[OPEN!] FREE cute/stylized CG + sprite art!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
salamango
Tumblr: magicdew
Deviantart: kateshoe444

[OPEN!] FREE cute/stylized CG + sprite art!

#1 Post by salamango »

Hello Lemmasoft pals! I've recently resurrected from an artistic dry spell and my workload for school has become much lighter, and I'm looking to jump on board for a small project!
I'm looking for relatively small non-commercial projects, ideally with writing/story aspects already complete (but not a requirement). I've worked on projects in the past that either ended up falling through due to other commitments on both parties' sides or because the project ended up being too wide in scope for me to realistically accomplish. I'd love to have my first completed collab under my belt, and am open to a wide variety of genres and stories to do art for.
I have a flexible style ranging from a huggably cute anime-cartoonish blend (I draw this one the fastest) to a more grown-up bishounen/bishoujo Otomate-ish kind of thing [see examples for more clarity lol]. When drawing for fun I tend to draw boys more often than girls, but both are pretty much equally doable for me. My characters tend to turn out at least a little cute even when I'm not trying to make them like that, so I guess that's part of my natural aesthetic. I love drawing for otome and romance-oriented games most of all, both lighthearted and with darker undertones.
Usually, I will not draw background art or full-body sprites with particularly complex character designs, since those take me forever to draw, but waist-up sprites of any complexity are OK. CGs are also OK!
Contact me via email at kate.schumacher@gmail.com if you're interested and I'll get back to you ASAP. I'm open to lots of story ideas, so don't be shy :mrgreen:

EXAMPLES:
My webcomic, Bloodless (read it here on Webtoon), about sexy robot shenanigans and existential angst (coming soon). Here I use my more grown-up style.
Some character drawings:
example of my most recent cutesy style:
(following pics are kinda old, my style has improved)
some sprite examples:
ImageImage
For more art examples, check my instagram @katekat25 or deviantart page @kateshoe444 (although nearly all of the art on my deviantart is outdated)

I look forward to working with everyone again! :D
Last edited by salamango on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

salamango
Tumblr: magicdew
Deviantart: kateshoe444

Re: [OPEN!] FREE CG/sprite art (cute/attractive/stylized chars, see examples)

#2 Post by salamango »

Update: posted inline images instead of links for easier viewing.

Banya
Regular
Completed: Deep Inside, KOI, ROAR, Dreamquartz, YOLO
Projects: Emerald Wasp
Deviantart: Banya-Laplace-Studio
itch: banya

Re: [OPEN!] FREE cute/stylized CG + sprite art!

#3 Post by Banya »

Sent you an email!

luvl12
Projects: Life in Helsinki

#4 Post by luvl12 »

I keep on clicking on your thread, but I have no project :( however, you may hear from me in the future if I can make a basic story plan. I do like your art style and think it's really unique for a visual novel. Would love to see more of the bisshoujo stuff too!

nextgen
Projects: Forgotten Legacy
Organization: Gemini Productions

#5 Post by nextgen »

I would love to take you up on the art offer friend, may i PM you some details we can discuss ?

nanna4673
Regular
Completed: A Question Of Normalcy
Projects: Magari
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673
itch: nanna4673

#6 Post by nanna4673 »

Heyo! I'm currently preparing for NaNoReno and while I have a sprite artist I am in need of some CG's if you're interested in helping out!^^ Please let me know if you're interested! I cannot really start work on the VN before March, but here's a bit of the idea I'm going to be working with:

The game is going to be a slice of life visual novel with a little bit of a supernatural element. The story is about two characters, a woman and a guy who somehow gets stuck between two streetlights on a road. No matter what they do then can't seem to escape, so they end up just sitting and talking. The game will mostly consist of these two characters' flashbacks as they tell tales from their past. The interesting thing about the game is that you get to decide what the characters chose to do in the past and that way also affect their futures.

I really like your cartoonish, also kinda sketchy art style and I think it will work well with the sprite artist's work^^
Finished projects:
A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Magari - Contemporary, Slice of life, Romance VN for NaNoRenO 2019: https://nanna4673.itch.io/magari

Older projects:
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810