Catering To Your Needs [Writer, Editor, & Proofreader]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
tobesomething
Projects: Unnamed LGBT Slice of Life
Tumblr: ewnerds

Catering To Your Needs [Writer, Editor, & Proofreader]

#1 Post by tobesomething »

Hey there! My name is Cassidy, and I've been lurking on this forum for years. I have now decided to make an account and offer my services to all you hardworking individuals due to my family's money situation. I've always been complimented on my writing, so I've decided why not bring it to the public?

I've tried making VNs multiple times, but I lacked the money to hire anyone to help me with it, and the ability to do everything myself. I think it would be much easier for me to get into this type of stuff if I just helped out some already semi-established projects first. I'm willing to write anything, though I do enjoy the romance genre more than anything else. However, I don't think I can write adult themes, sorry.

Now, onto the exciting bit. Rates. I've never done this sort of thing before, so I don't know what an appropriate rate would be. I think maybe for writing, 1cent per word, editing is 0.005cents, and proofreading is 0.0025cents? I accept payments through Paypal. If your VN is noncommercial, we can negotiate prices, and if it's just editing and/or proofreading, I would consider doing it for free. It really all depends on how invested I am in the project though.

I expect I'll be able to write anywhere from 5,000 to 8,000 words a week, but I've never written for other people like this, so I'm not sure.

Samples
This is a fanfiction from the show Misfits that I never finished. I cut out the beginning and ending, and it's one of my older pieces but this should do until I get a newer piece finished. Prompts encouraged!

"Who writes letters anymore?" An Irish accent rung in Charlie's ears as she quickly stuffed the paper in her bag.

"Why don't you fuck off, yeah?" Charlie snapped back at the boy. He had dark, curly hair and hazel eyes. Cute, as long as he didn't open his mouth.

"A little touchy there don't you think, Carrot Top?" Charlie rolled her eyes. Like she hadn't heard that one before. Still, she reached up subconsciously and ran her fingers through her wavy, auburn hair.

"Carrot tops are green, smart ass." She informed him before standing up and walking over to a locker. She opened it and slung her bag inside, before inspecting the attire she was going to be forced to wear for the duration of her community service. She yanked the bright orange jumpsuit off its hanger and held it up in the light. As if having to wear it wasn't bad enough, paired with her hair, she was sure to keep her nickname of 'Carrot Top'. She closed her locker and jumped when the Irish boy from earlier was leaning against the locker next to hers.

"I'm Nathan," He stuck out his hand, with his seemingly trademark cocky grin plastered onto his face. Charlie scoffed and turned her head back to the jumpsuit. Nathan dropped his hand and she swore his smile faltered slightly. "So, why's a pretty girl like you doing community service?" He seemed to recompose himself quickly as he attempted to trail a finger down her arm, but Charlie shrugged him off and took a step back.

"Not gonna happen Shamrock," Charlie speaking more harshly than she'd intended. She'd almost felt bad about it until the boy called her uptight under his breath. She gave him a look of disgust before turning around and desperately trying to find someone else to spur a conversation with. Unfortunately, everyone seemed busy with other things. The tall black guy whom Charlie recognized to be Curtis, the famous athlete caught with drugs from the papers, was having a conversation with an extremely flirtatious girl.

"What's your name?" Curtis asked, smirking ever so slightly. The girl giggled and twirled her hair around her finger, leaning in closer towards him.

"Alisha," The girl drawled out her name and smiled back at him. Gross. Charlie tore her eyes away from the soon-to-be fuck buddies and turned her gaze towards at the girl standing in front of a mirror. The girl was scraping her hair back so hard, Charlie was surprised the girl hadn't gone bald already. The girl was, in all definitions, a chav. The chav, apparently reading her mind, or maybe seeing Charlie gawking at her in the mirror, suddenly spun around and started going off at Charlie.
"Oi! Whatcha focking lookin' at?" The girl yelled at Charlie with a unidentifiable accent, while Charlie stood there like a scolded puppy.
Last edited by tobesomething on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

Re: Catering To Your Needs [Writer, Editor, & Proofreader]

#2 Post by Crystaline Spade »

For the samples just post something you've already written or a link to it.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

tobesomething

#3 Post by tobesomething »

I found this fanfiction I wrote and never finished for the show Misfits so I updated my post with that. It's incomplete and a bit old, but I think it gets the point across. Will update later with a newer piece.

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#4 Post by astrokeofmadness »

While not ideal, I'm working on a VN that I'll be posting on kickstarter in likely a month or so, and if funded, I'd be able to pay for the writing/editing. However I doubt you want to jump onto a project that could be unpaid, so I understand if that's too scary of an investment.

If interested at all, I can provide you with more details, but I totally understand any apprehension.

tobesomething

#5 Post by tobesomething »

astrokeofmadness wrote:While not ideal, I'm working on a VN that I'll be posting on kickstarter in likely a month or so, and if funded, I'd be able to pay for the writing/editing. However I doubt you want to jump onto a project that could be unpaid, so I understand if that's too scary of an investment.

If interested at all, I can provide you with more details, but I totally understand any apprehension.
I'd definitely be interested, I just need some information about the vn (obviously) so please message me the details and we can talk from there!