Writer/Editor/Proofreader Looking for Experience [CLOSED]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Astrala
Projects: Unannounced, Unannounced
Tumblr: astrala-angel
itch: Astrala

Writer/Editor/Proofreader Looking for Experience [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Astrala »

Hi! :)

I'm Astrala and I'm new to Lemmasoft, though I've been a fan of Ren'Py games for years. I'm pretty shy, so you probably won't see me posting much, but I'm usually around.

I'm writing this post because I'm looking for some work in the community. As of right now, I prefer working on small, non-commercial projects, but I'll start taking on bigger projects, later. Eventually, I hope to be payed for my work on commercial games, but I'm not going to start charging people until I have some decent experience.

As for right now, I don't have much relevant experience in writing a Virtual Novel, but I just got permission from an author I'm working with to use a scene from their VN as an example of my editing skills. I still haven't gotten around to finishing those writing samples, because I've already started working on a couple of VN's, but I will finish them soon.

What I Offer
- Character & Story Development (This includes World-building.)
- Copy & Comprehensive Editing
- Outlining
- Proofreading
- Writing

My Qualifications
I have a BA in English.
I enrolled in and passed a Creative Writing course for my degree. (Avoiding cliches, setting description, engagement, ect...)
I enrolled in and passed a Technical Writing course for my degree. (Organization, word choice, text arrangement, ect...)
I enrolled in and passed an Introductory Coding course. (Basic JavaScript) <- Though, I wouldn't feel comfortable coding anything as of now.

Samples
Editing Sample

Now, for the project specific stuff. :D :mrgreen:

I Will Write/Edit
- Action
- Comedy
- Drama
- Fantasy
- Horror
- Mythology
- Psychological
- Romance (ANY X ANY)
- Sy-Fy
- Slice of Life
- Supernatural/Paranormal
- Tragedy
- Possibly, more things that I can't think of, right now.

I Will Try to Write/Edit
- Historical
- Mystery
- R18+
- Suspense

I Won't Write/Edit
- Discriminatory Works
- Illegal R18+
- Some Fetishes (Ask)

Do I sound like a good fit? :?: :?

Terms and Conditions
- I reserve the right to refuse any project, for any reason.
- I require a list of all main characters with their descriptions for every project I help produce or refine.
- I require my name to be in the credits of any project I help produce or refine.
- I reserve the right to quit working on any project that changes to include subjects that I've stated, I'm uncomfortable writing.
- If I quit working on a project for the above reason, I should still be credited for the work I finished.

Include In Your PM
- A detailed description of your vision and goals for the project.
- The service or services you'd like me to provide
- All applicable deadlines.
- An estimated word or hour length.

***(It is my belief that all of the greatest stories are built with consistent, well-defined characters, which is why I require character descriptions for all of the main cast. Even as far along as the editing phase, changes in phrasing can make a character feel much more real.)***

Example
Minimum Character Description:
Name: Blond dude? (No one will ever convince me that 'dude' is a gender specific term.)
Datable: Yes
General: Blond dude? is sweet, compassionate, and would do anything for a friend. That being said, they're also very unlucky, so their help usually does more harm than good. They love fencing and poetry, and their greatest fear in life is lobsters. Their dream is to find and tame a flying, space whale and ride it to the moon. They are very physically strong, and work on a dairy farm.
Let's see if I'm available! :shock: :oops:

Script Writing
1 UNAVAILABLE

Character & Story Development and Outlining
1 TAKEN

Proofreading & Editing
1 TAKEN
2 AVAILABLE

Have a wonderful morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!
-Astrala
Last edited by Astrala on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 am, edited 8 times in total.

Rfpnj
Projects: Therapist

Re: Writer/Editor/Proofreader Looking for Experience

#2 Post by Rfpnj »

Would you consider a Text-based Game where you had the chance to write longer scenes and is there any genre that you will not touch?

Astrala

Re: Writer/Editor/Proofreader Looking for Experience

#3 Post by Astrala »

Hello, Rfpng,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I'm looking for experience, so I'm willing to try writing for any type of game. Though, if you're referring to text-based games similar to the Choice of Games series, I'd be especially happy to help. I love that "chose your own adventure" style. (Plus, I'm naturally a little long-winded, so longer scenes won't be a problem :) )

As for what I won't do, I don't know of anything, specifically, but I'm sure there are a few things with which I'd be uncomfortable. By which I mean I'm not very familiar with the 18+ subcategories, though I'm okay with the few things of which I've heard. (I apologize for my vagueness, but if I'm required that I write about a specific kink or fetish, it'd be best to ask if I'm comfortable with it, specifically) Other than that, I feel obligated to mention that History has never been one of my strong points. I'm willing to do research, but if you want something super historically accurate, I can only guarantee that I'll give it my best.

Thank you again for your response and I'm sorry I couldn't be more specific.
Have a wonderful (insert time of day)!
-Astrala

Astrala

Re: Writer/Editor/Proofreader Looking for Experience [SEMI-OPEN]

#4 Post by Astrala »

I've opened another Editing/Proofreading slot!

I've added an Editing Sample!