ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist [CLOSED]

#1 Post by foleso »

Hey there! I'm Foleso, a UI artist. I'm always looking for interesting projects to work on ❤

(Click to view specific examples for each)

Image Image
Image Image

I can also code any of the above (including animations and effects) in a translation-friendly
and accessible way for the following engines:
  • Renpy
  • Visual Novel Maker
  • Naninovel (Unity plugin)

Error Kinetica

Enamored Risks

View all User Interfaces

Image Image

Image Image

View all Logos

Standard Set: $175
  • Main Menu
  • Textbox
  • Preferences
  • Choices
  • Yes/No
  • Save/Load
Extended Set: $235
  • Standard Set
  • History
  • Gallery
  • Music Box
New! Renpy Kit: $295
  • Extended Set
  • Credits Screen
  • Full Renpy Coding
Note: Renpy Kit includes 2 maximum revisions (additional revisions will be $10 each) and minimal animations.

Extra screens: $35/each
Coding: $25/per screen

Graphic Template: $25
Additional edits on this template will be $5/each.
E.g: 5 Character bios = $25 + ($5 x 5) = $50

Kickstarter Set: $250
  • Headers
  • Character profiles
  • Budget
  • Stretch goals (regular, locked, and achieved versions)
  • Reward Tiers (regular, limited amount, early bird, and sold out versions)

Logo Price: $100
  • Unlimited revisions.
  • Icon for game thumbnail.

Itch.io Page: $80
  • Cover image
  • Page graphics (headers, main images, and more)
  • Dark & Light mode compatible.
Note: You must have CSS enabled on your account.

Landing Page website: $119
  • Single page with CTA
  • CTA can be itch.io/Steam/Kickstarter/Mailing List links.
  • Display characters, story, lore, videos, and more.
  • You must provide the domain (porkbun has cheap domains). Hosting and maintenance is $5/month.
Full featured website design: $299+
  • Custom Branding Kit depending on your game/website.
  • Prototype includes animation design.
  • Research and user interviews/questioning included.

E-mail: contact@foleso.com
Discord: foleso#2275
Last edited by foleso on Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 106 times in total.

foleso
Regular

Re: Foleso ♥♥♥ GUI Artist for Hire/Trade

#2 Post by foleso »

I edited the thread to be a little more "official" looking, and here's some stuff I've done recently!

Image Image

princessbridget1999

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist for Hire/Trade [CLOSED]

#3 Post by princessbridget1999 »

Just wanted to personally take the time to say thank you for the gui work! ^^

Very fair pricing and a great person to work with, if you have any changes needed, etc. They'll help you out and work with you on those, plus many examples of mock ups to help you out with different various ways it can look. I'd love to personally have help from foleso again ^^

foleso
Regular

#4 Post by foleso »

princessbridget1999 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:17 am Just wanted to personally take the time to say thank you for the gui work! ^^

Very fair pricing and a great person to work with, if you have any changes needed, etc. They'll help you out and work with you on those, plus many examples of mock ups to help you out with different various ways it can look. I'd love to personally have help from foleso again ^^
Thanks so much! It was great working with you as well ♥

foleso
Regular

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist for Hire/Trade [WAITLIST]

#5 Post by foleso »

Update. Slowly working through my to-do list, trying to get things finished. My slots are open, but keep in mind due to my limited availability, it will be atleast a month until I can get to your order. I've been working on a lot of UIs so far, you can go to my Behance for my full portfolio.
https://www.behance.net/foleso

Enamored Risks:

Wildfire:

Heart Fragment Side Story:

foleso
Regular

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist for Hire/Trade [WAITLIST]

#6 Post by foleso »

Due to sudden extenuating circumstances I cannot work on commissions, use Discord, or check my e-mail for the next 10-15 days (and have been unable to for some days now). I have not accepted payment for any of the unfinished commissions yet to the best of my knowledge. If I have, you may chargeback it and I will honor it. If any current commissioners are dissatisfied with the delay, they may cancel the commission and are free to keep all work I've done so far at no charge. I sincerely apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.

foxglovegames
Projects: Trouble Comes Twice
Organization: Foxglove Games

#7 Post by foxglovegames »

Foleso worked on the character profiles and Kickstarter graphics for our upcoming visual novel game Trouble Comes Twice. They've been an absolute pleasure to work with it and we would definitely commission them again in the future! We highly recommend their services if you're looking for a UI artist.

foleso
Regular

#8 Post by foleso »

foxglovegames wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 am Foleso worked on the character profiles and Kickstarter graphics for our upcoming visual novel game Trouble Comes Twice. They've been an absolute pleasure to work with it and we would definitely commission them again in the future! We highly recommend their services if you're looking for a UI artist.
Thank you—It was great to work with you too!

Re-opened the thread with a full revamp because I'm looking for projects to work on during Winter break. I've increased my prices significantly as well, those who've commissioned me before 12/16/20 still have the old prices. Thank you everyone for all the support: I truly appreciate it.

foleso
Regular

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist for Hire/Trade [OPEN]

#9 Post by foleso »

( •̀ ω •́ )✧ It's been two months already!

GUI update:

Also, added a well-overdue websites section to my Behance portfolio:

dragonfly_rush
Completed: High School Daze: Junior Year | Crushed
Projects: HSDJY 2
Organization: Hummingbird Games
Tumblr: https://hummingbird-games.tumblr
itch: hummingbird-games
Discord: hellomynameisdevi#3575

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist + Website Design/Development for Hire/Trade + New Options [Feb 26]

#10 Post by dragonfly_rush »

Hopping on here to say that Foleso was a blast to work with! They designed the GUI for my upcoming visual novel and it looks fantastic! Highly recommend their work.

chellophane

Re: ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ ♡ foleso ♡ GUI Artist + Website Design/Development for Hire/Trade + New Options [Feb 26]

#11 Post by chellophane »

I did not have a good experience working with Foleso.

I contacted them in early January for a custom GUI. However, in the weeks that followed, they would go on a very long time without updating me on progress. It happened more than once that i only received a reply to my e-mails after 20 days at a time. Also, they never justified the delays, leaving me with no explanation whatsoever.

This resulted in me having no assets available to work with more than two months after first submitting my commission to them.

Fortunately, after contacting them about the lack of communication, expressing my concerns and wish to cancel my order, I was promptly refunded of my initial deposit (it took 2 hours after i had sent my email).

Nonetheless, this experience has been a very frustrating and disappointing waste of time. At least, they weren’t rude and refunded me quickly. Though, I was scammed out my time. To wait this long (with absolutely NO explanation whatsoever even to this day) and have nothing in the end, I was glad to finally be able to move to someone else.

Good luck for the future.
i was redredswap!!!!!!

Akua
Regular
Completed: Appetité Amor
Projects: A Frigid Space | Lycoris | Demon's Kiss | Night of the Lesbian Vampires
Organization: Demon's Decoy
Tumblr: akuakourin
Deviantart: AkuaKourin
itch: akua-kourin

#12 Post by Akua »

I worked with Foleso a few times now (either directly or indirectly), and I can always say he does the job given to him in time. For Appetité Amor he was very quick and the simple design was really perfect for a sweet, short game. Any delays that happened were mainly from a misunderstanding or vagueness of the details, but it was shortly resolved with a detailed explanation and providing references. I recommend being precise with your explanation, but that's like something you should do with every artist. Since the design he did for AA was simple, I cannot assume the time he takes for more detailed GUI work. But I know he will do his best with a clear vision and description provided.

Personally I also know that he was pretty busy during the production of Appetité Amor (NaNoRenO), so I didn't expect him to reply immediately to any messages. Still, when he had the time, the changes were made swiftly after communicating, and we ended up with a great result.

I recommend Foleso. 1000/10

foleso
Regular

#13 Post by foleso »

@dragonfly_rush
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Here's a video of the GUI I completed (It was the RenPy Kit set).

@chellophane
I apologize for your poor experience, but there is one fact I must correct. You say "To wait this long (with absolutely NO explanation whatsoever even to this day)." This is factually incorrect. After you asked for an explanation, I provided one.
I provided this explanation almost 2 days before you wrote this review. Like I mention in the email, I do not have an excuse for the poor communication—It is a mistake I hope to learn and grow from, but I did have an explanation. As mentioned earlier, I wish nothing but the best of luck with your project moving forward.

@akua_kourin
Thank you! The GUI for Apetite Amor can be viewed here:

A general update: I will be closing my commissions for the next 3 months at least to finish my backlog. I know some of you have been patient for a long time, and I really appreciate it. If anyone needs a refund, please let me know and I'll grant it, no matter what stage of the UI I have completed. However, please note that if you do request a refund, full ownership of the assets will return to me. Once again, thank you to everyone!