Writing, Editing, and Proofreading (Small Projects Are Free!)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Rinmaru
Regular
Completed: Cardinal Cross
Projects: Cardinal Cross
Tumblr: impqueengames
Deviantart: rinmaru

Re: Writing, Editing, and Proofreading (Small Projects Are Free!)

#31 Post by Rinmaru »

Great editor.
Really thorough, quick and professional.
English is not my native language, so it was really nice of him to explain my mistakes.
I'm definitely hoping to work with him again for future projects.
%100 recommend :!:

novajam

#32 Post by novajam »

I commissioned Cipher to consult on and edit a script 25,000 words long.

I felt the editing process went along very dynamically. His work is thorough and has raised the quality, consistency and readability my original text phenomenally. He did everything from improving scene pacing and tone, to cleaning up dialogue and punctuation to read more naturally, not to mention hundreds of sentence restructures. He's a good communicator who works quickly and accurately, and he's ready to back up his edits with solid reasoning. However, more importantly, he will listen to feedback on those edits and adapt them accordingly. I found him highly cooperative to work with and I think this is what delighted me the most about his service.

The edited script was delivered more than a week ahead of schedule. I feel he's added a lot of value to the product and thus provided excellent value for his fee. I wrote the story but he made it good. I'd certainly hope to work with him again in the future.

MelloCloud

#33 Post by MelloCloud »

Great to work with. Incredibly quick, did the work wonderfully, and has great ideas. Will definitely come to again for more class needs.

MelloCloud

#34 Post by MelloCloud »

I would describe Cipher as a speedy quick literary ninja. He's done every class for my home brew that I got too lazy to create. Better yet, he allows me to be even more lazy by taking my ideas, and turning them into something usuable. More than that. Something great!
I'm able to take a breather without stopping productivity. There's a reason I keep appearing in the review feed. He does great work. Asking questions if unsure on something, making sure everything is good every step of the way, and then when not asking or updating, he's crafting words like a boss.

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#35 Post by tuna_sushi »

Try this proofreading tool.

Cipher
Discord: Cipher#5605

#36 Post by Cipher »

tuna_sushi wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:30 am Try this proofreading tool.
I appreciate the recommendation and will definitely keep it in mind for future projects. At present, my "final checks" are through Grammarly and Google Docs; then, I manually implement necessary changes (and re-read the document one final time) because tools aren't always accurate.

Writing / Editing Services | Cipher#5605 on Discord | Portfolio

Xand
Regular

#37 Post by Xand »

Great job!
English is not my native language, so the text probably was weird and too much google translated.
The job was done quick and professional, faster than native language editors.
Will be happy to work again in the future.

Kit

#38 Post by Kit »

Amazing editor!!! Highly recommend. Wonderful to work with.
Cipher is the main editor on my project, which has yet to be announced.
He had some concerning personal struggles pop up, which impacted his speed, which he no doubt is known for and takes deserved pride in (the speed, not the personal struggles lmao), but this was not an issue as I made clear from the go that I had no real deadlines.
This is my go-to editor. :)

AdamsAccount
Regular
Projects: ORISHA, Mermaids vs zombies, Lesbian pirate dating sim

#39 Post by AdamsAccount »

hey im working ona visual novel like arg megacore with audio drama themes as the primary source but visual novel like routes and presentation. please at me on twitter under @oronsnowflake its a free public domain project if your interested, because its golden age superheroes meets psas meets darkish angst with a happy ending based around the golden age of superheroes from the sidekicks perspective.

AmorFatigue
Discord: Amorfatiguenft#2114

#40 Post by AmorFatigue »

hi, i contacted you on discord

Best Regards

Amor

Cipher
Discord: Cipher#5605

#41 Post by Cipher »

AmorFatigue wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:03 pm hi, i contacted you on discord

Best Regards

Amor
My deepest and sincerest apologies. I assumed you were a bot or spam when I looked over your Discord profile.

I've sent you a friend request and would be happy to discuss whatever you need.

Warm regards,

- Cipher.

Writing / Editing Services | Cipher#5605 on Discord | Portfolio

Fernandious

#42 Post by Fernandious »

Recently, I've been fortunate enough to reach out to Cipher for assistance with our project. Their response was incredibly prompt, providing valuable guidance on how to approach tasks and seamlessly adapting to the project's unique needs. Moreover, they consistently maintained a friendly and professional demeanor throughout our interactions. If you're considering reaching out to Cipher for your project, don't hesitate— I'm confident you won't regret it. 100% recommended!