[CLOSED] [FREE] Writer, Copy Editor (Native English Speaker)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
tomc1231
Discord: TomC1231#7241

[CLOSED] [FREE] Writer, Copy Editor (Native English Speaker)

#1 Post by tomc1231 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Hi, I'm Tom! I'm an English student and an aspiring creative writer. I'm relatively new to VNs, but I've been writing for quite a while and I'm looking to further hone my skills. I write for fun, so I'm willing to work for free as long as the schedule is flexible and the subject matter is interesting. I don't write NSFW material, but I'm fine with editing NSFW scripts. I prefer to work on short-term projects, seeing as I'm a college student and I already have a lot on my plate. My favorite genres are slice-of-life, comedy, drama, romance, etc. I'm not too experienced with fantasy, sci-fi, or other genres with supernatural elements.

This is a script for Act I of a VN that I was working on earlier this year. It was meant to be a BxG dating sim based on Some Some Convenience Store, but unfortunately the project fell through due to creative differences within the team. It's a little unpolished, but feel free to give it a read to see if my writing style might work with your project!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRv ... Bv9Ek/edit

I also provide a free copy editing service for anyone who needs help with English spelling/grammar/punctuation. I'm a native English speaker who's edited VNs before, so if you send me a script I can give some feedback and make suggestions.

Because my service is free, please be patient and kind! I also reserve the right to decline or drop a project if my circumstances change. With that being said, I'd love to collaborate on a fun, casual project with other people who are passionate about VNs.

If you're interested, please tell me the details of your project and I'll let you know if I can help!

Discord: TomC#7241
Tom Cordero

Writer & Editor

Email: tomcordero1231@gmail.com

Arent
Regular

Re: [CLOSED] [FREE] Writer, Copy Editor (Native English Speaker)

#2 Post by Arent » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:47 pm

Tom helped me a lot by editing/beta reading a young adult fiction/fantasy novel of 70000 words/300 pages. He worked really fast, pointed out errors & gave very useful feedback about structure and characters as well.

Since I liked his work very much, I actually paid him a little ^^ But apparently, he even sometimes works for free on smaller projects. If he does, you should definitely consider contacting him.