[free ▹ closed atm] Writer | Editor | Idea Bouncer (paid)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
LunarNoir

[free ▹ closed atm] Writer | Editor | Idea Bouncer (paid)

#1 Post by LunarNoir »

◦ Lunar Noir ◦
Hello! My name is Lina. I am new to this community; I hope we can get along!
I decided to open some writing and editing services for your visual novel.
My passion lies in romance - mostly dark fantasy and some slice of life.
Also, I have an aspiring interest towards science fiction and boy’s love.
I am also able to do stories with (J)RPG elements, as long as the general story interests me.
Also, I am able to do otome and bishoujo. Any rating is fine - writing 18+ is not my strength.
It is something I am always open to do though!

Update @ 2/22/17: As of now, I am closing free work (temporarily), and paid commissions that are writing for an entire visual novel.
I can still accept any editing requests you may have though. Please message me if you are interested.
I may accept paid work if it is not for writing an entire visual novel or kinetic novel.
As for idea bouncing, I am and will always be open to doing that kind of stuff, so please do send a message if you want that.
Thank you in advance for your interest, and for your visit; I hope we may have an opportunity to work together!

Writing
I do not charge on a per-word basis. I do both free work and paid commissions.
The price will depend on the complexity and length of the commission you wish.
I can write in a few styles - some of them are still improving.
Regarding any other style you are interested in, please message or e mail me.
Three writing samples of slightly differing styles may be seen below. More may be added soon if the commissioner permits.
[ IIIIII ]

Editing
I do not charge on a per-word basis. I do both free work and paid commissions.
The price will depend on which type of editing and length of the commission you wish.
There are two types of editing that I am able to do: flow and characterization.
Flow is making sure to eliminate awkwardness within the story.
Characterization is ensuring characters stay in-character throughout the story.
I am better and have more experience in making sentences flow than characterization editing.

Idea bouncing
I do not charge anything for idea bouncing monetarily.
In some cases, both detailed story and character information is required to idea bounce.
I can idea bounce in two ways in total.
One is building off of ideas you already have.
The other is asking questions to push your thought process.

Pricing
All monetary transactions will be made in USD by PayPal.
Payments are made upfront unless the order exceeds $200, to which 50% is paid upfront.
Edit: Another option is giving me a portion of crowdfunding money after the campaign, but I did try to make prices affordable and flexible to all.
Prices may be negotiated as needed - as long as it is within the range of corresponding pricing/exceeds base price.

For any one-month event like NaNo, SuNoFes, etc. all will be offered by me for free.
Additionally, short-term projects (less than one month or less than about 35K words) are also free.
This applies to both writing, editing, and idea bouncing. There will be limited slots of free work.

For long-term free and paid projects, all will be offered by me for a price.
Long term projects refer to stories that are more than one month.
Prices before the slash are referring to free projects - the ones after for paid.
Writing for one (or a couple) paths for your story will only be writing for part of your story.
Writing the entirety of your story will have different pricing.
There will be limited slots for paid work.
If you have any other request, please message or e mail me.

Writing one path or character route: $40 - $55 per path / $55 - $75 per path
Writing entire long-term kinetic novel: $45 - $75 / $85 - $95
Writing entire long-term visual novel: $100 - $145 / $150 - $200
Editing one path or character route: $15 - $30 per path / $45 - $60 per path
Editing entire long-term kinetic novel: $40 - $75 / $75 - $90
Editing entire long-term visual novel: $85 - $100 / $120 - $160

Contact
My e mail is lunarnoir@yahoo.com. Normally, I check my inbox once or twice every day.
I check my private message inbox when I receive a message.
I do not have e mail notifications set when you send a private message, so it may take a while.
I also have a Skype. I prefer to keep it to myself though.
In your message, please tell me about your project. You may use this template below if you wish.
-Synopsis: (what is your story about?)
-Genre(s): (what type of romantic genre(s) [otome, bishoujo, etc.] or general genre(s) is it/are there?)
-Rating: (Is it suitable for people under the age of 16 or 18, or is it only suitable for those who exceed that age?)

-Characters: (main cast.)
  • [Character name]
    (description of personality.)
  • [Character name]
  • [Character name]
  • (Keep listing until you have reached the end of your main cast.)
-Project type: (Is it free or for a price?)
-Commission type: (writing and/or editing one route or entire visual novel, or entire kinetic novel? Or something else you may request.)
-Commission style: (Writing: style I., II., III., or another one you may request? Editing: flow or characterization? Idea bouncing: Building off or thought-pushing questions?)
-Payment preference: (How much do you offer - based off of your own budget? Remember that payment is negotiable. If it is free work, just say something like “free”, “$0”, “N/A”, etc.)

-Deadline(s): (If you have any deadlines, please state them. Be aware that if I feel that I can’t meet it, I will reject your request - be it paid or free work.)
-Finished art asset(s): (Sprites, CGs, BGs, UI, anything art-related.)
-Other: (Are there other things that I need to be aware of joining your project?)
Final notes
I reserve the right to turn down your project if I feel like the deadline is unreasonable.
I also reserve the right to turn it down if the storyline and/or visuals does not appeal to me.
You will not always get the price you want - prices are negotiable.
I really hope to be able to work with you sometime! Thank you very much for reading!
Last edited by LunarNoir on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

LunarNoir

Re: [free ▹ closed atm] Writer | Editor | Idea Bouncer (paid

#2 Post by LunarNoir »

Here is an update that was posted a while ago, but I figured posting updates in a new post will help as well?
As of now, I am closing free work (temporarily), and paid commissions that are writing for an entire visual novel.
I can still accept any editing requests you may have though. Please message me if you are interested.
I may accept paid work if it is not for writing an entire visual novel or kinetic novel.
As for idea bouncing, I am and will always be open to doing that kind of stuff, so please do send a message if you want that.
Thank you in advance for your interest, and for your visit; I hope we may have an opportunity to work together!