the artwork is traced/copied and thats something completly diffrent. That's all.

Okay and a big thanks to you for catching me before the original artist caught me and I got sued. I prefer this over me getting sued! So a big thanks to you and it's a about time for me to start from square one, well not exactly square one but somewhat square one. I do know how to draw and that art style is quite out of my lead, hopefully one day I'll get up to those skills. And please don't mind the roleplay I'm getting rid of it since MaiMai told me how offensive it was sorry about that!

NaSetsu
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Under Construction..

#15 Post by NaSetsu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:10 pm

mitoky wrote:I have read through everything and i hope i got everything right (its a bit much to read and if i made a mistake, feel free to correct me! Also, everything said was not meant in any rude or offending way. )

So, first of all i would like to thank you for replying. I think there is a slight misunderstanding though. I never wanted you to completly go away or close everyhting down. As you stated, i wnat this to be solved civil and friendly, no hating.
In my opion the images where traced and the fact that the lines match up wont be changed. According to your defense, you say a friend did that and if its true or not the fact the images were traced is true.

Lets simply leave the fact thats its traced out, there is still a problem. The question stays: why did you then say that you made it? You tried to sell 'your' work when, in fact, it wanst wholely made by you. Dont get me wrong, if you have persimission from the friend thats ok. However, you are selling the work, a work not 100% by you and yet noweher did you state that. If i was a buyer, i would like to know this. Since i seek to commission the level in the artworks, what if your friend doenst provides artwork everytime and your art level differs?

You are very free to open commissions, however, the examples should be 100% made by you. If you use others parts you already fail as a potentional commissioner. When commissioned, you need to deliver a product based on the customers liking. Sometimes that pose change or small things so you need to be able to draw to do that. And for that the commissioner needs to see if you are able to do that and what your level is.

I dont know if you know this but (as far as my experience goes) a lot of artist, when young or when they maybe started out, traced at a point or another, be if for practice or whatever. So you don't have to feel bad that it happen but you need to simply know that it's wrong because traced artwork isn't your artwork and that you shouldnt do that.

I won't go looking around for other artwork to be traced because my point stays: you tried to sell traced artwork. The artwork you showed isnt to be sold so i wont look it up.

And you said yourself, "who is going to believe you now?" Thats what happens when you do soemthing wrong but that doenst means that you cant change.

Please do art. I wish to see you do art but in a honest way. Show that you can draw and that you mean what you say. Simply start anew and promise to not trace. Thats all!
People will look, especially when you sell things, if its traced. That will stay so for a while.
However, as you too said, if its honestly not traced you have nothing to fear. No one will blame you for no reason nor should they.

All in all, do not go. I do not wish to see you simply dissapear or give up, but start a new. You showed in the thread, you can ask for help. So why dont you start over completly?
Leave the commissioning out for now and focus on your art first.
You have no tablet and can only sketch traditionally for now, right? You said that your photos are 'bad' i quality and i know that things like these can make it hard to line/color it. However, there are ways to fix scans or photos to make them line-able etc. You said you use SAI, so ask for help with people who use it too and know maybe how to. I have seen tutorials before how to do that and personally know it a bit too, i dont mind showing you a tutorial or teaching you that.

Just, as MaiMai said, dont dissapoint the trust given in you. People are willing to spend their time to help you and expect nothing in return, so do it the right way and everything is fine. Prove them of what you can do, ok? And patience. Lots of patience. (:

That's all!
I wish you good luck and a nice day!
Just read that and though I did get permission from that friend I see I already made one of the biggest mistakes that a professional commissioner should never make. Also what you said brought me to tears, I don't usually cry but yet I am crying as I am writing this. Everything you stated above is true, and you understanding my position as a traditional artist is also very touching to me. I will make a new post and link you to that or you can find it on your own and I look forward to every bit of criticism that you and other people will give me. Though I still will ask you to go easy on me, I understand I was in the wrong and being as though even if that friend made it and I tried to draw the same thing. It still is copying it and now I fully understand that, I won't do nothing further concerning the situation. And you never did really turn me away, it was my own will to turn away from art so that's not something you really have to bring up. From this point on I will not disappoint the trust given unto me and I hope everyone will forgive me for this terrible deed and that we can still be on good terms. Though I do know what I have done may or may not have given you a summary of who I am, I hope you will not put that first and as I continue on and you get to know me. That the old me can be overwritten with the new me as. That is all I have to say.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users