Cheap experienced bilingual proofreader/translator! [ES+EN]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
unicodepepper

Cheap experienced bilingual proofreader/translator! [ES+EN]

#1 Post by unicodepepper »

So.... If I want to stay in college, I need to gather $2,500.00 in the next 60 days, so here's the thing:

I have been working on part time for a company that offers these services to fancy people, charging as much as $0.08/word (for the most expensive plans), but since my salary is way less than that, I'm not in the best economic position, so to speak.

So I decided, since I've been interested in making visual novels for a while now, to try my luck on this, since I really really want to keep studying this year.

I'm a native Spanish speaker, and pretty fluent in English, so with that in mind...

The pricing:

I'll be charging $0.01/word for translating your work AND proofreading the original, either form Spanish to English or from English to Spanish.
You can use the "Extract dialogue" option in ren'py to check how many words I'd translate, in a comfortable txt format.

Also, the first 3 people to message me will get a 50% discount because I'm that desperate.

I can also take care of other things, such as helping you write summaries/answer to comments/other stuff after the translation is published, if you want.

If you're sitting there like "why would I want to translate my visual novel to Spanish/English", check out this cool pic called "List of languages by number of native speakers.png":

Spanish and English are best buds :3 don't let them down!

Shoot me an email to (my username) @ gmail.com and I'll get back to you within 24 hours! (I didn't want to write the actual email because bots can get it and send you spam :<)

Also you can message me through PM or leave a comment here but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get back to you as quick as I'd do if you message me by email.

If you have a specific request that I didn't cover here (like just proofreading without translation or something), we can work that out!

I think I covered all the points, so have a nice day!

Banana
Tumblr: waitingformycoffin

Re: Cheap experienced bilingual proofreader/translator! [ES+

#2 Post by Banana »

Hey there! I was wondering if you knew any Spanish-language visual novel communities that you could market the translated VNs to?

unicodepepper

Re: Cheap experienced bilingual proofreader/translator! [ES+

#3 Post by unicodepepper »

The first step would be to make a post about the novel (in Tumblr or WordPress or whatever you prefer to use). There are a bunch of Spanish visual novel blogs that would be glad to reblog your post, if you want, but I'd mostly market them through Facebook groups since there is a large bunch of them, especially for indie visual novels

Off the top of my head I can name facebook.com/novela.visual.independiente but there are a bunch of other ones as well. I'd put a link but I'm on mobile so I'm not sure if I can but I hope this helps