Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Picture Perfect Romance, Mizari Loves Company, SSWK, Angels with Broken Hearts
Organization: Reine Works, Crystal Compass

Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

#1 Post by renkka » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 am

Hello! My name is Lauren Boc, also known as "Renkka," and I am a narrative designer, writer, and editor with over 3 years of professional writing experience, including 1.5 years in game development and visual novels.

I have worked with Reine Works as the lead writer and outliner for Mizari Loves Company and Prince's route writer for Signed and Sealed with a Kiss.

I've also published a self-written and highly-rated visual novel, The Glass Coffin, as a submission for NaNoRenO 2019, under my team name, Crystal Compass. Additionally, I have over a year's worth of experience as an academic writing tutor for undergraduate and graduate-level university students.

My passion is crafting meaningful and rich narratives that incorporate interactive story-based elements. I enjoy generating dynamic dialogue and characters, drawing upon my own experiences and that of others to tell stories that explore the depth of human emotion and engage the imagination of readers.

PROJECTS

Past Projects
Angels with Broken Hearts - Radical Phi, Editor
An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer - Anomalis, Character Route Writer (Comet, Blitzen)
Lylium Legends - Firesnake Studio, Character Lines Writer
Signed and Sealed with a Kiss - Writer, Outliner
Mizari Loves Company - Lead Writer, Outliner

Current Projects

The Glass Coffin - Writer, Director
Picture Perfect Romance - Writer, Director
Legend of Rune - Editor

WRITING SAMPLES

Friendship/Romance
Screenplay Format:
The Call
Arcade Outing

Visual Novel Scripts:
Bonding Time
Caroling with Santa's Reindeer

Horror/Suspense
Into the Seashell

Prose Format:
The Wondrous Scheme
The Butcher

I am also familiar with Ren'Py programming, so I can write in Ren'Py script format too.

What I Can Work With

Horror/Suspense/Thriller
Romance
Friendship
Psychological
Supernatural/Fantasy
Comedy
Action
R-18/Mature Content
GxB/GxG/BxB/BxG

I'm open to just about every genre/concept out there, but I'm likely to decline offers that are heavily sci-fi, sports, mid-western, or medical. I can also adapt to different writing styles to fit your needs.

SERVICES

PROOFREADING - $0.0075/word

This includes correction of spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors, along with formatting if requested. I’m also willing to include general feedback free-of-charge.

--- SLOT 1 (PAID): OPEN

EDITING - $0.015/word

This includes proofreading and editing text and dialogue for better consistency, word choice, and flow. I will offer constructive criticism/feedback about content, characters, outlines, and whatever else you wish to discuss. I’m also more than willing to bounce ideas with you!

--- SLOT 1 (PAID): CLOSED
--- SLOT 2 (PAID): OPEN

WRITING - $0.03/word ($0.04/word for NSFW)

I can deliver at least 10k words per month, however, I can write that amount in 1-2 weeks if needed. My writing speed depends on the project expectations and personal schedule.

--- SLOT 1: OPEN

OUTLINING - $0.02/word ($0.03/word for world-building)

I will provide detailed character outlines (profiles, backstories, etc.), assist with world-building/lore, or outline entire stories/routes.

My Outlining Info document breaks down the various options you have for my outlining services, along with an example of a character outline.

--- SLOT 1: CLOSED
--- SLOT 2: OPEN

PAYMENT

I accept payments through PayPal. We can also set up a payment plan that works with your budget (ex. 50% payment upfront, 50% later, etc.).

Terms
  • I reserve the right to decline requests.
  • Rates are non-negotiable.
  • I request for credit in the project in exchange for my services.
  • I am easily accessible through e-mail, PM, and Discord (ID is renkka#7311).
  • I will respect your deadlines, situations, feedback, and requests. I only ask the same from you in return!
If interested in working with me, please contact me (email, PM, Discord) with information about your project (anticipated word count, expectations for me, etc.).

Email: rxnkka@gmail.com
Discord: renkka#7311 (Preferred)

Looking forward to working with you and bringing your project to life!
Last edited by renkka on Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 35 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)
Narrative Designer, Writer, Editor
-- Character Art by: Eightway (The Glass Coffin), MizuYukiiro (Honey Trap), YuukiPudding (Picture Perfect Romance)

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Picture Perfect Romance, Mizari Loves Company, SSWK, Angels with Broken Hearts

Re: (Free/Paid) Proofreader, Editor, Writer

#2 Post by renkka » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Updated! I will now be accepting revenue shares and am open to various payment plans based on your budget.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)
-- Character Art by: Eightway (The Glass Coffin), MizuYukiiro (Honey Trap), YuukiPudding (Picture Perfect Romance)

Rfpnj
Projects: Therapist

Re: (Free/Paid) Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN]

#3 Post by Rfpnj » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 pm

I would be will to talk about an 18+ project, revenue sharing for payment structure. As i have been looking for a new writer, for a few months.

renkka
Regular

Re: (Free/Paid) Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN]

#4 Post by renkka » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:09 pm

All slots open with one writing slot closed! Feel free to PM/email me your offers!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: (Free/Paid/Trade) Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN]

#5 Post by renkka » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Tight on money and really need some paid work (preferably without strict deadlines). Reach out to me through PM or email!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: Proofreader, Editor, Writer, Critique [OPEN][FREE/PAID/TRADE]

#6 Post by renkka » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Opened one slot for a limited time for PAID writing through June-August, as that is my summer break. Preference for horror or dark themes! Also open for paid outlining!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

#7 Post by renkka » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Been busy for the past few months, but I am once again available for work!

I have updated my writing samples with more recent work. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

Yulia
Regular
Completed: Reflections ~Dreams & Reality~, SSWK, The Queen of Blackwood High
Projects: Honey Trap, Sweet As Magic, Mizari Loves Company, Picture Perfect Romance, Luna Piena ~Descent into Darkness~, EDD, AOGTSR, Possessions
itch: crystal-compass

Re: Experienced Writer Looking for Work! [OPEN][PAID] - Writing/Editing/Outlining

#8 Post by Yulia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Ren is an outstanding writer who brings life to every project she works on. I cannot recommend her enough, having co-written with her on multiple projects she is an absolute joy to work with. She works alongside you step by step to ensure that your vision is achieved in your story/characters while adding special twists that heighten them.

She can work with an array of genres, but ones that shine through and are a must-have for your stories are horror and drama. Ren's writing style complements the horror genre spectacularly, quite frankly making my hair stand on end whenever I read her samples. If you are looking for a horror writer I cannot recommend anyone else but her.

She is dedicated to her craft and takes time to construct ideas that continue to astound me, she truly is a one-of-a-kind writer. Ren is a prompt, professional, and exciting person to work with, and her attention to detail is the best I've seen. Truly if you commission her into your project you will not regret it.
Wes (Crystal Compass)
~ Writer, Art Director, Narrative Designer, Developer ~

ImageImage
ImageImage

renkka
Regular

#9 Post by renkka » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:19 pm

I've updated my rates and projects and am currently searching for 1-2 new projects to occupy the coming months. Feel free to reach out to me if interested. Thank you!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: Army of Tentacles 1 & 2, Paper Shakespeare: To Date or Not To Date?
Projects: Furries & Scalies & Bears OH MY!, The Ghost of Joe Papp 2: The Dragons of Joe Papp
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#10 Post by Bryy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:11 pm

I may have overstretched myself writing-wise and will 100% be looking at you in the future. We just came off a project where the contractor wanted a "Broken Hearts/Wings"-type feel.