Accepting projects now! [nsfw & sfw]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
valaurie

Accepting projects now! [nsfw & sfw]

#1 Post by valaurie »

Hi Everyone!

You can call me V, or Laurie if you'd like. I am a writer and editor who is looking to begin using my abilities to assist game developers in their quest to make games!

I am currently offering my services as a writer for Adult Video Games, as well as non-adult-oriented games. I have been a writer and editor for some time now, and have just recently began using this pen name for Adult stories and projects. Although I am just beginning to work with this new name, I do have a lot of experience creating stories, building plotlines, working with a team, and as I've said, editing professionally.

Here are my current prices for Editing and Writing. Prices may be negotiable depending on your budget, but currently I do not offer free services. I also do not currently offer Translation services.
Editing
  • $0.03 - 0.05 per word
  • This service's cost is based on what is being edited, as well as the format. See below for the formats I can work with presently
  1. Basic Text Files
  2. Ren'py
  3. Python
  4. C/C++/C#
  5. HTML
  6. Java
  7. JavaScript
  • This is an amazing option for games that have been translated to English but need a bit of work from a native speaker to make it feel more authentic.
Writing - Two options available
  • $0.02/word
  • $0.50/line
I offer two options for pricing currently to take into consideration that some games are more text heavy than others. If you plan to have your game be extremely dialogue driven where you expect more than 25 words per line, the $0.50 option will save you money overall.

Freelance Hire
  • Contact for Pricing
With this option, you can hire me to be your writer for more than simply on-demand type requests. If you only need some help occasionally, the PPW or PPL options are best, but if you would like to focus your time on coding and designing your graphics while someone else handles the writing, this option will be perfect for you.

I am currently in the process of making final edits to some stories to publish to my website, https://valauriewrites.com. You can check that site to download these examples once they are completed. Note that the stories themselves are complete, but I am simply in the process of obtaining Cover Images and formatting these for .epub and .mobi readers. If you would like a PDF version of a story without a cover image as an example, that can be arranged. Simply reply here, PM me, or respond via the website's contact form to obtain a copy.

Some final notes before I go:
I mentioned that this "name" is new. That is true. I will not tell you my real name that I have published under. If you and I strike a deal and work together for a while and I feel comfortable with you, I may let you know. For now, that is going to be kept secret. I make a point of telling you that I am published though, because I want you to understand that I am not simply a student or someone trying to expand my craft. I am a writer. That is who I am already. I am using this as a means to move into different categories of writing that I would not feel comfortable associating my real name with. I hope you can understand that.
If you would like to read something that is SFW and unpublished by me, I can arrange that also, so that you can see I don't simply write dirty stories.
I want to help you make your game great. I also want to help you do that with the most affordable service I can offer. Like I said, let me know if you have budget issues and we may be able to work something out, but I will not provide free writing or editing services currently. I will consider offering consultation services to flesh out your storylines, though, for game credit.

Thank you very much for considering me for your project. I hope to hear from you soon!
-V