Yes, writer, yes. We could give it a go.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
MrOcculture

Yes, writer, yes. We could give it a go.

#1 Post by MrOcculture »

Hey, Thomas here.

Yes, I do writing. That is a thing I do. Don't mind the affectation.

I haven't been writing for long (I don't remember, 3-5 years?) but I've created stories, characters, and ideas all my life. It's only relatively recently that I decided to start putting my words down. So I guess I have no issue admitting I'm more attitude and style than substance. Substance really being that pesky thing called grammar. Pfft, who needs it?

I write occult, sci-fi, and horror that doesn't take itself too seriously mostly but I'm open to most ideas or genres. I've only written stories (and some dialogue for a dating-sim) and they're not dialogue driven. There is dialogue, sure, but there are more monologues. I often write very sardonic, pessimistic characters. Is that a surprise? But it's not limited to such. I do also specialize in neurotic types as well.

I have offered to a lend a hand here once before but it didn't go well. Again, I'm fine with admitting that. In both occasions I could not find any passion for either of the projects, though I did offer assistance and effort. In one instance I suppose the creator and I didn't agree on the flight path and eventually they just broke contact. The other the instance had the, let's say director, approach me with only an idea of what they wanted. To get specific, they asked for a dating sim. It went something like this. Set in what sort of world? I don't know. Real world, fantasy world? I don't know. Ideas about the characters? I don't know. How many characters? I don't know. Attitude of the sim? I don't know. World building is sort of my wheelhouse but this thread is to help. I want to buff up your ideas and make 'em pretty not build it from the ground up.

Because that all sounds terribly good and certainly you're dying to hire me now, let's talk prices. As I say, here to help. For free, I'll give ideas, suggestions, write some dialogue but if you want me to do some 'hard writing' i.e. creating concepts, worlds, or characters from scratch we can talk money, that's all.

I am an unpublished writer, glamorous right? It may not be the only reason, but lack of trying ranks among the reasons as to why. I don't post anywhere (yet) either.

If all that sounds to good to pass up, and I'm making a face as I type that, or if you're interested in putting up with my nonsense PM me or email me at Mr.Occulture@gmail.com and I'll send you some of my work to look at. If you find it up to snuff, we can discuss. Don't worry, I'm more agreeable than I present myself to be...probably.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Yes, writer, yes. We could give it a go.

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

Hey,

aside from e-mail and PMs, you also need to allow people to publicly contact you through the forums. We encourage open discussion (forum rule 14).
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

MrOcculture

Re: Yes, writer, yes. We could give it a go.

#3 Post by MrOcculture »

Yeah, of course. Totally forgot. Contact me here as well.