Writer/Editor, looking for projects [Closed]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

Writer/Editor, looking for projects [Closed]

#1 Post by ibukichan »

closed, back in may!

Hello! I am Aiko, a writer/editor currently looking for projects!

I have been writing for approximately 7 years now, although I haven't published anything yet. I mostly write for fun, but I got into visual novels about a year ago, and have thus far released one, for NaNoRenO, and am working on several more. I also write fanfictions, and have quite a lot of fans.

I write best for horror, sci-fi, and adventure stories, but I will write for any genre, really. There are no restrictions on what I will write, really, although I have no experience writing anything sexual.

My rates for writing are 3 cents a word for the first 25k, 2 cents a word for the next 25k, and 1 cent a word for anything after that. These rates are negotiable. I don't know how to price editing, so make an offer~.

I can be contacted through this post, a PM, my Skype (aikosakana), or my email (aikosakana@gmail.com).

Samples:

An excerpt from a current project:
(Context: Ryoko Miki is out on her balcony, looking at the sky after a long day, she is joined by her brother, Yasushi.)
“I stood there quietly for a few minutes, watching the night sky. Each twinkling star remained constant, no matter what happened on the planet below… It made me feel insignificant, yet somehow, that existential knowledge brought me peace.”

“It seemed like… no matter what I do, no matter how badly I may mess up, it wouldn’t matter in the larger scheme of things, and that thought was oddly comforting.”

y “It sure is nice out tonight, huh?”

r “Aniki! What are you doing out here?!”

y “I came to check on you, since it’s getting late.”

r “Yeah… it is pretty late, huh. I should get to bed soon.”

y “Me too… I’m on prep tomorrow, so I have to be up really early.”

“Despite our words, neither of us moved.”

y “It sure is nice out tonight…”

r “You said that already, aniki.”

y “I know, it just- it’s nice. Something worth seeing, and remembering.”

“He was right; it was a beautiful night, and the stars were clear in the sky. It was rare to get a night as clear as this in the city, so it was a moment worth treasuring.”

“...”

y “You know, Miki-chan, I feel like something’s going to change soon.”

r “What do you mean?”

y “I don’t know, just- something feels different, you know? Like there’s a big change coming.”

y “I only hope it’s a change for the better.”

r “Well, whatever happens, we’ll get through it together. We’ve made it this far alone, right?”

y “Yeah, you’re right. I guess it’s not good to dwell on it. Whatever happens happens, so there’s no point worrying, right?”

r “Right. Now get to bed, Yasushi. You’ve gotta be up early.”

y “I’m going, I’m going. ‘Night, Miki-chan.”

r “Night, aniki.”

A story based on the prompt: What's at the bottom of the lake?
[2005]
“Hey, Jamie?” I asked.
“What?” he said.
“What’s at the bottom of the lake?” I asked, staring at the water.
“A giant squid! Didn’t your mama ever tell you? Don’t swim in the lake or you’re face’ll get eaten!” Jamie exclaimed.
“R-Really?” I stuttered. Scary!!
“Yeah! It’s super scary! Dare you to jump in!” he teased.
“No way!” I laughed, shoving him playfully. He slipped, surprised, and fell out of the tree, landing with a sploosh! in the lake.
“Mikey, you meanie, get me out!” Jamie wailed.
“B-But what about the squid?” I said.
“Don’t leave me here with it!” he yelled, trying to swim.
“Okay, I’m coming!” I dove off the branch and into the cold lake.
[2008]
“Yo, Jamie, what’s at the bottom of the lake?” I asked, looking up from my DS.
“Godzilla! Where did you think he went? He’s down there right now, fighting King Kong!” he responded enthusiastically, waving his Godzilla action figure at me.
“Well, King Kong’s gonna win! He’s way smarter!” I yelled, waving my own action figure.
“Oh yeah? Let’s fight, then!” he exclaimed, bashing his Godzilla against my King Kong. Surprised, I let go of the action figure, and it fell down, down, down, and landed in the lake.
“Aww, look at what you’ve done!” I complained, “It took so long to convince Pops to buy that for me!”
“No worries, we’ll go get it!” he replied before jumping off the branch.
“Cannonball!” I shouted before following him.
[2011]
“Jamie, what’s at the bottom of the lake?” I asked absently, staring at my math book with disgust.
“Hmm?” He looked up from his history book, “Oh, I dunno. Probably, like, a castle or something. Yeah, an underwater palace, full of smokin’ chicks.”
“Oh,” I answered, uninterested, “Just chicks? Seems boring.”
He was quiet a moment, “Well, I guess. Chicks are hot, but dudes aren’t too bad either, you know what I mean?”
“Yeah,” I agreed.
“And all these people, they’re all real different, you know? And it’s okay, ‘cause they aren’t dicks about it, they like people being different,” he continued, a small smile creeping across his face.
“I wanna live there,” I declared, standing up on the branch and planting my hands on my hips, completely forgetting about my math book until I heard the sound of it hitting the water.
Jamie cracked up, “Mike, you’re so boned!”
“Come on, we gotta find it!” I exclaimed desperately, “Mr. Jenkins’ll never believed I dropped it in the lake without proof!”
“Let’s go get it then,” Jamie agreed, and together, we jumped off the branch.
[2014]
“Hey, babe?” I asked, leaning my head on his shoulder.
“What is it, Michael?” he asked, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger.
“What’s at the bottom of the lake?”
He laughed, “There’s a place made just for me and you, where no one else will ever find us unless we want them to.”
“Tell me more,” I prompted, twisting around so my head was on his lap.
“Well, there’s a big castle, okay? It’s got enough room for everything we’ll ever need. There’s a big gym for me, and a room with all the fabric you could ever imagine for you. I can work out while you sew, and when we’re done, we’ll curl up and watch movies together. You’ll sit through my boring action flicks, I’ll tolerate your cheesy musicals, and we’ll be happy.”
“Sounds like fun,” I whispered, grabbing his hands in my own, “Let’s go there!”
Using his surprise against him, I pulled on his hands, unbalancing us, and both of us toppled from the branch, landing right in the lake and becoming immediately soaked.
“Babe!” Jamie laughed, trying and failing at sounding angry, “This is a clean jersey!”
“And this sweater is cashmere! Let’s forget about the clothes and enjoy this,” I suggested, kissing him gently.
He dunked me into the water, laughing as I spluttered.
[2015]
“Jamie” I asked, my voice quivering.
“Babe, what’s wrong?” came his concerned voice over the phone.
“Come on,” he joked weakly, “You know I can’t tell the story unless I’m there with you.”
“Just- please. Tell me,” I begged, feeling my face wet with tears.
“Okay. Okay, yeah, I know what’s at the bottom of the lake. It’s a world of mystery, with snow that falls upwards and living trees. It’s full of little elves, who take care of the trees, and everything’s in harmony. The ground, the elves, the trees, the sun, they all respect each other.”
“Sounds amazing,” I managed to say, “I wish I was there.
“Me too, babe,” he agreed.
“James, I can’t do this anymore. I think- I’m going there now.”
“No, Michael, Mitchie, please, listen-”
I dropped the phone, crying uncontrollably now, and stepped off the branch.
This time, when the water sucked me under, I made no effort to free myself of its clutches.
[2017]
Amy leaned against James’ shoulder, golden locks tickling the side of his face.
“Hey, J?” she asked.
“What is it, sweets?” he responded, distracted.
He flinched, dislodging her from her position. She turned to look at him, worried expression on her face.
“What’s wrong, honey? What’s at the bottom of the lake?”
His throat constricted, but he managed to choke out the words, “Michael’s body.”

An old example of a short fantasy story:
The sunlight spilled over the crest of the hill, shining upon the meadow beyond it. The light caught the dewdrops clinging to the soft blades of grass, causing them to sparkle gently. Ara leaned on the handrail of her balcony, gazing wistfully down upon the gorgeous scene. Oh, how she longed to go outside, to feel the damp grass tickling the bottoms of her bare feet. She hadn’t been outside for nearly a month, not since her sister Deia had been taken by the enemy kingdom of Glydonia.
“Ara!” her mother called from outside.
“Yes, Mother?” she responded, leaning over the sill to see her mother, queen of Lydria, gazing up at her.
“Please ensure that you are ready for the dinner at sunset tonight. Your father is hoping to ally with his guest, the king of Adona. We cannot allow for any mistakes,” her mother explained.
“I understand. I will not disappoint you, Mother,” Ara promised.
“I know you won’t.” She smiled warmly. Ara returned to her chamber and collapsed on her bed, running her hands through her long, auburn hair. It was hopeless. Her father hoped to rescue her sister by allying himself with the neighboring kingdoms, slowly building an army. By the time they had the strength to take Glydonia, Deia would be lost to them. It infuriated her, that her father cared more for the politics than for the life of his eldest child. All that she desired was to walk hand in hand with her sister again, the warm sunlight on their faces. Ara would do anything to save Deia, to bring her back to Lydria, where she belonged. If she had to infiltrate Glydonia and rescue Deia herself, she would do it.
In fact, that was what she would do.
She would leave the kingdom, steal a horse, and travel to Glydonia herself. She would find a way into the castle, free Deia, and escape with her. They would return to Lydria if they could, or conceal themselves somewhere far away, somewhere that no one could locate them. They could live together in safety for the rest of their lives.
Ara removed her garments, which made her stand out, and replaced them with more practical, travelling clothing, hiding her distinctive hair under a cap. She tied her sheets together, creating a long rope with which she could descend from the balcony. Firmly tying the rope to the handrail, she began to slowly lower herself down. Once she was on the ground, she ran away from the castle, refusing her urges to look back, for if she did, she would not have the strength to continue.
“Don’t worry, Deia,” she whispered, “I’m coming to rescue you. Stay strong, sister.”

-

Far away, in a dank cell in the bowels of Glydonia, the imprisoned Deia smiled and pressed a hand to her heart.
“Godspeed, sister!” she cried, “I remain strong! I will wait for you as long as I must! Godspeed!”

If you wish to see more samples, I can email them to you. :)

I hope to be working with you soon!
Last edited by ibukichan on Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:23 am, edited 6 times in total.

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

Re: Writer/Editor, looking for projects, free or paid

#2 Post by dmasterxd »

Dude you're writing is awesome! Pm sent!

ibukichan
Regular

Re: Writer/Editor, looking for projects, free or paid

#3 Post by ibukichan »

PM recieved, response sent! :D

ibukichan
Regular

Re: Writer/Editor, looking for projects [Open~]

#4 Post by ibukichan »

Open again~ now with a redesigned post and a new sample!

ibukichan
Regular

Re: Writer/Editor, looking for projects [Open~]

#5 Post by ibukichan »

Still available for projects! :D