Sprite Artist for Hire! [CLOSED FOR NOW]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Hoyuu
Regular

Sprite Artist for Hire! [CLOSED FOR NOW]

#1 Post by Hoyuu »

Hello guys! I've recently decided to open comissions, and I already did a couple of chibi ones. I'm interested in expanding my portfolio, so right now my prices are lower than normal, but I pretend to raise them some time in the future. If you are interested in character sprites for your visual novel or chibis, better ask now while it's cheap! All sprites will come with 4 expressions, (neutral, happy, angry, sad), addional expressions will add $1 to the base price per new expression.
I'll be offering two slots for now, and all my prices are in usd.

Sprites:

Full Body: $15
Thights Up: $10
Bust Up: $7
Face Shot: $5
Chibi: $6.50 per chibi

Samples:

(WIP)

I don't really have many samples at the moment, but if you want to see more examples of my art, feel free to check my Deviantart: bitemeep

Feel free to send me a PM or contact me on Discord: meep#2366 if interested, or if you just want to ask questions. Thanks for viewing my topic and have a nice day!

Azura
Regular
Completed: Astrum Dare
Projects: Chromatose
Soundcloud: azuranyan

Re: Sprite Artist for Hire! [CLOSED FOR NOW]

#2 Post by Azura »

It is unfortunate for me to say, but I have officially been stiffed by this artist. I commissioned Hoyuu (also known as meep and bitemeep) for 4 full-body sprites for my VN and paid her on 10/27/2017. She was working on the sprites and communicating frequently with me, giving updates and sketches/progress, until her last message on 12/25/2017. In that message she let me know that she had finished the last of the lineart, but she never sent it.

Ever since 12/25, she has cut off all communication. I made 5 attempts to contact her and got no response, so I filed a PayPal dispute on 2/06/2018. She has not responded to any of my messages or to the dispute.

She has not communicated with me whatsoever for almost 2 months now. She has also not refunded my money. I would highly advise that anyone considering commissioning her not take the risk.

My last hope is that she will see this post and make an attempt at resolution. I would be happy to try to reach an understanding with her if she contacts me.

CaptainSecretFire

Re: Sprite Artist for Hire! [CLOSED FOR NOW]

#3 Post by CaptainSecretFire »

Azura wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 pm It is unfortunate for me to say, but I have officially been stiffed by this artist. I commissioned Hoyuu (also known as meep and bitemeep) for 4 full-body sprites for my VN and paid her on 10/27/2017. She was working on the sprites and communicating frequently with me, giving updates and sketches/progress, until her last message on 12/25/2017. In that message she let me know that she had finished the last of the lineart, but she never sent it.

Ever since 12/25, she has cut off all communication. I made 5 attempts to contact her and got no response, so I filed a PayPal dispute on 2/06/2018. She has not responded to any of my messages or to the dispute.

She has not communicated with me whatsoever for almost 2 months now. She has also not refunded my money. I would highly advise that anyone considering commissioning her not take the risk.

My last hope is that she will see this post and make an attempt at resolution. I would be happy to try to reach an understanding with her if she contacts me.
Sadly, I have had almost the exact same experience. I commissioned 3 full body sprites on October 20th (and paid half upfront that day, as agreed) and was receiving updates and frequent (though in retrospect, slowly dwindling) communication until just after Christmas. The line art of one sprite was fully finished, and the last I heard from her so were the sketches of others (though I did not see them).

I've made several attempts to contact her, to absolutely no avail. It's honestly frustrating but the fact that she's dropped off the face of the earth for more people than just myself is concerning in a couple of ways. I really hope she is okay and that nothing bad has happened, first and foremost! Hope you're alright Hoyuu, and that you let us know what is going on.