Writer/Editor (Paid/Trade/Partner) [Closed Until August]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Suika
Regular

Writer/Editor (Paid/Trade/Partner) [Closed Until August]

#1 Post by Suika »

I am currently writing comfortably for two projects.

I am still able to offer Editing/Proofreading, and am also able to help flesh out characters or plot outlines.

However, script writing will be closed until August 2016.
Hello!

I'm a writer hoping to get involved in a couple VN projects by offering freelance writing services. I'm a native English speaker, and can offer writing, editing|proofreading, and world/character building.

Some information:
  • I am willing to write in any themes/genres, but I prefer the following: Fantasy/Medieval, Adventure, Economic/Political Intrigue, Historical, Time Travel, Powerful Lead Characters
  • I don't have much experience in, but wish to improve the following genres: Horror, Psychological, Comedy, Slice of Life
  • I can work from an outline, or a rough concept
  • I can write outlines, world-building material, or character designs if desired
  • I'm open to a round of editing and minor rewrites.
Samples
These samples are fairly diverse in style. Please be aware that I am willing to experiment with different writing styles, or mimic a particular style you like from the samples below.
Blacksmith
Realistic Fiction in Letter Format
Medieval / Time Slip
Modern

Pricing
My prices are negotiable, and I know what it's like working with a small budget. With that in mind, I charge 1 cent per word for editing, 2 cents per word for writing, and 1 cents per 5 words for proofreading, but I am willing to discuss alternative compensation (see below). Rates for character and world building vary (depending on how much research & peripheral effort is involved), but I hope to find an agreement that works with your budget (e.g. I am willing to accept royalties or similar - see below).

Trades/Other Compensation
Instead of money, I am also willing to accept art, and in some cases programming as payment. I am also willing to take royalties or deferred payment in place of cash-up-front. In these cases I will need a reasonable guarantee that the project will succeed, such as a strong team, assets already in place, sufficient planning/organization, etc.

Terms
  • I accept Paypal
  • I am open to both free and commercial projects
  • I am comfortable with milestone payments, but am willing to consider other payment plans depending on the project. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a preferred process.
  • Long projects (over 40 000 words) may be subject to additional fees/compensation/royalties
Contact
If you're interested, please PM me with the following details, and any questions you have:
  • Genres/Themes
  • Project Description
  • Characters or World details you have in mind (any details are helpful, such as the number of characters you envision, some general traits, or full profiles if you have them - although I'm also willing to write these for you)
  • Other details to give me a better understanding of what you want
  • If you want an outline, and if so: how detailed?
  • Do you want character profiles written?
  • Do you want world design? How detailed? Do you want me to build off an existing idea or create something new?
  • How will we be communicating?
  • What is the project timeline? Do you have any deadlines or milestones for the writing?
I look forward to hearing more about your project (: