High Quality Background Art for $35 [OPEN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
qs2435
Tumblr: qs2435
Deviantart: qs2435

Re: Background Art [OPEN $35]

#31 Post by qs2435 »

Milkymalk wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:24 pm Your artwork is incredible, I'm bookmarking you for future consideration (when I actually need backgrounds). Are you able to make (pseudo-)historic or fantasy world backgrounds too?
As long it's imaginable, I think I can. You can send me some references to make sure :D

Jsolis94

#32 Post by Jsolis94 »

We are interested in possibly bringing your skills on board to our visual novel project.
If you are interested.
Please send us an email at sunrivierastudios@gmail.com
Thank you!

Suru
Regular

#33 Post by Suru »

I need to mention this more out of good conscience toward others considering this artist. I ordered artwork several weeks ago, (I paid some money up front) and have asked for nothing more than basic information on the stasis (something I do with all open commissions when I have them at least once a month just to see where progress is). The artist has looked at and ignored several of these requests over multiple weeks, these included both PM's here on lemma soft forums (which I know were seen as they are not in my outbox), emails, and now a paypal message.

I don't want anyone else to offer this artist money given this circumstance, so I leave this here as a warning to any other potential customers. A real pity as I had really been hoping to hire them on a more regular basis.

Suru
Regular

#34 Post by Suru »

I would like to note that I have (since my previous comment) received a refund of the money I'd put down.

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

#35 Post by Milkymalk »

Suru wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am I would like to note that I have (since my previous comment) received a refund of the money I'd put down.
Were you given any reasonable excuses?

I know sometimes, people take more commissions than they can handle at once and burn out briefly. I experienced this once myself.
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)

qs2435

#36 Post by qs2435 »

Milkymalk wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:20 pm
Suru wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:37 am I would like to note that I have (since my previous comment) received a refund of the money I'd put down.
Were you given any reasonable excuses?

I know sometimes, people take more commissions than they can handle at once and burn out briefly. I experienced this once myself.
My current circumstance make me can't finish it, so I refund Suru's money $15, and the issue resolved

godman85
Regular
Organization: Black Sands Entertainment

#37 Post by godman85 »

Received refund after failed job. Honorable end.
Last edited by godman85 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

qs2435

#38 Post by qs2435 »

I'm sorry thought the deadline was more longer, I'm willing to FULL REFUND your money, sent you a pm

qs2435

Re: Background Art [OPEN $50]

#39 Post by qs2435 »

Updated rate and Portfolio.
Also I have refunded all buyer who hasn't receive any background art from me. If you feel you hired me and haven't receive any update/background, please pm me, I will give full refund.

DollhouseRose
Regular
Completed: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Projects: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Organization: Delphinium Interactive
itch: tidalblossoms

#40 Post by DollhouseRose »

Commissioned some artwork from Ari and was thoroughly impressed by the quality of their work. When the piece was done, I returned with some feedback on the BG from playtesters and Ari corrected the issues free of charge! If you need work done by a certain time, request the deadline beforehand to make sure things will be finished on time, as Ari took longer than my other artists to make sure the work was perfect and detailed. Waiting for quality work (when it works for your scheduling needs) with Ari is very worth it. The bedroom background in Tidal Blossoms has received many compliments on its style and attention to detail.
DamonBedroom.jpg
Later, I requested a night version, so we added ceiling lights that could be on or off for night scenes.
DamonBedroomNight.jpg

GlitchyReal
IRC Nick: GlitchyReal
Deviantart: GlitchyReal

#41 Post by GlitchyReal »

Edit: Sent an email and a PM! I hope you’re doing alright in this global crisis.

I'm currently scouting out artists for a series of backgrounds. I really like your work! Are your commissions still open?
I'm a writer first, artist second, and a programmer... somewhere else. (I'm learning!)

Check out my work here!
http://www.DeviantArt.com/GlitchyReal

Support my work here!
http://www.Patreon.com/GlitchyReal

qs2435

#42 Post by qs2435 »

I just updated with new portfolio sample for interior backgrounds, and updated the rate too!

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Re: Background Art [OPEN $60]

#43 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

I will send you a PM either tonight or tomorrow! Your work is amazing

EDIT: Just shot you an email!
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Centicerise

Re: Background Art [OPEN]

#44 Post by Centicerise »

Ariangga was our background artist for Fallstreak: Requiem for my Homeland, which had a lot of background variations and intensive specs to be met. Though we didn't have any strict deadlines, the iterative process and delivery was a tad on the slow side-- however, the quality was very much top notch and worth the wait. Ultimately we ended up with background art essential to evoking the sci-fi/apocalyptic world of our story, and we're very happy with the end product.

I'd recommend Ariangga for excellent quality backgrounds, preferably if your time constraints are on the lax side.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

Re: Background Art [OPEN]

#45 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Currently working with qs on a project. Amazing art and a very communicative artist! Could not recommend enough
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.