Editor/Proofreader With Professional Experience [Free/Paid]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Alstor

Editor/Proofreader With Professional Experience [Free/Paid]

#1 Post by Alstor »

Hey, everyone! I'm Alstor, and I'm just getting started in the VN/story-based game business. I just recently got my undergraduate degree in journalism, and I'm currently interning in the newspaper publishing industry. I have vague ideas for my own VN, but I'm stuck in the planning process due to writer's block and my current living conditions. I feel while I'm figuring that game out, I can use my professional training in editing to good use and offer my services in it.

I'm open for proofing, copy editing, extensive copy editing and idea brainstorming for small to medium projects at this time. For the purposes of this thread, "copy editing" means checking for grammar, flow and style, and "extensive copy editing" involves the same but with selective rewrites of the copy. Also, I am a native English speaker.

Since I'm starting out in the field, my policies are as follows:
  • If your project is non-commercial, I will offer all of my services (proofing, copy editing, extensive copy editing and idea brainstorming) for free.
  • If your project is commercial but under 15k words, I will offer all of my services (proofing, copy editing and copywriting) for free.
  • If your project is commercial and over 15k words, I expect to be paid. Rates will be negotiated in private and will take into account the type of project you have, its content, what servies you're asking for and your deadlines.
Currently, I'm open to most ideas. However, there are some subjects that I prefer, and there are some that I will not do for whatever reason. Of course, I reserve the right to refuse to take part in a project for any reason. My general guidelines are as follows:

Favorites
  • LGBTQ* themes (prefer BxB, but can work with GxG and NB characters)
  • Mental health stores
  • Cozy/light reads
  • Slice-of-life
  • Romance
  • Science fiction
  • Mystery
  • Furry
Will not do
  • Guro/gore/snuff
  • Indecent scenes involving children and anyone under 18 years old
  • Hentai
  • Rape/non-con
  • Just really anything NSFW
I'm currently taking two projects at a time, and one is filled. Feel free to PM me or email me at alstor.otter@gmail.com if you're interested!