Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

#1 Post by renkka »

Hello! My name is Ren, also known as Renkka, and I am a narrative designer, writer, editor, and producer with over 3 years of professional writing experience.

I have worked at Netmarble, the developers of popular mobile games such as The Seven Deadly Sins and BTS World, and have worked with indie VN developers such as Reine Works, Radical Phi, Dharker Studio, and YesterJoy Games.

Additionally, I have worked as an academic writing tutor for undergraduate and graduate-level university students.

Projects

- BTS Universe Story - Writer
- Bistro Days - Lead Writer
- Every Day's Different - Writer
- Mizari Loves Company - Lead Writer, Outliner
- The Glass Coffin - Writer, Producer
- Sweet as Magic - Writer, Assistant Producer
- Legend of Rune - Editor
- Angels with Broken Hearts - Editor
- Signed and Sealed with a Kiss - Writer, Outliner (Prince's Route)
- An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer - Character Route Writer (Comet, Blitzen)

Writing Samples

- Neon City - Friendship, Comedy, Adventure
- The Call - Horror, Suspense, Mystery, Romance
- The Wondrous Scheme - Short Story | Slice-of-Life, Friendship, Romance, Adventure, Coming of Age
- Bonding Time - Friendship
- Caroling with Santa's Reindeer - Friendship

Find more on my portfolio here!

I am also familiar with Ren'Py scripting and can write in Ren'Py compatible format.

What I Can Work With

Friendship
Romance
Horror/Suspense/Thriller
Psychological
Supernatural/Fantasy
Comedy
Slice-of-Life
Action
R-18/Mature Content
GxB/GxG/BxB/BxG/LGBT+

I'm open to just about every genre/concept, but I'm likely to decline offers that are heavily sci-fi, sports, mid-western, or medical. I can also adapt to different writing styles to fit your needs.

Services

PROOFREADING - $0.015/word

This includes correction of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors, along with formatting if requested. I’m also willing to include general feedback free-of-charge.

--- SLOT 1: CLOSED

EDITING - $0.025/word

This includes proofreading and more intensive editing of text and dialogue for better consistency, word choice, and flow. I will offer constructive criticism/feedback about content, characters, outlines, and whatever else you wish to discuss.

WRITING - Rate Varies, $0.05/word+ ($0.06/word+ for NSFW)

Booked until ~mid 2021.

OUTLINING - Rate Varies, $0.04/word+ ($0.05/word+ for NSFW)

I will provide detailed character outlines (profiles, backstories, etc.), assist with world-building and lore, or outline entire stories/routes.

STORY CONSULTING - Rate Varies (Can be Flat Fee/Hourly/By Word)

I will review your game's material (characters, outlines, scripts, demo, etc.) and provide detailed feedback on how to improve your story and overall gameplay experience. I will not personally write, edit, or outline unless requested to. Standard rates would apply on top of story consultation fee.

Payment

Rates are slightly negotiable and vary depending on the scale of the project, deadlines, and expectations for me. For instance, I will charge more on projects that need to be started from scratch or does not have a lot of material for me to work off of.

I accept payments through PayPal.

Terms
  • I reserve the right to decline requests.
  • Rates are slightly negotiable.
  • I request for credit in the project in exchange for my services.
  • I am easily accessible through email and Discord (ID is renkka#7311), but email is preferred.
  • I will respect your deadlines, situations, feedback, and requests. I only ask the same from you in return!
If interested in working with me, please contact me (email preferred) with information about your project (anticipated word count, expectations, etc.), and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Email: rxnkka@gmail.com
Discord: renkka#7311
Portfolio: Link
Last edited by renkka on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Renkka
Writer, Editor, Narrative Designer

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Bistro Days, BTS Universe Story, Ova Magica, Every Day's Different, etc.

#2 Post by renkka »

Updated! I will now be accepting revenue shares and am open to various payment plans based on your budget.
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

Rfpnj
Projects: Therapist

Re: (Free/Paid) Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN]

#3 Post by Rfpnj »

I would be will to talk about an 18+ project, revenue sharing for payment structure. As i have been looking for a new writer, for a few months.

renkka
Regular

#4 Post by renkka »

All slots open with one writing slot closed! Feel free to PM/email me your offers!
Renkka

renkka
Regular

Re: (Free/Paid/Trade) Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN]

#5 Post by renkka »

Open to work (preferably without strict deadlines) again. Please reach out to me through PM or email!
Last edited by renkka on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renkka

renkka
Regular

#6 Post by renkka »

Opened one slot for a limited time for PAID writing through June-August, as that is my summer break. Preference for horror or dark themes! Also open for paid outlining!
Renkka

renkka
Regular

Re: Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

#7 Post by renkka »

Been busy for the past few months, but I am once again available for work!

I have updated my writing samples with more recent work. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Renkka

Yulia
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~, SSWK, The Queen of Blackwood High
Projects: Honey Trap, Sweet As Magic, Mizari Loves Company, Picture Perfect Romance, Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~, EDD, AOGTSR, Possessions
Organization: Reine Works, Crystal Compass
itch: crystal-compass

Re: Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

#8 Post by Yulia »

Ren is an outstanding writer who brings life to every project she works on. I cannot recommend her enough, having co-written with her on multiple projects she is an absolute joy to work with. She works alongside you step by step to ensure that your vision is achieved in your story/characters while adding special twists that heighten them.

She can work with an array of genres, but ones that shine through and are a must-have for your stories are horror and drama. Ren's writing style complements the horror genre spectacularly, quite frankly making my hair stand on end whenever I read her samples. If you are looking for a horror writer I cannot recommend anyone else but her.

She is dedicated to her craft and takes time to construct ideas that continue to astound me, she truly is a one-of-a-kind writer. Ren is a prompt, professional, and exciting person to work with, and her attention to detail is the best I've seen. Truly if you commission her into your project you will not regret it.
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage

renkka
Regular

#9 Post by renkka »

I've updated my rates and projects and am currently searching for 1-2 new projects to occupy the coming months. Feel free to reach out to me if interested. Thank you!
Renkka

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#10 Post by Bryy »

I may have overstretched myself writing-wise and will 100% be looking at you in the future. We just came off a project where the contractor wanted a "Broken Hearts/Wings"-type feel.

renkka
Regular

#11 Post by renkka »

After nearly 6 months, I'm open for work again as I transition between jobs. Offering proofreading, editing, and writing services for a short-term, smaller project preferably with loose deadlines. Feel free to reach out to me through e-mail or Discord if interested! Thank you.
Renkka