Paid or Unpaid Writing, Editing, Proofreading!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Cipher
Discord: Cipher#5605

Paid or Unpaid Writing, Editing, Proofreading!

#1 Post by Cipher »

About Me

At present I am a high school student who goes by the handle of Cipher, though you can find me credited as CipherSeraph as well. I have been writing as a hobby for about 5 years now, particularly through RPing and volunteer work. I enjoy reading as well, though I can't say I have a favourite genre as far as reading or writing goes.
Genre, Style, and Availability
- I am willing to work with any genre and any sort of material, though I prefer SFW content. As for tense, I can write in past or present. With regard to perspective, I have experience in both first and third person narrative.

- I am available every day, though this fluctuates depending on my schoolwork. As a rough estimate, the maximum I tend to spend on work is 6-8 hours on weekends, and 3-5 on weekdays. Should I become too bogged down by work, this thread's title will be edited to reflect that.

- I prefer having an outline to work with. Even if this outline is as simple as one paragraph outlining the premise, it will suffice.

- There is no limit to the amount of words I am willing to work with, though I ask that projects with 100k+ words have slightly more flexible deadlines, due to my status as a student.

- I prefer working in Google Docs or Microsoft Word, though I can use Renpy as well.
- Do note, however: my Renpy experience is highly limited. I am able to program the script, but am not able to make transitions, sound effects, or anything of that nature. (At least not at present.)
- English is my first and only language.

Experience

- I have written news articles for both my school's online newspaper as well as a non-profit organization. I have also edited articles for the former from time to time.
- I was co-writer and editor on Lifted Dreams under the handle CipherSeraph.
- I worked with Sekai Project on a VN that went unfinished.
- I edited a VN of Shortycake's.
- I have worked through other websites as a ghost-writer on various short stories. (Unable to name names due to confidentiality.)

- Willing to send writing samples of any kind upon request. (Please indicate the genre you have in mind.)

Payment

- For the purpose of further establishing my name, I am willing to take on projects that are 10k words or less for free.
- When paid: Paypal only.
- Negotiable rates.
- Though I have not set a precedent for editing and/or proofreading, typically 5 cents/word is what I charge for original writing.

Contact Info

- I would prefer that all initial contact go through the site's PM system.
- Skype and E-mail are available upon request.
- DOES NOT allow contact via social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

Please ask any questions you might have. I'd be more than willing to answer them.

lunaistar
Regular
Completed: Soul Resomance
Organization: Kirakirawings
itch: lunailegends

Re: Paid or Unpaid Writing, Editing, Proofreading!

#2 Post by lunaistar »

Are you able to do it for commercial purposes as well? Also do you know how to send a PM?