I Am Visual Novel Writer - PAID, CHEAP (2c per word)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
isak grozny
Regular
Projects: The Bitter Drop [Modern Fantasy][Gay Romance][BxB]
itch: grrozny

I Am Visual Novel Writer - PAID, CHEAP (2c per word)

#1 Post by isak grozny »

Hi! My name is Isak or Zack. I'm a 26-year-old writer and programmer living in the UK. I write Interactive Fiction and Visual Novels.

I am experienced with writing CYOA text games in Twine (both 1.4 and 2/2.1) and Ink and can certainly write for VNs, including character bios, dialogue, story outlines, final in-game text and so on. Likewise, I can write kinetic novels, especially those with interactivity and choices. I prefer writing science fiction and fantasy, but I'm more than happy to work in other genres; a solid plot outline is welcome, but unnecessary. I'm proficient with Ren'Py, so I can produce finished .rpy scripts, eliminating the need for a programmer to integrate the finished prose into the game.

I also offer plotting services: given criteria, desired genre, setting information and character profiles, I produce a 4-page plot synopsis.

CONTACT
If you want to commission me, email me at isakgrozny [at] gmail [dot] com or send a PM on these forums or contact me on Discord at LadyIsak#6761. You can also post in this thread indicating interest.

SAMPLES
  • Here is a short romance game in a fantasy setting that 'I released this February. It's been favourably reviewed on IFDB.
  • Here is a short romance/ghost story CYOA game. It won 2nd place in ECTOCOMP and was nominated for XYZZYs 2017 in two categories.
  • Visual Novel samples on request, as all I have right now are unreleased WIPs.
I can also provide one free 500-1000 word sample for your project on request, if you're not sure I'm a good fit.

I WILL WRITE
  • I will write fantasy of all kinds, including high fantasy, urban fantasy, low fantasy, Lovecraftian mythos, Tolkienesque/D&Desque fantasy and modern fantasy.
  • I will write science fiction, including soft sci-fi, space opera and adventure stories that happen to feature spaceships.
  • I will write slice-of-life stories, including the sort that are just a collection of related vignettes.
  • I will write horror, with a strong preference towards comedy-horror.
  • I will write violent content and gore, as long as the content and imagery are not hateful towards marginalised groups.
  • I will write romance between consenting adults, regardless of the genders involved (but I'm better at BxB and GxG than BxG).
  • I will write gay, bisexual, lesbian and trans characters, including non-binary characters.
  • I will write characters of any gender, actually.
  • I will write action-adventure.
  • I will write Twines, content for conventional RPGs, content for Visual Novels and Kinetic Novels, CYOA text adventures and so forth.
  • I will work from someone else's outline.
  • I will consider jobs of any size.
I WON'T WRITE
  • I will not write romance between a minor (under 18) and an adult (over 18), regardless of the genders or precise ages involved. Large age gaps between adults in a romantic relationship will be assessed on a per-case basis.
  • I will not write rape/dubcon.
  • I will not write sexualised violence against women or LGBT+ people.
  • Sexual content will be assessed on a per-case basis. I reserve the right to veto writing anything I am uncomfortable with or anything that squicks me.
PRICING & ATTRIBUTION
  • I require half the payment upfront. Payment will be through PayPal. I charge in USD for simplicity.
  • 2c per word
  • I must be credited in the finished game.
  • Ghostwriting rates are 3c per word. This is for content that will not be credited to me.
  • Plotting services are a flat $250.
TIMELINE
I can offer a turn-around of a couple of days on work not exceeding 2 000 words; longer jobs will take longer, but my general speed is 1 000 words a day, including editing, so you shouldn't have to wait long.
Last edited by isak grozny on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

isak grozny
Regular

Re: I Am An Interactive Fiction Writer [PAID]

#2 Post by isak grozny »

Added a way to contact me and conditions on when payment should be sent, because I forgot those initially!

isak grozny
Regular

Re: I Am Visual Novel Writer [PAID]

#3 Post by isak grozny »

I made some small updates to clarify what kind of services I offer, added a way to contact me on Discord and also added one more sample—a CYOA text game that came 2nd in ECTOCOMP 2017 and was nominated for the XYZZYs in two categories.

Currently free to take on projects of any length! Willing to work from someone else's plot/outline.

isak grozny
Regular

Re: I Am Visual Novel Writer - PAID, CHEAP (2c per word)

#4 Post by isak grozny »

An update to the prices, plus a new service offered: plotting! Give me characters, a setting, a genre and information on desired themes, imagery, etc. and I write for you a 4-page plot synopsis, covering a major plot and at least 2 subplots!