Creative Consultant for You! (Paid)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Jain
Regular

Creative Consultant for You! (Paid)

#1 Post by Jain »

Heya, I’m Jain. I’m here to offer my services as your creative consultant.

I will read and critique anything. Anything. Blood, gore, explicit sex scenes, existential horror? Romance, Sci-Fi, Fantasy? Historical Fiction? Whatever you’ve got going on, I’ll go line by line and tell you what works, what doesn’t and how you might want to fix it.

Need help fleshing out a few characters? Dialogue? Overall plot brainstorming? Just don’t know how to end a scene? I’d love to help. I’ve got a BA in Creative Writing, if that means anything to you (to me it means I hate Bleak House, White Noise and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man but as long as you’re not writing one of those again we shouldn’t have a problem).

Please post or send me a PM with a few lines about your project, and we can talk prices. I can promise flexibility for projects both big and small!

Completed Projects
- Panzer Hearts (Helyees)
- Winter's Symphonies (LeafCascade)
- Garden of Seif (Sunasrose)

In Progress
-
-
-
Last edited by Jain on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

Re: Editor (Free)

#2 Post by Helyees »

Jain helped us tremendously! She is very, very talented in seeing the spots that the writer (in this case me and my friend) had missed. The world of our Panzer Hearts game got so much more realistic with her help.
Very easy to communicate with and funny person. >>>A strong recomendation from the whole Panzer Hearts team!<<<

LeafCascade
Regular

Re: Creative Consultant for You!

#3 Post by LeafCascade »

Working with Jain was a really great experience. In just a few days' time, she has given me a lot (and I really do mean a lot) to think about going forward, and I'm certain my story will benefit greatly from her feedback.

Reading her comments on my text was a joy. They helped me see what "worked" in my writing and what didn't. In the former cases, she'd let me know, often with a few words of praise as well as motivation as to why, and in the latter cases, she'd offer me detailed advice on how to make it work. These comments would often also contain questions to make you reflect. For example, she'd perhaps ask why you wrote something a certain way (i.e checking if there was thought behind fact x or reaction y), or how a piece of information could be removed/added/modified for extra effect. She's immensely thorough, witty, and easy to deal with.

I don't think I could be happier with her services, because she really went above and beyond what I initially expected. It's the first time I get this kind of feedback on a story of mine, and after this experience, I can say for sure that it won't be the last.

sonnenblumen
Regular
Projects: Project: Perfectly Normal

Re: Creative Consultant for You! (Paid)

#4 Post by sonnenblumen »

Jain’s honest and constructive feedback has been super helpful so far. She’s not only given me inspirations for how to approach some part of my story differently, but also provided sources of inspirations. It’s been a great experience working with her so far and I definitely intend to continue to recruit her services! I strongly recommend her services!

Jain
Regular

Re: Creative Consultant for You! (Paid)

#5 Post by Jain »

Open for new projects!