Writer/Editor Looking to Collaborate

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Zootower
Regular

Writer/Editor Looking to Collaborate

#1 Post by Zootower »

Cheers!

I'm a short story/novella writer who'd like to break into the visual novel circuit. As a prelude to working on my own visual novel, I'd like to join a team to get a first-hand look at the creative process -- and assist in the realization of a full project. My preference is to join a writing staff so that I can collaborate with other writers and learn the ins-and-outs, but if there is a smaller solo project that you think would fit my aesthetic and style, I'd happily jump in with that.

I'm not particular about format. My own work is speculative/sci-fi/"literary" fiction but I'd very much like to try my hand at writing a slice-of-life romance or anything, really. Consider me open to suggestion.

Regarding my work, here are three of my most recent short stories, published in Fluland Mag:
Blue-Shift
Red-Shift
Cross-Channel

Happy to share some older pieces in other genres upon request.

Writing serialized short-stories is very much a passion of mine, and I think that translates well to the EVN ethos. I realize those samples probably don't mesh perfectly into VN writing conventions, as they're more "literary" endeavors, so I'd be happy to provide a personalized/tailored writing sample if my work interests you.

I'm also a reasonably capable editor, having done copyediting for my collegiate newspapers the past several years, in addition to being the executive editor of the St. John's University Literary Magazine, Sequoya, in 2014. Consider my preference for the moment writing, however.

Insofar as cost/commission: Happy to join a small project pro-bono if I like the art/concept. I'm willing to converse about it in PMs. I don't have a set rate, and if you'd like me to be on a larger paid project staff from start to finish (in excess of 40k words), we can evaluate from there as professionals.

Looking forward to collaborating with you all!