Experienced writer, looking for a mid-sized project to join.

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Zodai

Experienced writer, looking for a mid-sized project to join.

#1 Post by Zodai »

Submissions are currently closed.

Greetings. ^-^

My name is Zodai - I've been involved in writing since late 2011, and involved in Visual Novels for three or four years as well. Nothing I've been involved in has yet come to fruition, so seeing as I'm freed up again I'm looking for a project to join and assist on.

For now, I've a number of samples you may be interested in. Some of these are complete short stories, where others are story beginnings I've yet to fully flesh out.

Broken Divide - Scene 1,Scene 2 - August 2015
Red Streets Below - September 2016
Red Lily Wandering - Prologue, Draft. Both unfinished. August 2016
Maid of the Manor - September 2016
A Worn Smile - Written under a 350 word limit - July 2016
The Corpses on the Beach - Written under a 750 word limit - July 2016
Withering Away - August 2016

If you feel like these are insufficient, give me a concept and I can try to come up with something for about 1,000 words or so.

Please contact me through email at Zynkaru@gmail.com , as I'll be much more likely to see it then. Preferred project length is 20,000-40,000 words. Paid projects are preferred, but I am willing to negotiate should money be tight and I have a genuine interest in the project at hand. Am willing to work either as a main writer or as a side writer, whether a specific route or more general story.

The standard I would ask is $0.03 per word, half upon first draft completion and half after editing and release. Say if I wrote 10,000 words for the project, that's $150 at the first draft/story end and $150 after release, after sales come in assuming the project is commercial. Editing will be free barring full scene rewrites or the addition of entirely new scenes. Scenes outside of the work itself used to get a grasp on characters or further examples of my style of course, will be free assuming this is not abused. I am willing to come up with plans that more readily fit the development budget of smaller teams.

I have strengths in Mystery and Horror, whereas I have weaknesses in Romance and Slice of Life but am willing to learn. I'm more likely to take up the project based on the levels of internal conflict and character development - I write for the characters to grow from their conflicts and for the reader to grow alongside them. Have a preference for more emotionally grounded or serious stories, and expect me to focus heavily on character. Setting-wise I have an interest in early 1800s, late 1900s all the way up to modern times, near-future and full science fiction/fantasy.

I'd also like some degree of input on a scenario level as well, as if the concept has captured the imagination then I tend to work through the pieces in my head to see what works and how to improve on it. If it hasn't, then there's a very good chance I haven't found something in the story to be confident in yet and should work on finding it. That said, please let me know what the fundamental ideas and core themes are so I can find something that works best within what's already been established.

I see writing just as much as a science as it is an art - an understanding of the foundational rules around creating a story are important. If there is a problem in the outline that causes issues further down the line, or means the concept or fundamental ideas at hand is not living up to their potential, we shift around the pieces until it works. It is heavily preferred that the project lead be capable of communicating clearly through this process.

I have little to no experience in 18+ or sexual elements, but am willing to try provided the fetishes involved are not too extreme and I've garnered an understanding and emotional interest in the characters involved. Furthermore, I'm not interested in furry-related topics or stories.

Please contact me if you're interested, and I look forward to your response.