Writer, Editor/Proofreader looking for projects.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Spectre

Writer, Editor/Proofreader looking for projects.

#1 Post by Spectre »

Hello everyone,

I'm a UK-based writer that has as of yet mostly written full-length Fan Fictions for various pieces of work. And in all honestly, I don't play too many Visual Novels (I'm not really ingrained in Otaku culture and such), but I love writing and the VN's that I have played have really engaged me so I have come here in the hopes of being able to aid other people create something. I have not yet found myself collaborating on a project with more than one other person, but I'm perfectly happy to work with a team, and I'm looking to get experience as a more legitimate writer here.

Generally speaking, planning of the few stories I've written so far is fairly loose, although before I start any piece I tend to make meticulous notes on the primary characters in the story. But I am willing to plan more in-depth if that's what the story needs. My writing style tends to be quite low-key and character driven, so I'd say an ideal project for me would be something like a dating sim, that's somewhat rooted in reality. I have started to diverge from this as heavily as I can, trying to take on some more ambitious projects and I'm extremely willing to challenge myself, but my forte seems to be when I'm describing a realistic scene or dialogue and interactions between characters.

Ideally, I want to find a long-term project I can fully dedicate myself to as a writer but I'm also willing to edit and proofread anything that may need doing (preferably shorter pieces), as I find myself to be rather meticulous in terms of editing, so if that's needed I'm happy to contribute what I can.

I will work for free on any project, provided my heart's in it and it's not an extremely long and tedious piece of work. I have no particular rate for payment though, so my rate is negotiable if anything.

In terms of content, themes and genres of work, I have no restrictions whatsoever. I will gladly write anything provided it's part of a project I'm interested in.

Also, just as a note, I'm currently in full-time employment which has a great deal of ups and downs in terms of the stress levels and number of in-office projects placed upon me. So, although I will push myself to commit to any given project, my personal life and my mental state will take priority so that I can continue to create to the best of my ability and turn out something that will be worthwhile. I feel as though that's best for everyone.

Of course, since my experience with these sorts of things are somewhat limited, I understand any skepticism towards taking me on board as of yet. So if you're thinking about taking me on, the approach I'd like to go for is that you would send me a Private Message outlining the project, and I'll write an average-length scene using any conceptual and character based tidbits you can provide me with and send it back your way, so you can see if my writing is what you're looking for.

I am also intending to learn more about Python programming, Ren'Py direction and music production over the next few years, so these may all be things I'll be able to bring to the table once I'm more confident in my abilities.

I hope I can connect with some of you and contribute to whatever your ultimate goal is, I'd like to think that I'm easily approachable and open-minded, so please don't hesitate to contact me. :)

Thanks!
Last edited by Spectre on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

DeepBlue

Re: Writer, Editor/Proofreader looking for projects.

#2 Post by DeepBlue »

You forgot to mention if you work for free or you want to be payed for. And if you have some restrain on genre/themes/lingo.

Anyway, I'm in search of a writer that can do something more "european" and no anime-like at all, for a GxG relationship+suspance game. The setting is real and realistic and the plot mostly character-driven. And If you're verbose, that's only good!
I'm not a native english spoker, so I feel the need to work with someone.
The project I was coding (maybe I'll open soon a WIP post here) is a free one so I don't ask people that work FOR me but WITH me, and sparetime (no strict deadline at all).

Maybe we can find a deal! Can I send you an MP with more details about?

Spectre

#3 Post by Spectre »

Thanks for the feedback. I did state my terms of payment in the profile (I'll gladly work for free if it's a project I have a personal interest in doing), but nothing about restraints (for the record, I don't really have any). I'll edit that information in and make my stance on payment a bit more explicit. I'm interested, send me a PM and we can have a discussion.

Spectre

#4 Post by Spectre »

After a long time away, I am now available to take on another project at request.

I will still be providing tailored writing samples, so if you wish to see a sample before you accept me onto a project, please let me know of a scene you want written with some information on characters, and I'll try my hand at it.

If you're interested, just get in touch once again.

Thank you!

Spectre

#5 Post by Spectre »

Quick disclaimer: I'm working on a few personal things right now, so my time's very limited. I can jump onto short projects, or ones with less emphasis on being done quickly. I'm still more than happy to write if you're willing to accept my current circumstances, but otherwise I may currently be better off in editing.

somestrangecircus
Regular
Completed: Palette Swap (NaNo 2016)
Projects: Yumi-chan's Wonderful Cake Shop
Organization: Some Strange Circus
Tumblr: somestrangecircus
Deviantart: somestrangecircus

#6 Post by somestrangecircus »

I have a short project that needs editing, but it is not a visual novel; it's a poetry collection. Is that something you'd be interested in taking a look at?

Spectre

#7 Post by Spectre »

somestrangecircus wrote:I have a short project that needs editing, but it is not a visual novel; it's a poetry collection. Is that something you'd be interested in taking a look at?
Absolutely, just PM me some details. It's almost 3AM here, so I'll probably be retiring for the night, but let me know and I'll get back to you.

Royality
Regular
Projects: Love through the internet

#8 Post by Royality »

Pm'd