Writer Represent! [Busy, free most likely]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Tracy Bullet
Regular

Writer Represent! [Busy, free most likely]

#1 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Hey, bros!

Here's the situation: you're looking for a writer, and you have a LOT of options. Why should you choose me? I'm here to answer that question through a series of charts and graphs. No, I'm kidding. I'm not better than anyone! Heck, I would hedge a bet that there loads of people on here better than me. You want go against that? I have $50 ready. I am a flake. I am irritating. I am always anxious and acting as a perfectionist. I am...up very late and totally pumped right now.

I'm not making a good case for myself, and that's a good thing. I want to be totally transparent on first meeting, not a false pretense in which I convince you that I am the most amazing thing you've ever met. Speaking of transparency, you deserve samples of my work to see what skills I got. I do have an old, outdated portfolio somewhere around here, but I'd rather make this offer: you tell me what you're looking for as for genre, format, and style, and I make you a sample flash fiction (500 words give or take) custom fit. This way, we both know from the get go if I am right for the position. I stress that if you feel like I'm not, don't half-heartedly go for me as "good enough" or someone who "might get better." I want your project to be what you want and the absolute best it can be. If that's not me, then that's not me. Don't settle when this project is your passion.

Ok, so why am I doing this? Why would someone who is convincing you at all turns not to hire her be posting in this forum at all. Simple: I'M BORED. Ok, let me rephrase that. I'm a professional blogger for children's beauty for a children's salon (like l'il l'il kids, nothing too cool), and I have a writing and marketing internship. It's awesome. It really is. I LOVE working for these people and having these opportunities and getting to write as an actual job. I'm so lucky and blessed. But -

If I have to write about nails again without an outlet for my love of fiction
I will scream

And then neighbors will call the cops, and they'll start looking for bodies... It'll be a mess. YOU have the power to prevent that mess.
Also, I just really miss being part of a team. It's always so much fun to work with other people.

In conclusion, if you choose me, you're in for a wild ride, but I promise I will try my best. *grips your shirt desperately* I'm talented, I swear!
Last edited by Tracy Bullet on Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

warmsundae
Regular
Soundcloud: lanterny

Re: Writer Represent! [Open, free most likely]

#2 Post by warmsundae »

cool intro. it's nice to see that you like working in a team, and somehow I don't doubt your skill, so I hope you get hired soon!

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#3 Post by Katta »

Hey, don't you want to pick up writing about Cat's theatre? That'd be cool because I really liked your style. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOp ... obilebasic

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#4 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Katta wrote:Hey, don't you want to pick up writing about Cat's theatre? That'd be cool because I really liked your style. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOp ... obilebasic
Whoa, I left to pursue my own project what feels like forever ago. I thought for sure this was done by now. Beauty, count me in!

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#5 Post by Tracy Bullet »

warmsundae wrote:cool intro. it's nice to see that you like working in a team, and somehow I don't doubt your skill, so I hope you get hired soon!
Thank you for your belief in me! :D

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#6 Post by Mama J »

I really love how straight-forward you are with your pitch. Like, that's also the kind of person I am, so I love it. You said you wanted to work with a team, yes? Well, I'm in the middle of projects right now and aren't able to prioritize what I want to prioritize at the moment because my teammate disappeared on me... again. I'm sure she doesn't mean to do it, hehe... Also, I'm just looking to expand my game dev company so, legit, I'm like interested in hiring more people who are passionate and trustworthy and - most importantly - dependable.

So, I'm really desperate to work with another writer, as you can see! So, I'd like to see how good you are with writing romance/suspense/drama/comedy kind of genre. One that includes, like, idols such as models, musicians, actors, etc. Let me know if you need more information or anything because I'd be happy to oblige!

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#7 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Mama J wrote:I really love how straight-forward you are with your pitch. Like, that's also the kind of person I am, so I love it. You said you wanted to work with a team, yes? Well, I'm in the middle of projects right now and aren't able to prioritize what I want to prioritize at the moment because my teammate disappeared on me... again. I'm sure she doesn't mean to do it, hehe... Also, I'm just looking to expand my game dev company so, legit, I'm like interested in hiring more people who are passionate and trustworthy and - most importantly - dependable.

So, I'm really desperate to work with another writer, as you can see! So, I'd like to see how good you are with writing romance/suspense/drama/comedy kind of genre. One that includes, like, idols such as models, musicians, actors, etc. Let me know if you need more information or anything because I'd be happy to oblige!
Hee, no promises I'll be able to join, but I will happily make you a sample. I like games with idols very much, actually. Maybe you can recommend me some more to play.