Writer/Editor/Proofreader for Hire [Paid]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Carpe Diem
IRC Nick: Carpe Diem
Tumblr: usagination

Writer/Editor/Proofreader for Hire [Paid]

#1 Post by Carpe Diem »

Hello!

I am Carpe Diem or C.D for short.

I'm an aspiring novelist and VN writer who recently joined the ranks here. My friend, Tsuyuri, recommended this site to me after hiring me onto a VN project. Since then I've been interested in taking part in the process to create a visual novel. Not only would it give me the chance to make new connections, but I would also be able to further my knowledge as a writer. I lack the money and resources to hire on my own team to create a visual novel but I am happy to take part in the ideas of others.

I am open to all genres. +18 mature related themes are also welcomed, and I am an active member in the LGBTQ community. I am not an artist however and I tend to convey almost all of my imagery through words instead of pictures.

Now, onto the more important parts would be what I can offer and what it would take to hire me onto your team.

I am not a very high maintenance person. I tend to work at a steady pace. Since I am a high school student, I am not able to work during school hours which stem from 7 AM - 2 PM EST. But on the weekends and after 2 PM, I am able to work avidly on the assignments given. Weekly progress reports are given to my employers via my email address, and the quickest way to contact me is via Skype or my email address. I am a native English speaker, and I have skills in proofreading work along with being an editor and giving creative feedback. When it comes to writing scripts, I wish to be able to bounce ideas between myself and others working alongside me.

I will be able to write between 1,000-10,000 words a day at the best. I accept payments through Paypal, and my rates will depend based on discussion between myself and possible employers.

Writing Samples
This will be updated daily as I show different samples of my writing in genres. For now, I will write a sample based on a project that I was hoping to publish into a novel.

There were nights when Atlas awoke and knew that it would never be the same. The restless boy would turn onto his side and gaze at the clock sitting on the nightstand with blaring bold numbers gazing back at him. His fingers would graze the edge of the pillow that had been worn down from years of use and then grip the blanket tucked around his form. Thoughts of the stories that his mother would read to him before bed circled his mind. Images of heroes galavanting with their swords in hands, men chosen for greatness without having to prove themselves. A sweet dream of a little boy wishing to be like those heroes only to embrace that it was just that - a dream. He was only ten years old but he knew the secrets that the adults were keeping from him. His fingers flexed, unclenching and then curling again as his eyes narrowed glaring up at the ceiling. He had counted the riffs and grooves in it so many times that he had grown bored of it.

The moonlight bathed the room in a silvery glow illuminating the little toys and trinkets sitting on his walls and laying across the floor. He turned his gaze towards the window and stared at the moon that stood high in the sky and frowned lightly. Then a light bit of grey fluttered from the window cascading downwards. It was followed by one and then two more before Atlas became interested in what was happening. Was it snowing? Climbing up from his bed, he walked to the window and pressed his hands flat against the glass staring at the sky. Grey flicks fell from the sky, laying upon the ground and gathering everywhere.

Looking towards the sky, the moon had changed from its silvery white to a blooded red. The smell of fire touched his nostrils and he could see the city burning into flames. Looking from left to right, he couldn’t escape the fear and panic that arose in his chest at the thought of being burned alive.

Rushing from the window, he hurried to his door and yanked it open only to find that his home was empty. Hurrying from one room to the other, he couldn’t see anyone. His mother wasn’t there neither was his father - he was completely alone.

“Mom! Dad! Where are you?!”

Everything was happening too fast, his heart was thundering in his chest. Wrenching open the front door, he could see the town that he loved so much burning in front of his eyes. Tears filled them and he buried his fingers in his hair, shutting his eyes and trying to advert his attention away from it. He couldn’t look. This was a dream, it had to all be a dream.

Heroes were forged through flames, sweat, blood and tears. Greatness was earned and never given.