Writer looking for work! [Open]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
LiamExe
Regular
Projects: Locked Souls
itch: liamexe

Writer looking for work! [Open]

#1 Post by LiamExe »

* Please note at this present time I am only accepting paid work.

Hello there, everyone~ I trust you're all having a great 2016 so far?

It's been well over a year since I last posted one of these, and since then I've had many great opportunities working on projects, several of which were commercial and met with success. I've also met many great people in the VN world, and feel that over these past couple of years I've really learned a lot about visual novel development and the writing process that follows it.

After taking a brief respite from things and focusing heavily on prepping my own personal projects for release, I've decided now is the perfect time to (hopefully!) start taking some commission work again.

I'm capable of tackling a broad range of genres within my writing, and am always looking for new challenges and interesting scenarios to write out. Admittedly I do find myself going back to my comfort zone of happy, fluffy slice-of-life things, but then I can also write gruesome horror stories with glee, taking care to go into lots and lots of details on things. There isn't really much I'll hesitate to write about, so long as it isn't too messed up.

It's better to show than tell, though, right? Linked below are several examples of my writing, largely in VN script format, fresh out of Ren'Py with most of the coding parts stripped out for ease of readability. Most of the examples are taken from my own personal projects, or ones I've worked on with friends, and cover just a fraction of what I'm capable of writing. I'll also more than likely be updating this spot frequently as I write more things that I deem to be a good representation of my writing abilities. Note that some of the names are placeholders and temporary, especially in the otome stuff. I wouldn't actually name a boy 'Tsun', really!

Example 1 - Comedy/Battle segment from 'Untitled Monster Girl Game'
Example 2 - Brief snippet of opening and meeting first boy from 'Untitled Otome Game'
Example 3 - Bonus fighting segment from the above Otome game, written in a non VN format
Example 4 - Confession segment from 'Unreleased Sequel'
Example 5 - Slice of Life segment from 'Locked Souls' (Old, will be updated soon)

However, if you're not convinced by the examples, or feel they don't represent the genre you're looking for, feel free to get in contact with me and request a personalized sample related to your project, to see if I would be a good match for it. I work fairly quickly and can more than likely get something back to you on the day of your request, or the next day, depending on how busy I am.

Additionally, I am fairly comfortable with working within Ren'Py, and can handle any of the matters that take place alongside the writing if so needed. This includes adding in the cues for music, placing sprites, making choice menus, coding in the variables for points with characters and so on. (I've also been dipping my toes into creating custom screens and UIs, though I suppose that isn't strictly related to writing.)

Finally, some closing notes on things:

- As mentioned at the start, I am only seeking paid work at the moment. Prices, however, are not set at a fixed rate, and may be discussed on a case by case basis, depending on the level of work required and the budgets given.

- Please have a solid idea of what you want written, with a potential plot and characters worked out. However, if you wish to come up with a story together, that can be fine, too as I can happily work with the vaguest of concepts. But you have to be clear at the start, whether you want me to adapt from existing material, or brainstorm up stuff with you.

Aaaaand that's about it~

I look forward to working with you all on some awesome projects and am really excited to see what might come my way. If you are interested in potentially working with me, please either post your queries within this thread, PM me, or reach me by email at liam.d.coll@googlemail.com

Thank you for your time!
Current Project--Writing Services [OPEN]

LiamExe
Regular
Projects: Locked Souls
itch: liamexe

Re: Writer looking for work! [Open]

#2 Post by LiamExe »

Hello,

I'm open for writing commissions again! I'd also just like to take a moment to apologise to those that may have contacted me over these last couple of months and received little in the way of response. Without going into too much detail, I'll just say that a family member was hospitalised (and still currently is in hospital, though doing a lot better) and that I was away from the computer for many days at a time, unable to focus on work due to all that was going on.

Still, I understand that I should have been clearer about these kinds of things and have communicated them better, rather than going completely silent on everyone.
Current Project--Writing Services [OPEN]