Painterly Background and Character Art

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

Painterly Background and Character Art

#1 Post by ketskari »

Hello,

I'm a digital painter. I specialize in background art and painterly character and sprite art--aside from this work here, I also have a more cutout style.
catacombsL.jpg

Portfolio here for more examples. For an example of a sprite with a small to medium range of expressions, I have this reference chart here that was used as a guide for the character's LiveComposites.

Price (Current Deal)
Haven't done commissions in a while, so first couple of pieces will be lower on the price spectrum.

If it's for a free game, I might consider doing one-two substantially discounted pieces, especially if it's for something that would be a useful for my portfolio (example: everyday interiors or forest type scenes right now.)

This message will change when the above deals longer apply.
Screenshot from one of my games with a texture effect overlaid on the background art.
Screenshot from one of my games with a texture effect overlaid on the background art.

Other things I can do:
* Correct anatomy of pre-existing sketches
* Colorize sketches/lineart
* Promotional art/paintings/posters
* Backgrounds with layers/foreground elements, etc.
* Matching your existing color palette and style (e.g., for background art)

Art trades
I occasionally take trades in lieu of payment. Usually I need sound (sfx, music, voiceover) or code (for Unity, not Ren'Py atm). The jobs I need are usually small, but I can still offer a discount on art for things like that. Rights trade must be equivalent, so exclusive rights for music = exclusive rights for art.
07.jpg
Rights
I always reserve the right to display artwork in my portfolio. Please specify if you would prefer I wait a certain period before displaying commissioned work.

PM or commenting here is fine. My contact info is on my website here.

More art:
06.jpg
TheEmpress.jpg
scyllast-night.jpg
--
I also work on my own visual novels. There's one linked in my signature.