✿ (CLOSED) Writer & Jack-of-All-Trades ✿

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

✿ (CLOSED) Writer & Jack-of-All-Trades ✿

#1 Post by AsHLeX »

✿ Who am I ✿

My name is AsHLeX (age 21) and I've been in the visual novel industry for quite awhile now, and have released quite a handful of visual novels into the community already. Since I am mainly a solo developer, I can make an entire short visual novel for you, if that is what you require, although my specialty lies in writing. I can also collaborate as part of your existing team, and I do have experiences working in teams (up to 3 members), although I only do one-off commissions. Before joining the visual novel community, I have also completed a few creative writing pieces, including long novels and short stories.

✿ Who should look for me ✿

1. Want to write a short story for a special occasion?
Fear not, I do not require credit if my creations are not released to the public. I also do ghost writing, but only for personal cases (e.g. birthdays) and not for academic purposes.

2. Want to make a short kinetic or visual novel for a special occasion? Maybe it's a story about how you and your fiancee met, or as a way to convey your feelings to a friend. (It's actually a really good idea and would make a special present to your loved one).
Have an idea that you don't know how to bring to life? Don't have the full budget to commission a whole team of people? Don't want to deal with having to manage a whole team of people at once? New to the whole visual novel making genre and am unsure of how to go about it?

I specialize in solo projects and have successfully completed a handful of projects in the past, using only creative commons resources. I feel that sometimes, people severely underestimate just how much free resources are floating around, and maybe it is extremely intimidating for people who are just starting out. That's where I come in. Since most of my previous projects are solo projects, I have a fair grasp on what existing resources are out there and can act as a sort of filter for you.

e.g. Say you have a story about a girl and a guy who meet at a park and eventually fall in love.
I can help you find the resources (backgrounds, character sprites, music, etc.) required to bring it to life. I am also fully capable of programming a simple enough visual novel (e.g. if your project is a fairly straightforward one with a few routes. No mini-games, no complicated dating sim system.) And of course, as my main job, I will write the story for you. Simply put, I am a jack-of-all-trades and can complete the entire visual novel for you as a one-man show.
(Disclaimer: The backgrounds, character sprites and music are not mine, they're existing resources under creative commons. Because of this, please note that I cannot find very specific resources, e.g. A monkey wearing a dress, although I am able to edit the story to fit the current resources available. PM me and I will let you know what I can work with and what things you would have to compromise on, unless you want to hire an artist.)
Example of short, straightforward projects that I am looking for:
a. Marked: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28213
b. To Fly: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40488
c. Him From The Past: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33088
d. The Change: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31370
Examples of more complicated things that I have done, but is too complicated for me to deal with at the moment:
a. Town of Memories: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33385
b. Starlight Dreamers: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41945&start=0
3. Have all the resources available and only need a writer?
My main skill is writing, both for text-only novels and visual novels. Please note that I prefer to do short stories (anything less than *20k words), but do PM me if you are unsure. *I previously wrote it as 2k words, that was a typo and I apologize.
Short Stories:
a. Marked: http://thebeacon-online.blogspot.com.au ... unner.html
(1st runner up in my college creative writing competition)
b. The Cherry Blossom Girl: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1HKY ... WJTZUlvaTg
I also have another sample that I wrote a few days ago, however I cannot post it here directly due to legal issues, but if you're interested in it, PM me or reply here and I can send it to you. It deals with complex themes like death, suicide, loneliness and finding a meaning in life.
✿ Why should you hire me ✿

I have a fairly quick turnover time and am able to work up to 15 hours in a day. My turnover for scripts is about 5-10k words in a day. My rates are quite affordable, if you require a text-only short story, my going rate is $0.01/word. If you require me to create a complete visual novel, PM me so that I can give you a quote. Depending on the length of your project, I should take about 1 day ~ 1 week to finish it. For short stories that are about 2-3k words in length, payment can be done after the script is finalized.
I am able to work with nothing more than an idea, and at the same time I can also work with a strict outline. I will also provide you with a writing sample for free that is specially crafted to fit your idea if you PM me, after which you are free to judge whether you want to work with me or not.

✿ Rules & Extra Information ✿

I will work on almost every genre, except (1) supernatural that is purely for horror value (2) descriptive sex or overly descriptive romantic scenes, e.g. I can mention that they have sex, but I cannot write a purely eroge scene, as I have no experience in that area and am bound to be bad at it (3) politics.
I specialize in dark topics like death, mental illnesses and bereavement, although I am able to write lighter, happier stories. I am also a 2nd year medical student, so I am able to write stories that contain medically-accurate content, if that is what you require.
I only take on one project at a time, and will update my thread to reflect that, but feel free to send me PM's about your project so that I can get back to you when I re-open (which, depending on the project that I work on, shouldn't take too long, given my turnover rate).
I only do projects that are one-off and do not like committing to long-term projects. I will make sure that everything is OK with you before finalizing, but after that I would prefer if changes need not be made. Payment can be made via PayPal.

✿ How to contact me ✿

Feel free to send me a PM, or reply to this thread. I check it multiple times a day so my reply should be quick.
New demo out 24/12/23!!