bored loser seeks hobby project [ writing + editing + sprites ]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
cider

bored loser seeks hobby project [ writing + editing + sprites ]

#1 Post by cider »

whomst
Call me Cider! I'm a super bored university grad / casual role player who's been around the bend for a good long while. I have a VN I'm working on called May/December, although in light of my shoddy coding abilities, my weirdass detective point and click is backburnered until I actually figure out how to... well, make it point and click. Until then, I figure I might as well get used to VN making in general, as babby's first VN probably isn't going to turn out as well as I think with no experience in the medium.

So! I'm looking for something to do while I look for a job. #ForExposure if you will. I've probably just shamed several people in a single stroke saying that. I'm sorry friends.

writing

Like I said, I've been role playing for the better part of the last decade of my life. I don't mean the saucy kind, I mean the kind where you pick a character and play them in a collective fictional setting. If this was a resume, you could frame that as the idea that I collab well with others and can stick with the development of singular characters especially well.

If you need a couple of samples, you can find some old stuff here, here, and here. [ Genta, Casimir and Latricia belong to me! Others are friends.]

editing
okay i don't have any direct examples of this that don't involve like. business writing. but people once paid me for this purpose among other things. trust me on this one.

art
okay i'll be the first to admit that i'm pretty amateur in this department, but you'd be getting the content..for free. plus it's not really my specialization per se, but I'm never opposed to a chance to improve. I like character design and sprites best, but I could like. attempt. backgrounds or cgi stuff I suppose. I'll have to learn that shit eventually anyway...

Please don't ask for nsfw tho i think i'd shame 3 generations of your family just by looking

if you need examples (most of them are kinda sketchy) i have a sprite, a cheeb, a lazy fullbody, and yet another sprite. Don't mind the sizes, these weren't made for ren'py windows; i can draw to scale well enough.

$$$$$

I mean that would be NICE, as I'm a broke joke, but not required. Provided the scope isn't ridiculous and you have a fun premise/characters, that's enough payment for me.

if someone out there could teach me more about coding/python or musicmaking though, i'd be super gung ho about that lmAO

game prefs
I like stuff that's funny! Anything sci-fi or fantasy based is a pretty easy sell on me, but I'm willing to at least have a look at about anything.

Not super big on the sexual NSFW tho. While I CAN write such scenes, they're super boring for me, frankly.

contact

just post up in this thread, or hit me up on discord at cider#0639.

gammastre
Regular
Completed: Requiescence
Projects: Chess of Blades
Organization: Argent Games
Tumblr: argentgames
itch: argent-games

Re: bored loser seeks hobby project [ writing + editing + sprites ]

#2 Post by gammastre »

Added ya on discord

Little bit of everything and lots of nothing, business manager
Twitter | Website | Tumblr