Experienced Novelist and Story Consultant Looking for Work

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

Experienced Novelist and Story Consultant Looking for Work

#1 Post by caterwaulings »

UPDATED 6/10/19
An additional endorsement by Rachel A. Marks for her novel Fire and Bone, taken from the acknowledgements of Fire and Bone. I worked with Rachel A. Marks from her initial idea and assisted her in brainstorming it into a full outline and was there with her step by step. The novel reached #2 in fantasy on Amazon, for over a week.

To my weekly savior and plotting guru, Catherine—what, in the name of pants, would this book have been without your amazingly helpful imagination? I don't even want to know. Thank you for all the emergency chats! And for not laughing hysterically when I told you my silly idea.
Hello! I'm Cate and have written numerous novels. I have only published a short story within an anthology, but have worked with editors and agents in various avenues.

I have put up four first chapters of four different novels from different genres for you to read if you would like to see my examples.

Examples on Google Drive, let me know if you cannot access them.

You will be able to see an example of a contemporary urban fantasy, a contemporary romance, a historical fantasy, and a straight fantasy. All of these samples are written in 1st person past tense, but I have other examples that I can provide if you'd like to see my third person, or present tense. I can additionally provide erotic/explicit examples. While these are all from the POV of women, I have no problem writing from a male POV.

I am not interested in charging a ton of money. I am a stay at home mom and would love to earn a bit in order to put money towards the development of my game. What I earn would go into paying artists, composers, etc.

I have also been involved as a consultant for writers, namely someone who has been an Amazon bestseller in urban fantasy (DARKNESS BRUTAL). The first book in her series has almost 1,000 reviews (4.3 average). I worked with her on all three books in the series and am assisting her in the creation of a new series of books that are also urban fantasy and based around Celtic mythology.

She says: "Cate is an amazing inspiration and resource for me. She has a great eye for the detail and complexity of plot, and really gets the importance of brainstorming and working through a story problem to find solutions. She's always encouraging, but she's still honest when things need work. I'm so thankful for her. I really don't know what I'd do without her on my team."

If you would like to have an example of my work as a consultant, I would be willing to provide a very small sample of work for your particular project. I'm still working out how to do this properly. I would be able to help you brainstorm how to deepen a prompt/idea or perhaps how to work on a character. I do not think it would be fair for me to give more than 10-15 minutes of work for free.

Writing fees will depend by project, but my prices will be comparable to others in this forum. We can talk things out.

For consulting work I will charge $80 for the first four hours of work (paid 1/2 before, 1/2 after), and then after that would give you a discounted rate of $15 an hour. Consulting would be done over Skype or Google Hangouts. I will also provide homework and resources in most cases.

Please feel free to ask questions or PM me!
Last edited by caterwaulings on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

caterwaulings
Regular
Organization: Lux Corona Media
Tumblr: luxcorona

Re: Experienced Novelist and Story Consultant Looking for Wo

#2 Post by caterwaulings »

Status update and endorsement!
Cate, Novelist & Story Consultant -- See my info here