.:Ammy's Art Gallery:.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: .:Ammy's Art Gallery:.

#16 Post by Aviala »

I was also stood up by Ammy - they approached me and we agreed that they'd do commissions for me. Up until that point they were very communicative and nice, but they never sent me the sketches that were promised.

I didn't pay yet so it's not a huge problem, I'll just find someone else or draw with myself, but I felt like I should comment here. I hope nothing bad happened!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there's no need to work on my commissions anymore in case you still read the forums. I'll find another way to get them done.

Arent
Regular

#17 Post by Arent »

Aviala wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 am I was also stood up by Ammy - they approached me and we agreed that they'd do commissions for me. Up until that point they were very communicative and nice, but they never sent me the sketches that were promised.

I didn't pay yet so it's not a huge problem, I'll just find someone else or draw with myself, but I felt like I should comment here. I hope nothing bad happened!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there's no need to work on my commissions anymore in case you still read the forums. I'll find another way to get them done.
May I ask when that was? Ammy made a very reliable impression on me. Up about ~1 month ago she delivered sketches very quickly & answered promptly. Just then, suddenly, she stopped communicating.

timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

#18 Post by timepatches »

Arent wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 am
Aviala wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 am I was also stood up by Ammy - they approached me and we agreed that they'd do commissions for me. Up until that point they were very communicative and nice, but they never sent me the sketches that were promised.

May I ask when that was? Ammy made a very reliable impression on me. Up about ~1 month ago she delivered sketches very quickly & answered promptly. Just then, suddenly, she stopped communicating.

You guys aren't alone. Ammy was working on a project for me as a character designer, until she went dark (which was at the same time, about a month ago). I haven't been able to reach them on any platform, and it doesn't look like they're active anywhere.
I agree with Arent, though, Ammy always left a very good impression on me. I can't help but feel like this is something out of their control.
(Unfortunately I did pay her already, so unless she resurfaces sometime soon I'm going to have to look into reversing that)
ImageImage Image

★☆ currently: DEMIDATO RELEASED MARCH 14 \ *°▽°* /
i appreciate honest critique!

Arent
Regular

#19 Post by Arent »

timepatches wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am I agree with Arent, though, Ammy always left a very good impression on me. I can't help but feel like this is something out of their control.
(Unfortunately I did pay her already, so unless she resurfaces sometime soon I'm going to have to look into reversing that)[/size]
That is very strange. So basically, she stopped replying to everyone at the same time.

She delivered a very beautiful sketch for me & I signed a contract with her to prevent exactly that from happening & split the payment.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#20 Post by Aviala »

Yes, it was at the same time for me as well. I had the same experience, very good communication until she just disappeared.

I hope she wasn't in an accident or anything like that, and that she'll come back eventually. It doesn't seem like she intended to disappear since she was communicative with everyone before she disappeared suddenly.

Arent
Regular

#21 Post by Arent »

timepatches wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 am I haven't been able to reach them on any platform, and it doesn't look like they're active anywhere.
I recently noticed that she lists her phone number on her "portfolio" page. Has anyone tried to call her?

https://danidsigner.wordpress.com

WHERE TO FIND ME

Rua Marechal Floriano Peixoto 333, apto. 302
Santa Maria – RS, Brazil

(55) 98115.0289 – danielledsigner@gmail.com

Infaerina

#22 Post by Infaerina »

I've not heard from her since the 7th of October. I'm less concerned about my art, more concerned for her well-being at this point.

I should add, last I heard from her she said a bad storm had taken out her power, but that she had solar to keep her phone running until the infrastructure could be restored. I am waiting on her, I'd prefer to work with her, but I may have to start looking again, as I am getting to a point where I will need to start assembling my assets.

Arent
Regular

#23 Post by Arent »

Infaerina wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 pm I've not heard from her since the 7th of October. I'm less concerned about my art, more concerned for her well-being at this point.

I should add, last I heard from her she said a bad storm had taken out her power, but that she had solar to keep her phone running until the infrastructure could be restored. I am waiting on her, I'd prefer to work with her, but I may have to start looking again, as I am getting to a point where I will need to start assembling my assets.
Then you were probably the last one with contact ;) I tried to phone her, but couldn't reach her. Meanwhile I commissioned two other artists. I just liked her style, that's why I would really have preferred her to do it.

OoAmmyoO
Completed: Rock Robin, Changeling (assistant)
Projects: Masada-Sensei, ReMix: Mixolys (working title)
itch: ammy.itch.io/

#24 Post by OoAmmyoO »

Hello everyone. Here is Ammy, I am back. I suppose I should begin with an apology first, for everyone involved. I have receipts, contacts and what was requested from every commission that was left back in 2017, and I will begin by contacting these as I can (for reimburse or some other agreement). As for why I suddenly disappeared...

Back in Octorber, 2017, a terrible storm hit the city where I live and we had a huge blackout. I was responsible back then for my younger sister, who was living and studying temporarily in my town for her university entrace exams. I left the house that day and took a bus to help her back home, because her classmate called me about her starting to have what seemed a panick attack in the bathroom. They were stuck inside of a building with no idea of how to get back (a lot of services, including transportation, were limited and they had no cash with them). So I was making my way there but midway (when it rains, it pours, apparently) the bus I was in got in a traffic accident. It just... Went full slide out of the road.

So everything seemed fine at first, even after all that. A lot of people just walked right out of the bus (me among them, thankfully) and I got my sister and her classmate to somewhere safe (I didn't even mention the accident immediately to her so she wouldn't get more stressed). It took me awhile to notice that something was wrong with my hand. The ache just didn't go and it started to swell. So I made some exams and I found out (and here you'll have to pardon me for my poor English if this is innaccurate, medical terms in another language are a really out of my expertise) that I had a fracture on my scaphoid. I never had a fracture, nor a surgery, so these were my first.

But the real fear to me back then, was that they told me that even with rehab there was a chance I wasn't goint to get my hand working as it was before. As a full time artist, I was *terrified*. But I couldn't let it show so much, not in front of my little sister who was depending on me... But when I went to a psychologist I just... Cried and cried. I tried to stay calm and smile when talking to people, but truth be told in the last two years I have been so afraid and frustrated, at trying to draw and... Just getting everything wrong and shaky. I guess this is the main reason why I didn't login in here for such a long time... I remember making and account and dreaming about drawing for games after finally graduating and there was a chance I just... Wouldn't. I couldn't look at something I dreamt about like through a glass and smile about it, I'm sorry for being silent. It just hurt too much.

My sister moved away now, her studies finished. She was accepted as a medicine student in a good university! I'm so proud of her. Now it's time to make her proud too. I have moved to a smaller apartment in a calmer place, with a beautiful space to take care of plants. Things are simpler, but so is paying the bills. I can take a little easier on my wrist like this, and now it has... Finally, started to show some decent improvement. Or maybe I just got used to how it moves now... Who knows?

So... I humbly ask for your apology. For everyone who was waiting for a reply from me, I'm terribly sorry for the distress I caused. For everyone who commissioned something I didn't deliver, I'll forward this message as soon as I can. Hopefully we can make amends, I can pay you back somehow, or we can have a new arrangement done.

For everyone else, I silently ask for nothing but a vote of confidence. I'll be once more accepting commissions, albeit few at a time at first, to test the waters. I'm confident I adapt from this, if I take one step at a time. The rules for commissions are the exact same as back then. I'll be working on my own personal projects when not working on commissions, and probably sharing a few them with you all.

Now... I know, a lot of tears. But I still have my pride. As an artist I'll make no mention or use of this to drop the quality of my work or to find customers. If you are reading this, commission me if you like my drawings and you wish to support my art, and not for pity. That will make me happy.

Thank you for your precious time. Have a marvelous day!

Ammy

Arent
Regular

#25 Post by Arent »

Wow, that's harsh. For an artist to injure their wrist that's really a nightmare. I hope you didn't lose all your ability, because I liked your black/white drawings quite a lot.

First of all thank you for clearing that up. I already feared that you got into some kind of accident. So, I'm happy you are still alive and well :) And let's be honest, the most important thing is to be healthy and have some friends and family. And from what you write, all that seems to be the case :mrgreen:

In the meantime, I had of course to commission someone else. In fact, I had to comission 5 people until I finally found someone who could draw my cover exactly as I envisioned it. But the resulting cover was great, so all the time and money paid off.

Right now I do not need anything, but if something comes up I might get back to you.

OoAmmyoO

#26 Post by OoAmmyoO »

Arent wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:59 pm Wow, that's harsh. For an artist to injure their wrist that's really a nightmare. I hope you didn't lose all your ability, because I liked your black/white drawings quite a lot.

First of all thank you for clearing that up. I already feared that you got into some kind of accident. So, I'm happy you are still alive and well :) And let's be honest, the most important thing is to be healthy and have some friends and family. And from what you write, all that seems to be the case :mrgreen:

In the meantime, I had of course to commission someone else. In fact, I had to comission 5 people until I finally found someone who could draw my cover exactly as I envisioned it. But the resulting cover was great, so all the time and money paid off.

Right now I do not need anything, but if something comes up I might get back to you.
Thank you for your kind words and support Arent. I'm happy to hear your project is alright. Does it has a webpage yet? Please let me know so I can follow your progress. I would love to see the world you described to me solidified, and others' views on it. (Unsure of how much is safe to talk about here because this is a public space)

I'm not 100% yet to be fair. I may still make a full recovery if I keep my treatment for a long period though, so I've been really careful to follow through with it. It was hard at first because I had to work *somehow* but... Well, deciding to move made things a little easier. Also... I've learnt a lot from the experience, as stressfull and dark as it was, though I sure don't wish that upon anyone.

I received an e-mail for a comission already and I intend to follow it to the best of my ability. I'll update it here once I am sure it is okay to show it. I'll also update the main post soon. *sigh* I'm afraid I've been setting online social medias for work, renovating my apartment and finishing illustrations at the same time. I hope, if someone else whom I didn't contact yet is reading this as well that they can forgive me for not delivering a personal apology yet. Life is being very demanding of my time right now since I just moved, and yet I don't want to send a short impersonal paragraph apology e-mail... I feel conflicted about it. I hope expressing my own sincere frustration at it here will sufice (for now).

Arent
Regular

#27 Post by Arent »

OoAmmyoO wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:03 am Thank you for your kind words and support Arent. I'm happy to hear your project is alright. Does it has a webpage yet? Please let me know so I can follow your progress. I would love to see the world you described to me solidified, and others' views on it. (Unsure of how much is safe to talk about here because this is a public space)
Well, the book has been published. It's in German, though, so you probably can't read it - which is a shame, because I consider it very funny and charming. I did upload some wallpapers & background stuff, which is publicly available:

https://art.alphacoders.com/arts/view/116216

OoAmmyoO wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:03 amI'm not 100% yet to be fair. I may still make a full recovery if I keep my treatment for a long period though, so I've been really careful to follow through with it.
Aww, that's bad to hear. I still remember your initial sketch, which I used to explain the other artists what I wanted:

As you can see from the picture, we did away with the tree in the background, but kept your design of the flag.

OoAmmyoO

#28 Post by OoAmmyoO »

Well, it is certainly on my list of languages I wish to learn. Not now, but at some point I am sure I will be able to read it! That's a lovely view on my initial concept, I really like the gentle colors. It fells warm and happy, which was something I really wanted to bring forth. :3 Thank you for sharing.

Good luck with your book...! Let us know how it's been received by the public. If it ends up here somehow, well, I'll make sure to have a copy hahaha. ^^