Proofreader & Editor! [Free + Hire, CLOSED]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

Proofreader & Editor! [Free + Hire, CLOSED]

#1 Post by timepatches »

ahh, what a shiny thread

about me
Hi! Nice to meet you!
I'm pretty new to this forum (and to VNs in general to be honest) but I love the genre, and I find the format and how engaging they can be really wonderful and inspiring. Not to mention working in a team and helping to develop a game can be so much fun. I have a lot of experience with editing and proofing - I'm two years into my editing/publishing degree (I'm on sabbatical from studying at the moment for mental health reasons), and I've done a lot of beta and edit work for friends' personal projects, not to mention my own. I've also worked with a few writers whose first language isn't English, so if adapting your VN from another language is what you're after I can definitely help with that!
The way I write conversationally can look quite casual but I assure you I'm literate c;

what i can do for you
Editing and proofing - making your script as clean, shiny, and error-free as possible! I love taking great writing and helping to shape it into something even greater. I don't currently know how to code in Ren'py format, but I can read it well enough now, so no worries if your work is already coded ;w;
I also love being involved in the idea stage of creating things, so if your project isn't quite at the editing stage yet and you need someone to brainstorm with, I'd still love to be involved!
I do consider myself a writer so, if needed, I can write little pieces, but I'd much prefer to work with existing material.
Willing to work on NSFW/hentai projects, ask me for specifics c:
I'm happy to be involved if you're working with tight deadlines, but since I have a full-time job I might not be able to squeeze in big projects (or at least, not quickly!).

paid work?
I am absolutely willing to work with both commercial and non-commercial projects!
My rates are free for short non-commercial projects for now since I don't have a ton of experience with VNs.
Long free projects may require some kind of payment for my work so feel free to check with me first (10k+ words is my benchmark for paid work - feel free to enquire about this though! If I'm interested in a project there's some wiggle room c; )
I would appreciate rev share or a one-time payment for commercial projects. Rates are negotiable depending on the scope of your project!

current status:
Open for short projects!
Ask me about editing for longer projects!
I'm working with my team on a project of our own right now so progress on commissions will be prioritised, but may not be fast.

past projects:
Angels with Scaly Wings - released
Disencounters - released
Hunting Fable - unreleased

contact me
PMs on Lemmasoft are fine, but you can also hit me up via Discord @timepatches, or by email, timepatches/at/gmail.com.
(If you add me on Discord, please let me know you're from Lemma first, so I don't mistake you for a spammer or bot c; )
Last edited by timepatches on Tue May 02, 2023 1:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

Re: Proofreader & Editor! [Free + Hire, OPEN]

#2 Post by timepatches »

some long-running computer issues resolved, and I'm back in business!
open for project enquiries, big and small c:
ImageImage Image

★☆ currently: DEMIDATO RELEASED MARCH 14 \ *°▽°* /
i appreciate honest critique!