Will write, proofread and edit for food - I mean free

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

Will write, proofread and edit for food - I mean free

#1 Post by icebluehost »

Hello all. My username is icebluehost, but I'm otherwise known as densagara or Den for short. I've been lurking about in the forums for years (2010 to be exact), and had tried working as a writer for a couple of projects that unfortunately never took off. And now I'm working up the courage to try joining another project because I really like writing and I want to try my hand on creating stories for visual novels.

I'm pleased to meet you, and am looking forward to working with you someday.

Name: icebluehost, densagara, Den
Role: Writer/Proofreader/Editor
Experience:
I'm not a professional writer, but reading and writing has been my hobby for more than 15 years now. It's something I love doing, and something I'm always improving on. Mostly I write fanfictions, but I also join text-based roleplaying on occasion.

I also attempted to make a VN once or twice though never got around to actually making it because of writer's block and a fear of being rejected by the masses. But I love visual novels and played many that have been posted on this site and elsewhere (they're mostly focused on otome visual novels). That's as far as my experience with the genre goes.

I prefer a narrative style of writing but I did dabble a few times in first and second person POV. I can work with any of those styles and I'm not too picky on the genre of the visual novel, but I'm inexperienced at writing dark-themed/angst stories.

Samples:
You can take a look at some of my works in fanfiction.net - https://www.fanfiction.net/u/367595/icebluehost. Or if you want other samples, you can message me for them.

Schedule:
I work from Monday to Friday and usually get home by 8:00PM (UTC+8:00). I'll be online for the rest of the night and would be happy to chat with you for that duration. And unless I have something planned, I'm generally free on weekends.

What does this mean for you? It means that it'll take me longer to work on writing tasks for your project. If you're looking for someone who can provide you results asap, I'm probably not the best person to ask.

But I can guarantee quicker results when my only task is to proofread or edit your work.

Mode of contact:
I use skype for online chatting, though I'm open to using other IM applications. I'll provide you with my contact details once you've hired me.

Other things to note:
If you're just starting and still looking for ideas, I could provide a few that I have in mind.
Last edited by icebluehost on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hanabii
Deviantart: HanabiArts

Re: Will write, proofread and edit for food - I mean free

#2 Post by Hanabii »

Hi,

I want to create a visiual novel (my first) and it would be really great to have some help with writing! My native language isn't english, so proofreading would also be appreciated! (Even though I've already got one for proof reading now, proof reading twice doesn't sound like a bad idea)

If you are interested write me a PM or check out my topic in the ideas section :)

icebluehost
Regular

Re: Will write, proofread and edit for food - I mean free

#3 Post by icebluehost »

Hanabii wrote:Hi,

I want to create a visiual novel (my first) and it would be really great to have some help with writing! My native language isn't english, so proofreading would also be appreciated! (Even though I've already got one for proof reading now, proof reading twice doesn't sound like a bad idea)

If you are interested write me a PM or check out my topic in the ideas section :)
I'm honored to be helping you out with your first VN. And you could never go wrong with having more than one person to look through your work.

I've taken a look at your topic in the Ideas section, and am happy and eager to bounce ideas with you. I shall PM you my contact details and we'll see where this takes us.

icebluehost
Regular

Re: Will write, proofread and edit for food-I mean free [clo

#4 Post by icebluehost »

I've accepted two projects as writer so unfortunately I will be unable to take any other requests at the moment. But I'm still free to proofread or edit stories. Basically just checking the structure and grammar of your sentences, and making sure that your story flows smoothly or that it doesn't have loopholes or plotholes. You can also bounce off ideas with me, but I won't be in a capacity to actually write something for you.

I feel slightly overwhelmed by the reception I got. It's been barely a day and I've got two requests for my help. You guys are great XD

Special shout out to @Flutterpenn and @Hanabii for being my first co-workers. I look forward to working with you both!