(CLOSED) Writer, editor, proofreader, other [ Free/Trade ]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Emilily
Regular

(CLOSED) Writer, editor, proofreader, other [ Free/Trade ]

#1 Post by Emilily »

Hello!
I am Emily Flairing, a writer, editor and proofreader who does so purely as a hobby. I would like to improve upon my writing skills, and get to know the community as well and what projects they may be working on. As a hobbyist, I have been writing for around five years now. My native language is English, so I am able to correct grammar mistakes in your script.

Many people I talk to describe me as random (in a good way, of course.), nice and flexible. In my free time, I like to read other visual novels in this community, both freeware and commercial. . .mostly freeware, since I can only afford so much commercial games. I also like to hang out with friends and talk about anime, manga and games.
There are a few (five total) general things that I would like to address before you decide to recruit me. It is appreciated if you take the time to read through these. If not all of it, then at least the bolded text.
  • Recruiting me for both freeware and paid games are alright. Even though I am offering you services for free, that does not mean that I am unable to work on paid projects (see down below). Short term and long term are also both alright.
  • Please do not recruit me for a project that has a tight deadline. I am fine with working under a deadline though. Tight deadlines make me stressed, and with school going on, it's something I am unable to handle at the moment. Make sure deadlines are reasonable before recruiting me.
  • Credit me for the work I do. This applies to all the projects. If you decide to recruit me for your project, I would like to be credited unless I end up dropping in the middle, for whatever reason, which is unlikely (see below).
  • Please have flexibility and/or respect for me and my life. I am unable to work on your project for 365 days per year, 52 weeks per year, 7 days per week, and 24 hours per day (I believe this applies to everybody). I have a life that I must attend to, and I want you to understand that I have to prioritize things like school and family. If I have to drop out, which is unlikely (I don't have a history of dropping out, though I may go on hiatus a few times if needed), I will make sure to let you know beforehand.
  • For paid projects, all I ask for "payment" is the entire digital copy of the game (mobile or PC) or another commercial game (PC) completely for free. I am a hobbyist writer, not a freelance writer. I write for enjoyment, not for money. However, I do ask for some more payment other than crediting me on the thread for paid or commercial projects, as per everybody (who may charge more for paid projects).
Note- grammatical errors within the samples below are unintentional, and I ask you to excuse them as needed.
Shooting Star, a Cinderella Phenomenon fan-fiction. [ ~500 words ]
hour of fire and water, a one-shot. [ ~700 words ]
[ Closed ] Writing - writing out various scenes, routes, and events that happen throughout the story; having the characters and plot come to life. For a list of the things I can and can't do, visit here.
  1. Caged Heart, Circe2300
  2. In-dev VN, blossy [ paid request ]
[ Closed ] Editing - picking out potential awkward phrases and blocks; filling in potential plot holes and provide suggestions to changes (to make story more reasonable, flowing, etc.)
  1. Ethereal Creatures, LadyOfGatsby.
  2. Thereafter: A Medieval Life, aeri.
[ Open ] Proofreading - correcting any basic grammatical errors, such as comma splices.
  1. Crimson Regret, HarukaNami
  2. ( open )
[ Open ] Other - this includes idea bouncing, possibly song writing.
  1. ( open )
  2. ( open )
Updates
  • 12/17/16 : Trading services are open! (See below)
  • 12/30/16 : Trading slots are now up to date as of 12/30. (See below)
  • 01/07/17 : Some free slots for writing, editing and proofreading have been opened for short- to medium-term projects. (See above)
  • 01/15/17 : All project listing and slots are up-to-date.
  • 02/02/17 : Slots are up-to-date.
To contact me, you can send a private message here, or send an email to lily_flairing@yahoo.com, and I will get back to you as soon as possible (within a day or so). If you want, you can also add me to Skype using the email address I mentioned before. Please make sure you send information about the project setting, characters and possibly already-finished visuals/arts, or a link to a work-in-progress thread. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in a reply.

Thank you for reading!
I hope to be able to work with you soon.
Last edited by Emilily on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 am, edited 12 times in total.

Emilily
Regular

Re: Writer, editor, proofreader, other [ Free ]

#2 Post by Emilily »

Hi there!
I would like to visit this again to drop in some updates. First of all, writing and editing for free will be closed at the moment. Both projects, Caged Heart and Ethereal Creatures, will both take more than a year to complete. A more precise estimation would be Caged Heart would take approximately three years (according to Circe), and Ethereal Creatures would take around two years as a cap to complete. In regards to proofreading and other needed assets, there is still one slot open. If you need any proofreading, I would be happy to help!

I would also like to present another announcement: I am opening up writing, editing and proofreading services, but not necessarily for free. I am currently working on a project (I am putting my other one for a later date; that project is still in its extremely early stages of development, so I can not do much with it at the moment) about the 7 deadly sins.

This is also a rather large project, but it definitely shorter than the other one I have planned about the Zodiac. If you are interested in my services, and would like to trade while the free slots are closed, feel free to shoot an email over to lily_flairing@yahoo.com, or if you so prefer, just send a private message my way. All of the trading terms will be negotiated in private.

[ Closed ] Writing (see the top post for samples)
  1. ( closed ) { Background art }
  2. ( closed ) { Sprite and/or CG art }
  3. ( closed ) { Interface/screening art }
[ Closed ] Editing
  1. ( closed ) { Music and Sound }
  2. Heart of Thorns, Alice Malice { Logo art }
[ Open ] Proofreading
  1. ( closed ) { Chibi art }
  2. ( open ) { Other }
Last edited by Emilily on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

Re: Writer, editor, proofreader, other [ Free/Trade ]

#3 Post by MoonStar »

hi are you still free/open?

Emilily
Regular

#4 Post by Emilily »

MoonStar wrote:hi are you still free/open?
The writing and editing for free has been closed/reserved until further notice, but if you think your project really fits my interest, you can give me a go and send me information about your project. However, other positions that are open for me are proofreading your project and other things, including idea bouncing and song writing. Also, I am open for trading as well (see above post) if you have that skillset you would like to offer for my project in exchange for my services.

Otherwise, the free slots are closed unless I personally reach out to you about your project from the recruitment or work-in-progress forums out of my own volition. Thanks for asking, and I hope we can work together sometime! Also, I really apologize for my lateness in replying; I don't check my own forum threads too much as much as my own e mail or private message inbox.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#5 Post by MoonStar »

Emilily wrote:
MoonStar wrote:hi are you still free/open?
The writing and editing for free has been closed/reserved until further notice, but if you think your project really fits my interest, you can give me a go and send me information about your project. However, other positions that are open for me are proofreading your project and other things, including idea bouncing and song writing. Also, I am open for trading as well (see above post) if you have that skillset you would like to offer for my project in exchange for my services.

Otherwise, the free slots are closed unless I personally reach out to you about your project from the recruitment or work-in-progress forums out of my own volition. Thanks for asking, and I hope we can work together sometime! Also, I really apologize for my lateness in replying; I don't check my own forum threads too much as much as my own e mail or private message inbox.
Thanks, what services would you want in exchange for your writting?

Emilily
Regular

Re: (CLOSED) Writer, editor, proofreader, other [ Free/Trade

#6 Post by Emilily »

Until I have finished the projects and my own projects, I would like to close my services. Despite knowing that proofreading and other services are still open, I still would like to close my services due to the sheer number of projects I have taken up. Plus, over the past few days, I have gotten quite a few people who messaged me saying they were interested - I will go over the projects and pick one that best suit my interest and then services from me will then be permanently closed until further notice. Thank you for your interest, guys!