Paid Writing - Open
Paid Editing - Open
Paid Proofreading - Open
Free Writing - CLOSED
Free Editing - CLOSED
Free Proofreading - Open
I | II | III | IV
Commissions & Partnerships
Unnamed RPG - writer
Secret Otome VN - writer for two routes
Red Eyes in the Darkness - The Tainted Blood: Chimaera - editor
Falling Leaves - editor
The Secrets We Keep - editor
Picture Perfect Romance - editor
Incompatible Species - editor, episode 3 onward
A Tale of Two Extras
Commissions & Partnerships
Pairs - proofreader (Kitten's, Ricardo's, and Dragon's routes), NaNoRenO 2017
This, My Soul - proofreader, NaNoRenO 2017
can you say my name again - proofreader, most of chapter 1, Yuri Game Jam 2017
Dancing with a Beautiful Robot - proofreader (Undertale fangame)
I will write:
- GxB, GxG, BxB, BxG, and romances involving non-binary characters
- Fantasy: high fantasy, urban fantasy, science fantasy, magical realism
- Science fiction: space opera; “20 minutes into the future”
- Violent content
- Visual novels, Twine stories, and RPG plots/dialogue
- Historical fiction: I have a BA in History, specialized in early modern Europe, though I’m more than happy to write for any time period and any locale. While I’m willing to do research for historical fiction, there will be an additional fee for projects requiring large amounts of research. This will be negotiated before I begin writing; I will not add research fees after we have already decided on a price.
- Guro/sexualized violence
- Lolicon/shotacon; romance between an adult and a minor, regardless of the genders involved
- Romanticized abuse
If you’d like to commission me, either send me an email (preferred) at lunaterra25[at]gmail[dot]com or PM me here with information about your project, including the project’s word count. (For writing commissions, this will be an approximate estimate. I cannot accept writing commissions with no word count goal.) You must include your expected deadline if there is one. I will not take commissions if I believe that I will not be able to write/edit/proofread your requested story within your deadline. Additionally, I have a minimum order length requirement of 2000 words.
I also reserve the right to not take commissions for projects which do not interest me. This isn’t anything personal; I simply believe that I will not be able to adequately do a writing job if I’m not interested in the concept behind it. That’s not fair to you. The more information you provide me (backstory, worldbuilding, character descriptions, any already-finished art assets), the more likely I am to accept your offer, and the better the finished product will be.
If you would like to see a sample of my writing with your concept, I am willing to provide one 200-600 word sample of my writing for free. Any further samples, as well as samples over 600 words, require payment at my normal rate.
Rates and rules for commercial games (all prices in USD, paid via PayPal):
- Writing: $0.04/word. 50% estimate paid upfront, remainder paid after completion
- Editing: $0.01/word, 50% paid upfront, remainder paid after completion
- Proofreading: $0.01/2 words, rounded down to the nearest cent; 50% paid upfront, remainder paid after completion
- Writing research: Varies depending on the time spent researching and depth of research required; the rate will be negotiated per project.
- If, for whatever reason, I find myself unable to finish your project with less than half of the work completed, I will give you a refund based on how much work I have completed (and many, many apologies).
- You must credit me in the credits for your game. For certain projects, I may choose to use a (different) pseudonym.
- Free games can be of any length and complexity, although I will be much more selective with free slots.
- I will prioritize paid projects over free projects, so work may be slow
, especially for the free writing slot. Keep that in mind if you have a strict deadline.
- If my slots are full, but you’d still like me to write for your free game, I will accept payment at my normal commercial rate. These will be treated the same as commercial games in terms of priority (i.e., a free game for which I am being paid will receive higher priority than a game I am doing for free).
- You must credit me in the credits of your game. For certain projects, I may choose to use a (different) pseudonym.
Editing and proofreading are similar, but differ in what I'll focus on and the degree of my changes.
When I proofread, I focus on the technical aspects of the writing: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and the like. I may make changes to individual phrases or sentences to improve their flow, but I try to keep my changes to the actual content at a minimum. This is a less time-consuming process than full editing, which is why it's cheaper.
When I edit, I focus on the content of the text: the plot, pacing, characterization, et cetera. I may rewrite entire paragraphs, although I generally prefer a more hands-off approach of pointing out flaws in the writing and letting the author fix it themselves. I'll also correct the same technical issues that I'd do as a proofreader, although some writers prefer to have different people handle editing and proofreading. (You should pick whatever approach works with your project and budget.)