Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:10 pm
- Completed: Clockwork City
- Tumblr: badrielart
- Deviantart: badriel
I'm Badriel and I make background art.
Here are some examples of my works:
I also make animated, looped backgrounds, and some other animations. You can see them here:
All prices are in USD.
40-150$ per background depending on the complexity
- 40$ - waterscapes, skies, very simple rooms
- 60$ - simple indoor scenes,
- 80$ - regular rooms and locations, outdoor scenes
- 100$ - complex rooms, nature environments
- 120$ - city streets, shops, etc.
- 150$ - very complex cityscapes, very complex malls, etc.
- 10-20$ - daytime and weather changes
- Other changes and edits depend on the bg and the type of edit
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 am
- Completed: Check Signature!
- Projects: Check Signature!
- Organization: Seraphim Entertainment
- Tumblr: thebunnyofevil
Okay so I 100% recommend commissioning Badriel for any project you have! He has done PHENOMENAL work on my games (Seduce Me, Remember Remember, etc) and working with him is very pleasant, especially going back and forth on ideas to enhance your backgrounds! He is quick on delivery and on maintaining updates for you so you are never left in the dark!
But don't just take it on my word. Hire him and figure out how cool he is yourself!
Voice Actress | Singer | Writer | Producer | Director
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember
Projects Still In Production: All For You
- Posts: 398
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm
- Completed: 23 games so far
- Projects: Furry Shakespeare
- Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development
- Location: Bay Area, CA
Yes, I second that. They are a great artist.
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 am
- Projects: Writing the story for a VN that questions the line between man and machine and what it means to love someone.
- Location: United States
How much extra do you charge for animated backgrounds? I think animated ones would bring more life to my visual novel than static ones
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:01 pm
I didn't want to do this, but it's been a month now without a word from Badriel. Yet another background artist that ghosts me. Yet another background artist that disrespects my work, possibly putting me months behind schedule. The work he did complete for me is stellar, but I can't ever recommend working with someone who randomly disappears without a word for a month or more. Even if he returns, I refuse to contract him for any more work unless there's a highly legitimate reason for his disappearance (and lack of communication).
All I needed was one line telling me to find another BG artist. I didn't get that, and was left hanging in the dark. This despite Badriel being aware of my personal deadlines. I find it extremely unprofessional. Don't take the risk, guys. It's not worth it.
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 am
- Projects: Tokyo Re:Connect
- Organization: KONEKO
- Tumblr: konekosoft
- itch: konekosoft
- Location: Japan
Same here ^
We can't contact this BG artist for 2 months. Completely disappeared without a word!
We do not recommend working with him!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users