Free Proofreading/Editing/Idea Bouncing Offered

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
inmorningmist

Free Proofreading/Editing/Idea Bouncing Offered

#1 Post by inmorningmist »

(Priority given towards LGBT/fantasy works!)

I’m a mid-college undergrad and published short-story writer. I've been in a creative slump whilst working on my current solo project’s demo now that writing/editing is done and it’s all technical, so I’m offering free editing or proofreading work for another project in the meantime.

The work I'm offering is free and fairly casual. Specifically, I can proofread your script, provide general editing (over specific line or stylistic choice edits, though I could potentially provide those down the line), and I’m open to talk if you’re feeling stuck yourself and would like someone to bounce some ideas off of! Naturally hermetic tendencies aside, I do find working on a solo project for as long as I have to be a bit isolating, and would love to connect with/assist other creators of a similar ilk and genre tastes :)

My general topics of interest:
-Presence of LGBT themes, as mentioned (girlxgirl mostly, but some boyxboy, too)
-European historical/period themes
-Sword and sorcery-style fantasy/D&D
-Mythology and folklore
-Japanese pop culture/animation
-Cozy/light reads
-Some slice-of-life topics
-Character-driven works

Things I tend to avoid:
-Gore
-Explicit or NSFW themes
-Furry/Anthro
-Mech
-Sci-fi

If this sounds of interest to you, please send me a PM regarding yourself, your project, and the length/amount of work required, and we can chat from there ^^
(You can let me know that you've sent a PM on here, but for the most part I will be replying through the PM itself rather than on this thread.)