I am experienced with writing CYOA text games in Twine (both 1.4 and 2/2.1) and Ink and can certainly write for VNs, including character bios, dialogue, story outlines, final in-game text and so on. Likewise, I can write kinetic novels, especially those with interactivity and choices. I prefer writing science fiction and fantasy, but I'm more than happy to work in other genres, provided that mysteries and detective novels come with a plot outline, as I'm rather rubbish at coming up with mysteries and/or cleverly executed crimes that have an interesting solution.
If you want to commission me, email me at isakgrozny [at] gmail [dot] com or send a PM on these forums or contact me on Discord at LadyIsak#6761. You can also post in this thread indicating interest.
- Here is a short romance game in a fantasy setting that 'I released this February. It's been favourably reviewed on IFDB.
- Here is a short romance/ghost story CYOA game. It won 2nd place in ECTOCOMP and was nominated for XYZZYs 2017 in two categories.
- Visual Novel samples on request, as all I have right now are unreleased WIPs.
I WILL WRITE
- I will write fantasy of all kinds, including high fantasy, urban fantasy, low fantasy, Lovecraftian mythos, Tolkienesque/D&Desque fantasy and modern fantasy.
- I will write science fiction, including soft sci-fi, space opera and adventure stories that happen to feature spaceships.
- I will write slice-of-life stories, including the sort that are just a collection of related vignettes.
- I will write horror, with a strong preference towards comedy-horror.
- I will write romance between consenting adults, regardless of the genders involved (but I'm better at BxB and GxG than BxG).
- I will write gay, bisexual, lesbian and trans characters, including non-binary characters.
- I will write characters of any gender, actually.
- I will write action-adventure.
- I will write Twines, content for conventional RPGs, content for Visual Novels and Kinetic Novels, CYOA text adventures and so forth.
- I will work from someone else's outline.
- I will consider jobs of any size.
- I will not write romance between a minor (under 18) and an adult (over 18), regardless of the genders or precise ages involved. Large age gaps between adults in a romantic relationship will be assessed on a per-case basis.
- I will not write romanticised abuse a lá Twilight.
- I will not write rape apologia or anything that paints rape, sexual harassment and ignoring limits as good, morally neutral, sexy or exciting.
- I will not work with overt Christian themes or imagery; secularised Christian imagery and themes (Christmas, Messiah narratives, that kind of thing) need discussion. (Purely because I won't be able to do this any kind of justice—these stories have a place, but as a semi-observant Jew, I'd be pretty rubbish at evoking Narnia.)
- I will not write sexualised violence against women or queer people.
- Sexual content will be assessed on a per-case basis. I reserve the right to veto writing anything I am uncomfortable with or anything that squicks me.
- I require half the payment upfront. Payment will be through PayPal. I charge in USD for simplicity.
- 2c per word for the first 10 000 words.
- 3c per word thereafter.
- I must be credited in the finished game.
- Ghostwriting rates are 4c per word. This is for content that will not be credited to me.
I can offer a turn-around of a couple of days on work not exceeding 2 000 words; longer jobs will take longer, but my general speed is 1 000 words a day, including editing, so you shouldn't have to wait long.